4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

miked99

It felt like he was deliberately messing up passes to put team mates in. Which is ridiculous I know. I was chuffed when he came back but if we could swap him for a striker before the deadline it would be better for everybody.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Scored 25 last season. He’s not what he was, that is obvious, but stop with the hyperbole.
And he's another year on. He looked shot January last year. He looks woeful out there and he's not cut out for the premier league anymore. He loses the ball every time he gets it and can't dribble or outrun anyone

He's getting a reality check here because he isn't good enough for a top half premier league club anymore. Genuinely.

Strelok

Good thing they didn't show his face today when he's on the bench. Guess people is getting used to this.

meamth

Two occasions where he was through and normally score. His legs let him down badly today. Noticed he could of put Rashford clean through down the middle but he sent him right so he could run down the middle
Sad because his head knows what to do, but the legs couldn't keep up anymore.

OpenIntrovert

People here are really obsessed with hating Ronaldo. He didn't do his best today and did mess up the 2nd counter attack, but he won his aerial duels, tried his best to press and almost scored the first counter attack. Unfortunately his legs seem to have a problem after he had the pull earlier.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
And he's another year on. He looked shot January last year. He looks woeful out there and he's not cut out for the premier league anymore. He loses the ball every time he gets it and can't dribble or outrun anyone

He's getting a reality check here because he isn't good enough for a top half premier league club anymore. Genuinely.
Come on, he obviously had moments since January last year where he looked pretty good…

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He was woeful, nothing came off.

Anyway, what's the point of throwing him in that game? We were winning and we were defending deeper and deeper, so any attacker who can actually run in counter attacking style is more useful than Ronaldo.
I can only see him being valuable if we're pushing for a goal in the last 20mins.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If he has a contract offer then just cut his current contract up and let him go

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People here are really obsessed with hating Ronaldo. He didn't do his best today and did mess up the 2nd counter attack, but he won his aerial duels, tried his best to press and almost scored the first counter attack. Unfortunately his legs seem to have a problem after he had the pull earlier.
for somebody that thinks he’s too good for us, he has a funny way of showing it. that’s why people are angry at him.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Frustrating cameo. Thought he held onto the ball for way too long.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He fecked up like the only three chances we had when he got involved with the ball, half arsed performance again and not enough quality.

It's the hate he deserves because he's not more of a sub quality these days even in this poor United side but if he's given the time on the pitch he shows again and again, he's not willing to work hard enough and lacking quality.

Remember he's won maybe two headers, that's his contribution. out of the tqo which one he was actually in offside, if he wasn't lazy he could have gotten us into play with his only quality left now but now he will jog in offside.

jameyzane

Miles better than Rashford out there today. Contested for the long balls and won some unlike Rashford. Shame he looks finished, But then, a 37-year Modric is bossing it at Real Madrid. A 34-year old Karim Benzema just picked up an award for Europe's best player. Can Ronaldo be really finished+

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Come on, he obviously had moments since January last year where he looked pretty good…

Yeah he picked it up at the end of the season again, but to me he is just shot physically. Elanga for me isn't a premier league level player and I genuinely am not sure who I'd rather start.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It was poor from him, what frustrates more than his performance is, team thinking they have to play him passes all the time no matter the scoreline and match situation. It's so frustrating, can't blame Ronaldo for that, players should grow a pair.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905

Yep like the game against the relegation Norwich side, cool player to have to get his ego high against the relegation team. He's nothing more than an expensive player who can win a header here and there. SHould we paly Maguire up top then? Perhaps he could do more hold up play than Ronnie ever did at least.

ManRed

Think his performances will get better once the window closes. His head is in too many places and is rightfully dropped.

raydon

I still think he can be invaluable as an impact sub. Forgettable performance today though.

SAFMUTD

That run against Salisu was a reality shock, I mean obviously we all know he has lost pace but there's no way anyone would have catch him on open field a couple of years ago. Salisu catching him so effortless was depressing.

Stadjer

Did not look good in the counter. Or look good at all actually... He wants to play in the CL but if he plays like this he wont be getting into a decent to good CL team.

OverratedOpinion

When the feck did he almost score? When the defender comfortably outpaced him and watched the ball out?

I don't hate him, I just think he is absolutely done as a player at top level. People keep talking about him winning his headers, I think maybe one of them actually went to another United player.

Lyng

He wasnt good today, and yet still offered much more than Rashford and Sancho had done today. Its quite worrying.

kunal18

Yep like the game against the relegation Norwich side, cool player to have to get his ego high against the relegation team. He's nothing more than an expensive player who can win a header here and there. SHould we paly Maguire up top then? Perhaps he could do more hold up play than Ronnie ever did at least.
He scored a hattrick against a resurgent Tottenham. If we were blessed with top class forward options, I could understand ,but none of our forwards can do the basics of holding on to the ball. He will get better as the season progresses once he has more game time.

NewYorkRed

You need help.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Totally finished. We should have let him out of his contract and found himself a club this summer.

BorisManUtd

Won a couple of headers which was important for us to hold the ball but his passes were poor and he looked slow. It's still only August so Cristiano could improve through the season, if he is to stay. If not, then we have to find a replacement.

mav_9me

We absolutely have to get rid of Ronaldo. His lack of pace would be ok if he had decent hold up play. But he doesn't have that either. And doesn't press. What exactly does he offer? Other than hanging in the box for headers/chances. Not worth it at all. Much rather someone like Broja, at least they have hold up play. But it's clear we need another striker.

Don't expect Glazers to do anything though. Sigh.

suheilsworld

Finished player. No gas to run. Feet have gone. Doesn’t fit ETH system. Should be sold and if we can’t find a buyer, should be a bit part player. We need to buy a striker regardless of he stays or goes.

Master Yoda

Ive defended Ronaldo for a long time now. I just cant... no more...
The amount of negative energy around him is too much. Most of the times I dont feel like hes trying at all or want to be here. Get Ronaldo out and save whats left of that great image of him, hes a legend and lets keep it that way.

Ronaldo out please, for the sake of both parties.

Edit: Having said that, Ronaldo showed more than Rashford and Elanga combined. We have a solid defence now which will expose how weak we are up front. Rashford not good enough, Elanga never in a million years, Martial always injured.
Sancho there is potential and I like him but I hope we change his environment otherwise he might catch the virus as well.

Last edited:

FerociousCorgis

Ive defended Ronaldo for a long time now. I just cant... no more...
The amount of negative energy around him is too much. Most of the times I dont feel like hes trying at all or want to be here. Get Ronaldo out and save whats left of that great image of him, hes a legend and lets keep it that way.

Ronaldo out please, for the sake of both parties.
Yeah I gotta agree with you here. At this point really any decent CF we can bring in would be better

Status
Not open for further replies.