Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Exactly. He knew the situation. He knew Glazers own United. Everyone knew. He still acted like an amateur or rather like a spoiled child. Or a Phantom.
Exactly. It’s nothing about the club or what the fans want. It’s about what a gremlin family want.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i think this is a smokescreen for mbappe to join in the summer.

Affirmation

Just been in London to watch the NFL game there, so just catching up on all this stuff. It isn't ideal that the Glazers will remain involved somewhat, but this INEOS investment sounds promising going off the recent reports anyway.

MegadrivePerson

John Murtough worried for this job?

He should be!
#mufc's senior management thought they were far more likely to keep their jobs following a Sheik Jassim takeover than after an INEOS one.

Missed this earlier, but this is another reason to favour Sir Jim's bid over the Qatar one. Under Qatar it would have just been more of the same. Sir Jim is actually going to appoint competent capable people to run the club.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Exactly. It’s nothing about the club or what the fans want. It’s about what a gremlin family want.
It mostly is about finding ways and compromises if you really want something. Jassim couldn’t even do that. It’s good then he stays as far away from United as possible.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
#mufc's senior management thought they were far more likely to keep their jobs following a Sheik Jassim takeover than after an INEOS one.

Missed this earlier, but this is another reason to favour Sir Jim's bid over the Qatar one. Under Qatar it would have just been more of the same. Sir Jim is actually going to appoint competent capable people to run the club.
Where was this reported?

Big Andy

Bloke
I have had to mute the words Jassim, Qatar and Ratcliffe on twitter as it’s fecking boring listening to cnuts argue about it.

If anyone follows that wanker @stretfordpost then you need your head testing, fecking clown of the highest order.

“Chelsea and Barca didn’t want Ratcliffe so why should we?”

1. He was outbid by Boehly.
2. Barca are member owned and don’t have an ownership structure like most clubs

Had to block him as he was making me angry

mu4c_20le

I have had to mute the words Jassim, Qatar and Ratcliffe on twitter as it’s fecking boring listening to cnuts argue about it.

If anyone follows that wanker @stretfordpost then you need your head testing, fecking clown of the highest order.

Never heard of them before this, but they have been embarrassing themselves in the last few days with the meltdown.

At least Goldbridge is playing a character.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Never heard of them before this, but they have been embarrassing themselves in the last few days with the meltdown.

At least Goldbridge is playing a character.
I don't think he is.. his name is his stage alias but the guy actually thinks daft shite.

CallyRed

As long as they build a 95,000 seater stadium and a training complex full of AI robots I don't care

crossy1686

career ending

You’re presuming that Jim is going to get it right, last I heard he wanted to appoint someone who worked with the Sky Bike team as head of recruitment.

RedChrome

He is saying the right things so I've decided to be positive. Change is good (especially concerning the Glazers) and we all know Utd needs change so I'm of the opinion that if this deal goes ahead let's give him time and see what changes he makes. Hopefully a new sporting director. Also I would like to see a slightly more combative attitude towards the ref/var situation instead of just passively accepting whatever ludicrous decision goes against us as that's been happening far too much lately.

Hal9000

Just a correction, i don't think he was outbid by Boehly, he just entered the process far to late. Two weeks after the deadline, and Boehly was already being planned to be announced preferred bidder that same day.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It mostly is about finding ways and compromises if you really want something. Jassim couldn’t even do that. It’s good then he stays as far away from United as possible.
I think all you can do is make an offer and get people on board. If you can’t persuade everyone not much you can do. Might be great for you that the Glazers remain, as does the debt but I personally wouldn’t call that good.

Yakuza_devils

All united fans want for Christmas is this bloody ownership saga to end one way or another. Start focusing on football side of things especially the football structure.

We are a bloody football club first and foremost until the Glazers came and make us an adult Disneyland.

Ahmer Baig

Twas me,
Ill recount the information I got and from where.

I was told by two separate people, just randomly people I know very well that are not bullshitters in the least.

Source 1, (April 2023) a family friend of mine. We were at a family function and id only met him a few times, anyway one of his best mates is someone who works in the legal dpt of INEOS. We got chatting and he didn't know I was a United fan anyway he just flippantly mentions his mate and had the following:

- INEOS wasn't stressed in the least and it was considered when not if that they would succeed
- They always thought Jassim was a bluff/not serious, he even said his mate thought he didn't even exist that's how unserious they took that offer.
- The deal had been worked on for 18 months prior to that point (April) the announce was way after work begun.
- The deal would be completed in October

Source 2, (July 2023) one of my very best mates is a very well respected and popular cycling journalist may know him, may not, he's written a couple of books. He was covering the Tour de France back in July and obviously has an in with INEOS cycling team. He didn't mention who but he said someone who would know and wouldn't be bullshitting told him the deal is all but done and will be completed by November, asked him about Jassim and his bid and what they said and he said INEOS has serious cash and was given the impression that they have more ready for the takeover now.

I may get more information, may not, who knows. But that's why Ive been adamant for months its INEOS and October/November, it seems like hear say but both people were not bullshitting and I knew it was happening when it was two completely separate people with solid connections.

I messaged a few people with the info and didn't get a response.

I can't be too detailed on the who the people are since id probably get scolded, most worryingly by the mrs.
You have been correct all along. A lot of posters who did not believe you owe you an apology.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You’re presuming that Jim is going to get it right, last I heard he wanted to appoint someone who worked with the Sky Bike team as head of recruitment.
Qatar owned PSG's chairman is an ex tennis player - what's your point?

Jim appears to be far more likely to get it right than Qatari owners.

Syphon Wallet

I'd say that's pretty far away from a shambles though as the original person said.
They have been a shambles and have been holding banners to get Ratcliffe out.
Decent start to this season, but if you look at it it's a really low amount of points to be second with and unlikely to hold it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Based on absolutely nothing but wishful thinking.
Based on the fact that Qatar have broadly underwhelmed and PSG look a circus for 10+ years, their reported moves were not in line with proper sporting decisions and Ratcliffe's ones are.

There is nothing 'wishful' about that. I just dont take the Qatari bid that seriously for a sporting perspective, they just wanted to buy us as a vehicle to beat their chest like they do with PSG. That much is clear from the leaks and the reported moves they were making, it was going to just be another PSG situation.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Exactly. He knew the situation. He knew Glazers own United. Everyone knew. He still acted like an amateur or rather like a spoiled child. Or a Phantom.
I love how words like "amateur" are thrown around like you're some kinda successful billionaire yourself :lol: You make it sound it was a very easy thing to do and he cocked it up

Ahmer Baig

The way Jassim is acting after losing the bidding war, I am glad he does not own the club. Imagine throwing your toys out of your pram by not getting your way. He doesnt seem like a smart businessman.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ratcliffe very hands on when it comes to football, fun times ahead. The madness continues
Sounds like he's hands on in getting people in certain roles to let them do their thing.

Means a lot when his leaks are about getting Paul Mitchell or Michael Edwards in to structure our transfers better, and Jassim's leak was about who he wanted to buy specifically as brand players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The way Jassim is acting after losing the bidding war, I am glad he does not own the club. Imagine throwing your toys out of your pram by not getting your way. He doesnt seem like a smart businessman.
Thought this the minute he openly said he has 1.5bn to invest in the club after buying it. The Glazers are obviously going to play hard ball :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Qatar owned PSG's chairman is an ex tennis player - what's your point?

Jim appears to be far more likely to get it right than Qatari owners.
For someone who slates Goldbridge for taking out of his behind, you seem to be on a mission to beat the guy at his own game.

Status
Not open for further replies.