4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

saint Jose

I'm probably reading into it too much but his lack of effort when we needed pressing and closing down in the last 10 minutes seemed very noticeable.
I am certain he's on the way out after seeing him come on as a sub, him coming on as a throwaway 85th minute timewaster sub is the managers and clubs way to say he isn't needed.

Its for the best long term , we need clear shop and rebuild and he wants his million CL goals because he does not want to be left behind by messi in farmers leauge.

if we also loan of sell slabhead that would be perfect! As seen today we have a solid defence and i hope he never starts for us let alone wear the captains armband again!

TOKUGAWA-X

Ronaldo is done at United, he cant play in ETH system.

Time to move on, he must accept whatever any other CL club offers.

Phil Osophy

Did nothing as it was expected, these games are not for him anymore. He can't close spaces and beat defenders at speed like Rashford did. He's not even close to Martial at playing back to goal, holding on the ball and releasing it at the right time enabling the team to transition.

So generous from ten Hag to play him today in the end with such a tight result, and having to move Martial to the wing where he loses his influence. Ronaldo shouldn't have played a single minute today.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Neither. But it's the first time and I don't think they will show his face next time when he's on the bench so I'm less angry about Maguire's face. Ronaldo anytime he doesn't start the camera simply can't stop showing his fecking face which prevent me from watching the game :mad:
The more regularly he's on the bench the less the camera will bother showing him

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He should go and offer to play for Sporting for next to nothing. He doesn't need the cash, he gets CL footy and he could win the league too.

None of the big boys want him.

Lassitude42

Reminds me of when we played Louis Saha instead of Van Nistelrooy during a league cup campaign and looked much better as a team. Time for us to part ways with Ronaldo, he's too old, and we need pace up front

Irwin99

Would be funny and a bit tragic if he stayed at the club and was used purely as a Europa League starter. 'The King' playing in the pauper euro league

I'm 99% sure his ego wont take being a bit part player and he'll leave before the window closes but if he stayed and fought his way back into the team then fair play to him.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Sat there and watched the monologue to the coverage and him saying hello to Nev and Keane.

Thought it really weird that Keane said 'see ya Ronaldo' rather than 'see ya Cris' or 'see ya Ronnie'. Felt like such a rebuff.

Couldn't believe it for a second that when benched, a player would have the temerity to make it all about himself somehow, then remembered he's Ronaldo and that's just who he is.

I want him gone. It's clear with Martial, as inconsistent as he is, that the system is there ready for the player we both have and might have to flourish and we can work within that framework with transfers and tactics going forward. Ronaldo cannot be a part of this, for all of his undoubted qualities.

I truly hope he can find somewhere else to enjoy his last few years scoring as many goals as he can and keeping us entertained and grateful for the player he has been, he just can't do it at United.

Lost bear

Sat there and watched the monologue to the coverage and him saying hello to Nev and Keane.

Thought it really weird that Keane said 'see ya Ronaldo' rather than 'see ya Cris' or 'see ya Ronnie'. Felt like such a rebuff.

Couldn't believe it for a second that when benched, a player would have the temerity to make it all about himself somehow, then remembered he's Ronaldo and that's just who he is.

I want him gone. It's clear with Martial, as inconsistent as he is, that the system is there ready for the player we both have and might have to flourish and we can work within that framework with transfers and tactics going forward. Ronaldo cannot be a part of this, for all of his undoubted qualities.

I truly hope he can find somewhere else to enjoy his last few years scoring as many goals as he can and keeping us entertained and grateful for the player he has been, he just can't do it at United.
Yeah, that’s a nice, generous but accurate and realistic farewell. Agree a hundred percent.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Sad how it’s ended for the only player who actually gave a shit last season … new coach comes in, doesn’t adjust tactics to take the best out of a top goal scorer (like how teams do with Lewa, Vini, Kane) and now he is yesterday’s news, a burden on the team, disliked by fans, an object of derision … football, like life, is cruel.

