4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiva87

Look at this pass. The guy is a disgrace.

Totally agree. So selfish! No care about the need of the team in that moment. Only trying to move Rashford wide to create an opportunity for himself. That's one of the easiest passes to play - especially for him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Totally agree. So selfish! No care about the need of the team in that moment. Only trying to move Rashford wide to create an opportunity for himself. That's one of the easiest passes to play - especially for him.
And you wonder why the 3rd man running was almost non-existant last season.

Herman Toothrot

He doesn't want to play Rashford through, which would be game over and three points for his team. He wants to play Rashford out wide so he can be on the recieving end of a tap in.

Nero

I'm glad so many people have picked up on the intentional over-hitting of the pass.

He's done this his whole career, forces his teammate wide so he can get the return ball.

Greck

This is the most selfish thing I've seen in a while. For the twat that's going to come after me with their head buried in sand this is a common trick. It's not a miskick, he runs straight into the central space as soon as it's left his boot, he wanted to be the one on the finish.

How are we going to replace ronaldo's goals? By replacing the goals he costs teammates acting like he has ownership over central areas and final balls.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
After watching it again, it's certainly not a miskick. It's selfish play.

Shiva87

And you wonder why the 3rd man running was almost non-existant last season.
Again, won't blame that fully on Ronaldo either. If the squad thinks that Ronaldo isn't passing to them- they should have the character to play around him and show their class. It's a challenge they should have taken up.

Ronaldo has some serious issues in mentality and attitude at the moment given his age and his narcissistic personality. They don't go together at all - but the other players cannot be absolved of their problems because of that.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
It could be possible that with no pre-season and limited game time so far, he's off the pace? How many times throughout his career has he come back and proved people wrong, surely that earns him the benefit of the doubt?

I'm not saying let's build a team around him due to his age etc but he can definitely be useful this season if we can get him up to match fitness and working in ETH's way of playing

Renegade

Ronaldo is the only issue ETH has shown weakness.

He is the boss and everybody sees he doesnt fit into this new era, ETH shouldve been clear since the beginning, time to sell the diva.
ETH has shown plenty strength. Why would he go to war with Ronaldo via the media? Do you understand how disruptive that would be to the team and the noise around the club?

His essentially making this a non issue and letting his team selection do the talking. Same with Maguire.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was a classic move he’d do at Madrid, a lot. Push Benz wide for a central return pass

C'est Moi Cantona

It could be possible that with no pre-season and limited game time so far, he's off the pace? How many times throughout his career has he come back and proved people wrong, surely that earns him the benefit of the doubt?

I'm not saying let's build a team around him due to his age etc but he can definitely be useful this season if we can get him up to match fitness and working in ETH's way of playing
If he allows himself to be used how ETH want to use him, ie off the bench, coming off early in games, falling into line with how ETH wants us to play and it not all been about him anymore, then he will be likely be great for us this season, but that's a massive ask for someone like him, and fair enough really.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
If he allows himself to be used how ETH want to use him, ie off the bench, coming off early in games, falling into line with how ETH wants us to play and it not all been about him anymore, then he will be likely be great for us this season, but that's a massive ask for someone like him, and fair enough really.
It is but I think he will concede if he's still here as he will do what he needs to ensuring his game time is maximised with the internationals fast approaching

Adisa

The piece by Duncan Castles shows he has no intention of being that humble.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Again, won't blame that fully on Ronaldo either. If the squad thinks that Ronaldo isn't passing to them- they should have the character to play around him and show their class. It's a challenge they should have taken up.

Ronaldo has some serious issues in mentality and attitude at the moment given his age and his narcissistic personality. They don't go together at all - but the other players cannot be absolved of their problems because of that.
But he gave an interview on mentality just last year.

C'est Moi Cantona

Problem is alot of people didn't even know what he was up to there as he's so prone to a bad pass nowadays, Rashford never had a hope of getting near it, and I never even questioned it at the time, just saw it was Ronanldo that had done it and didn't think it was anything new.

DavelinaJolie

He clearly passes it with the intention of receiving it again so he could score. He's a fecking pathetic attention seeking narcissistic cnut
Yeah but Ronaldo fanboys:

I mean Rashford was clearly level.with the defender and trying to stay onside. But sure. Apparently it's all Rashfords fault!

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He’s tried to send Elanga out wide so he’d be forced to pass it back to Ronaldo for a tap in. Criminal really.
I quite honestly don’t know how much that hamstring limited him and he’s too proud to come off. Those injuries can be extremely limiting range of motion. Even at 37, he wins that sprint he lost out to the saints defender.

Herman Toothrot

What a load of rot.

Renegade

He needs to get himself up to match fitness.It’s his own fault he missed pre season and missed learning the system. He wants us to build his match fitness up for him to leave us on deadline day.

