Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkoDolohov

There was a minority on here that immediately tried to push the narrative that locals were against Qatar; it was never true and was only really done for virtue signalling and one-upmanship.
Its cute they think locals are against it. Folk on r/reddevils were also spouting the same delusion. Glad to see its rightfully being crapped on as it was a rubbish assertion to begin with. Brexit Jim has himself to blame. The fool didnt say nowt about what he planned on doing to the surrounding area etc as its hard to be held accountable for something you havent said.

cyberman

Rio called the Ronaldo deal because the source was Ronaldo himself. He acts like a muppet rest of the time, even if he got some contacts at the club.
He didn’t call it, he helped facilitate it.
Turned to shit but he did what he did.
I don’t understand the hostility, it’s not as if he makes these wild claims every week.
But let’s believe Mike Keegan

JagUTD

Probably not, they'll hang around and complain endlessly.
So you're saying they'll become like the pro Qatari fans who complain endlessly about every aspect of United, particularly in the matchday threads which serve as a reminder that things can always get worse, whenever anyone complains about this thread?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Rio doesn’t even sound 100% certain himself on it to be honest but fair play he sounds like a fan.

Robertd0803

Jesus, that day Ronaldo was said to be going to City only to join United could probably be the best day we have had as United fans in the last decade. How sad is that?
Its behind the trophy wins (just) but yeah I personally lost my shit when he rejoined.

mu4c_20le

Rio called the Ronaldo deal because the source was Ronaldo himself. He acts like a muppet rest of the time, even if he got some contacts at the club.
Nah he knows people. This is your last chance to get in on the stock before it goes to the moon.

Don't get left behind like bitcoin again.

putzmcgee123

If Rio ends up being wrong, this combined with his recent fellating of 115 FC will have him in the doghouse with a lot of fans. :lol:

kps88

As someone who watches his Youtube channel regularly with a mixture of enjoyment and cringe, my guess would be he has zero inside knowledge on this. It's more likely someone at his channel just told Rio about the rumours suggesting Qatar and he went with that.

jm99

So you're saying they'll become like the pro Qatari fans who complain endlessly about every aspect of United, particularly in the matchday threads which serve as a reminder that things can always get worse, whenever anyone complains about this thread?
Sorry, are you saying that pro Qatari fans are the only ones who've complained about our performances this season?

Billy Jim

I think he's talking out his arse. Highly highly doubt that anybody privy to the deal would A) give him any insider knowledge and B) let him put that video up exclusively ahead of any journalists with pedigree.

He's most likely seen the dodgy tweets from earlier in the week and gotten excited.

Scholesay

It was pretty widely reported early on that they wanted him to be part of the bid and then later some reports that they want him to be part of the club in the event they take over.
I’m sure even on vibe with five during and after the World Cup they were joking about how Rio was close with the higher ups in Qatar.

For him to be this bullish it must have come directly from the buyers.

FujiVice

Rio is a big publicity merchant. He'd be fecking delighted if he was the one to break the news. You sense he wouldnt do this if he wasnt completely certain.

Kag

I’m sure it’s all been said: Rio is a prat, but he does know people right inside the club.

Mad thing to come out with, mind.

stw2022

Markets aren't muppets. They're largely investors and serious money people not likely to be swayed by dodgy Tweets or even tabloid newspapers citing dodgy Tweets

The assumptions market movements are attributable to the above never seemed likely to me.

vulmik

Rio is an ambassador for Qatar tourism.
Jassim has also been reported to want to involve ex players with the club in some capacity.
He would definitely be in the know.

jm99

I think he's talking out his arse. Highly highly doubt that anybody privy to the deal would A) give him any insider knowledge and B) let him put that video up exclusively ahead of any journalists with pedigree.

He's most likely seen the dodgy tweets from earlier in the week and gotten excited.
This isn't like transfers though, a lot of journalists usual sources won't be able to help here, it's not as if they get their information by magic, they get them from sources, and it's not impossible that rio knows someone high up in the club that doesn't talk to other journos

Nori-

New York Stock Exchange opens in roughly 30mins.

Put your helmets on and buckle in boys. The G force is going to be insane.

Red_toad

If people are so opposed to the owners, a club was set up a long time ago by other United fans, so they may wish to join them.
They're free to support whoever and post whatever, I don't control other actions or choices on the Caf. I might not understand why anyone would wish to hang round like an unwelcome ex with an obsession that they can't move on from, but I'm not in that frame of mind. Haven't liked the owners for nearly 20 years, so meh, they are not the club, they are custodians until the next group takes over.

mu4c_20le

Markets aren't muppets. They're largely investors and serious money people not likely to be swayed by dodgy Tweets or even tabloid newspapers citing dodgy Tweets

The assumptions market movements are attributable to the above never seemed likely to me.
Pexbo is one of those investors though.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Then I don’t have much of an issue with that. As I’ve said, there’s a big difference between accepting it & celebrating it.

Of course not all the people who want Qatar are the childish transfer muppet dregs of the fanbase…. But all the childish transfer muppet dregs of the fanbase want Qatar.

No one’s putting INEOS flags in their social media bios is my point
No one in the comments of the Gordon McQueen post are asking United to “Announce Jim Ratcliffe” … just FYI

The Ferociousness

Qatar reign will signal the end to years of swimming in mediocrity. No more Richard Arnold and John Murtough. No more long-drawn-out transfer saga's haggling for weeks on end over a few million, no more penny-pinching and hoarding players. No more January band aid 30 plus loanee strikers. No more makeshift midfields of mcfreds. No more losing out to the best players and no more top 4 trophy lowering standards. Ruthless aggression will return to the club where only the highest standards will be acceptable from the management, backroom staff down to the players

dacore

Could someone explain? I read earlier that Jassim had asked Al-Khelaifi (PSG) for advice about buying United. But if Jassim buys United, wouldn´t that make Jassim and Al-Khelaifi rivals (for CL, players and so on)? Or would they work together in the name of "Qatari interests"?

Also, is the Qatari state behind QSI? Read there are a lot of questions whether Jassims bid is a state bid or not.

JagUTD

Sorry, are you saying that pro Qatari fans are the only ones who've complained about our performances this season?
We've all complained at times, how could we not. But there's a difference between complaining when it's 7-0 for example or when it's 46 seconds into a game and a balls been kicked out of play...

The latter, from what I have seen tend to fall into the Qatar camp.

Crackers

greasy ginfers

If a kid in Cardiff with 250 followers and a fake tweet can cause a spike in shares (and get retweeted by the editor of a Qatari newspaper), then why can't Rio!
Good rebuttal. Markets are highly volatile places where misinformation can cause a reaction. Maybe not always, but you can't rule it out.
Heck, Redcafe itself once started a transfer rumour that got picked up by a paper. We could do it again if you want a social experiment to prove your theory?

jm99

We've all complained at times, how could we not. But there's a difference between complaining when it's 7-0 for example or when it's 46 seconds into a game and a balls been kicked out of play...

Well I haven't noticed that and given the speed matchday threads tend to move, I feel it would be difficult to cross check whether anyone posting something negative had a history of being pro Qatar or anti Qatar

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I’m inclined to believe him. Even with an NDA people talk all the time. Even I have spilled on transactions to people close to me, when I believe they won’t get me in trouble.

b82REZ

Complete horse shit. Confirmation bias at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.