ReallyUSA

Sad how it’s ended for the only player who actually gave a shit last season … new coach comes in, doesn’t adjust tactics to take the best out of a top goal scorer (like how teams do with Lewa, Vini, Kane) and now he is yesterday’s news, a burden on the team, disliked by fans, an object of derision … football, like life, is cruel.
CR7 focused team lead to Europa

oneloop31

to sub a player of ronaldo's stature in the 85th min is simply disrespectful

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
CR7 focused team lead to Europa
Are you sure it was the focus on CR7 and not the poor form of Rashford, Maguire, Sancho as well as Varane’s inability to stay fit, a poor manager in RR and an extremely pedestrian midfield and poor fullbacks that led to Europa?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Are you sure it was the focus on CR7 and not the poor form of Rashford, Maguire, Sancho as well as Varane’s inability to stay fit, a poor manager in RR and an extremely pedestrian midfield and poor fullbacks that led to Europa?
You just have to look at how the team plays without him against the scousers. They are more willing to work for each other when Ronnie isn't playing. We had the most points in any team in the league the previous non-Ronaldo season after coming from behind. Thats about wanting to fight for one another and not wanting to lose -- and that's despite a poor albeit injured Rashford.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Everybody keeps saying he’s leaving or he’s gone but whose willing to buy him!?
I haven’t heard any news about any decent club ..

Any of you that think he’d go to sporting are truly mistaken.. I can assure you he’d rather stay here then end up at sporting..

As far as the club is concerned, we’re not letting him go unless a respectable offer comes in and definitely not when we’re short up front..

He also brings a lot of brand power if nothing else and Glazers would love to see him stay even if he won’t end up playing much cuz he’s always in the headlines and him being in the same convo as United still generates a lot of clicks and chatter..

My bet is he stays and he’ll still get a lot of minutes considering the number of games we’ll play

Edit: when I said any news of any decent club being interested I meant it presently.. of course the old rumours are there but there’s been nothing tangible as of late to suggest he’s leaving

SinNombre

I love Ronaldo's contributions to United the first time round, but the team went from 3rd and 2nd in the two seasons prior to a complete trainwreck with him.

He won't accept a bench role so hopefully he can find a club to take him and his wages.

In Rainbows

Adjust tactics? He's not young anymore scoring 45+ goals a season and he's the one who tried to leave, allowing him to miss preseason.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
You just have to look at how the team plays without him against the scousers. They are more willing to work for each other when Ronnie isn't playing.
This is just one game … let’s wait for the first 8-10 games before praising them.
We had the most points in any team in the league the previous non-Ronaldo season after coming from behind. Thats about wanting to fight for one another and not wanting to lose -- and that's despite a poor albeit injured Rashford.
Then why does EtH want to bring in a RW, RB and DLP in addition to Casemiro, Malacia, Martinez and Eriksen? That is 7 first teamers in his first year. Surely the original team would have been good enough with a couple of additions?

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Adjust tactics? He's not young anymore scoring 45+ goals a season and he's the one who tried to leave, allowing him to miss preseason.
He tried to leave because EtH did not call him to explain how he'd fit in … this was extremely important after how RR kept sniping at Ronaldo without actually taking his name.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Then why does EtH want to bring in a RW, RB and DLP in addition to Casemiro, Malacia, Martinez and Eriksen? That is 7 first teamers in his first year. Surely the original team would have been good enough with a couple of additions?
He has to if he wants to shift the team from a counter-attacking team to a possession-based team. Different skillsets are required.

Belisarius

Everybody keeps saying he’s leaving or he’s gone but whose willing to buy him!?
I haven’t heard any news about any decent club ..

Any of you that think he’d go to sporting are truly mistaken.. I can assure you he’d rather stay here then end up at sporting..

As far as the club is concerned, we’re not letting him go unless a respectable offer comes in and definitely not when we’re short up front..

He also brings a lot of brand power if nothing else and Glazers would love to see him stay even if he won’t end up playing much cuz he’s always in the headlines and him being in the same convo as United still generates a lot of clicks and chatter..