C'est Moi Cantona

It is but I think he will concede if he's still here as he will do what he needs to ensuring his game time is maximised with the internationals fast approaching
Yes, the fact we've probably told him he can go, and he's had to concede that he can't find a new club, will hopefully be the reality check he needed, as other than Mendes he has no one to blame now.

sugar_kane

Shouldn’t even be on our bench after yesterdays “performance”

We can talk about depth etc but who can honestly say one of the Academy lads plays worse than what Ronaldo churned out yesterday? That’s with the added bonus of not having this entitled diva drag the squad mood down.

Devil77

He doesn't want to play Rashford through, which would be game over and three points for his team. He wants to play Rashford out wide so he can be on the recieving end of a tap in.
Or he doesn’t want to play the straight ball as Rashford is offside? Or maybe he miss hit the pass? So tired of these Q-anon like conspiracy theories.

ForeverRed1

Would do better in any other league in football and he must know that. It’s a tough league for any 37 year old no matter how good they are.

Greck

Or he doesn’t want to play the straight ball as Rashford is offside? Or maybe he miss hit the pass? So tired of these Q-anon like conspiracy theories.
It had nothing to do with offside. If that's even remotely the case Rashford would still be offside on the diagonal.

DavelinaJolie

Well he's going to be in for a rough season then, as ETH has already shown him what he'll do if he doesn't fall into line.
The question to my mind is, are we better off with a disgruntled Ronaldo in the squad not getting starting minutes ahead of Martial most of the time. Or are we better off agreeing to let him go on a free or mutually terminate his contract, and replacing him with a Depay. I know there'll be some choosing the former all day long, but I seriously think the latter is a much better option for the team.

Adisa

My intitial reaction was that it was a mistake until I watched the video again. As soon as he makes the pass, he picks up pace to dart fown the middle. He is anticipating a return pass.
The offside angle is least likely and doesnt make sense to me. Rashford would be offside regardless of where he passes it.

Trequarista10

Either way, he was passing to Rashford so your first point about Rashford maybe having been offside doesn't make sense. It might have been a miss hit pass if we're being generous but that doesn't make it a whole lot better. It was poor from Ronaldo.

I few weeks ago I was saying we should keep Ronaldo, and that once the season starts he will be a professional, and his hold up play is good enough and work rate fine if his minutes are managed, but I'm now on the Ronaldo out bandwagon. He's not worth the 500k wages per week, and plenty of cheap backup or rotation options would be better for the team.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Hopefully he can find his level and stat boost in the League Cup this season.

C'est Moi Cantona

The question to my mind is, are we better off with a disgruntled Ronaldo in the squad not getting starting minutes ahead of Martial most of the time. Or are we better off agreeing to let him go on a free or mutually terminate his contract, and replacing him with a Depay. I know there'll be some choosing the former all day long, but I seriously think the latter is a much better option for the team.
If he's going to spend the season sulking then we're better letting him go, it'll just be the Ronaldo sideshow all the time, which is the last thing we need.

I'd be ok with just getting Anthony and not directly replacing Ronaldo if that was going to be the case. The thought of Depay coming back turns my stomach tbh.

DavelinaJolie

If he's going to spend the season sulking then we're better letting him go, it'll just be the Ronaldo sideshow all the time, which is the last thing we need.

I'd be ok with just getting Anthony and not directly replacing Ronaldo if that was going to be the case. The thought of Depay coming back turns my stomach tbh.
I get it I guess. Utd need more attacking numbers though, and losing Ronaldo would put a further hole in the numbers.

Call me pessimistic, but I don't see Ronaldo just switching into suck it up mode. If he was going to be entirely professional about this, he'd already be trying to impress suitors with any play he gets. He looks disinterested and out of sorts.

CM

I didn't even clock that pass during the game, he's a dickhead for doing that. He also messed up a really basic counter attack right at the end - I'd be interested to watch it back and see if he was doing the same thing there. If he's not capable of making the right pass in those situations, what is he even good for anymore?

That one v one Ronaldo had with Salisu where he got totally outstripped for pace stuck out in my mind too. Salisu is quick but most forwards with a turn of pace get the shot away fairly routinely there.

Eddy_JukeZ

I didn't even clock that pass during the game, he's a dickhead for doing that. He also messed up a really basic counter attack right at the end - I'd be interested to watch it back and see if he was doing the same thing there. If he's not capable of making the right pass in those situations, what is he even good for anymore?

That one v one Ronaldo had with Salisu where he got totally outstripped for pace stuck out in my mind too. Salisu is quick but most forwards with a turn of pace get the shot away fairly routinely there.
His cameo was just awful.

It was sad to watch.

Mr.Plow

Wasn't this guy literally our best player last season?

Surely he hasn't undergone some drastic decline over the summer, clearly he can still be of some use.

He might be unfit or unmotivated, that was probably his last game anyway, but it's puzzling to see posts here suggesting he's a shit player.

Status
Not open for further replies.