My bet is he stays and he’ll still get a lot of minutes considering the number of games we’ll play

Edit: when I said any news of any decent club being interested I meant it presently.. of course the old rumours are there but there’s been nothing tangible as of late to suggest he’s leaving
I think he'll still be here this season. And I think he'll play. The way we set-up against Liverpool will not necessarily be the way we set-up against Nottingham Forest. Ten Hag said in the post match interview that today he focused on using speed up front against Liverpool. That works because Liverpool come forward and there is space to use speed. In that kind of game, Rashford is a useful player and so is Elanga. But, when our opponents sit back and defend tightly and we need to attack small spaces then speed is not as useful. We've all been frustrated at how toothless Rashford can look when there is no space in behind.

I didn't want them to bring Ronaldo back last year. But, he's here now, and he still has some skills that no one else at our club possesses. I think Ten Hag is intelligent and will adjust our line-up depending on our opponent to get the best out of the mix of skills available to him. Ronaldo will certainly be part of that mix if he chooses to be.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I think he'll still be here this season. And I think he'll play. The way we set-up against Liverpool will not necessarily be the way we set-up against Nottingham Forest. Ten Hag said in the post match interview that today he focused on using speed up front against Liverpool. That works because Liverpool come forward and there is space to use speed. In that kind of game, Rashford is a useful player and so is Elanga. But, when our opponents sit back and defend tightly and we need to attack small spaces then speed is not as useful. We've all been frustrated at how toothless Rashford can look when there is no space in behind.

I didn't want them to bring Ronaldo back last year. But, he's here now, and he still has some skills that no one else at our club possesses. I think Ten Hag is intelligent and will adjust our line-up depending on our opponent to get the best out of the mix of skills available to him. Ronaldo will certainly be part of that mix if he chooses to be.
I agree and I think the choice is out of his hands now (contradicting your final sentence). We had a whole summer to see who wants him but no one does and it now shows in his attitude too.. his body language wasn’t even half as cocky or frustrated as it was last season..

There may even be a scenario that if we have a strong finish this season and end up winning the Europa too then Ronaldo may even want to prolong his stay.. it’s highly obvious barely any clubs are willing to sign him and if United start looking strong after a few more signings and good finish then he’ll likely want to take his chances here.. obviously that’s not to say we’ll want to keep him longer but in football, you never know..

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
He looked toxic for the whole game. Sulking on the bench, clapping almost sarcastically for our goals… He is definitely a problem and it shows.

Belisarius

I agree and I think the choice is out of his hands now (contradicting your final sentence). We had a whole summer to see who wants him but no one does and it now shows in his attitude too.. his body language wasn’t even half as cocky or frustrated as it was last season..

There may even be a scenario that if we have a strong finish this season and end up winning the Europa too then Ronaldo may even want to prolong his stay.. it’s highly obvious barely any clubs are willing to sign him and if United start looking strong after a few more signings and good finish then he’ll likely want to take his chances here.. obviously that’s not to say we’ll want to keep him longer but in football, you never know..
What I was trying to get at was not that he had the choice of leaving or not. I meant that if he keeps a good attitude and trains hard and doesn't cause problems he'll be used whenever ETH thinks he'll help which I think will be quite often. If he becomes disruptive or sulky then he might not play that much.

I do agree that if he is willing to accept a lesser role, he might well stay beyond this season.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
What I was trying to get at was not that he had the choice of leaving or not. I meant that if he keeps a good attitude and trains hard and doesn't cause problems he'll be used whenever ETH thinks he'll help which I think will be quite often. If he becomes disruptive or sulky then he might not play that much.

I do agree that if he is willing to accept a lesser role, he might well stay beyond this season.
Ah okay makes sense. My bad I misread your statement.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He tried to leave because EtH did not call him to explain how he'd fit in … this was extremely important after how RR kept sniping at Ronaldo without actually taking his name.
:lol: Nice mental gymnastics.

Really hope he leaves. He doesn't have a place as a starter for the football we want this team to play. He can poach elsewhere.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Look at the intensity of that game. You can't be carrying the workload of a 37 year CF week in week out in the PL unless there are some exceptional circumstances involved. For us, in the teams current phase we need a specific style of play to develop and he's simply a hindrance to it

In Rainbows

What an excuse. Maybe he could have learned how he would fit in by attending preseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.