Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
At 400k/week he would be an expensive bench warmer
Couldn't care less. Team harmony/spirit is more valuable. If I was United, I'd take the hit and bench or reserve him for a year. what kind of a message would that be sending out for him just to walk back into the side. It's not as if he's changing his mind but to be stuck with him because no other club came in for him then expect all to be forgiven? Nah, no chance.

RedOrange

You can't play down the voice and influence Ronaldo has; he may be diminishing as a player, but his influence is still top notch and he could cause havoc from the bench if so inclined.
You're bang on about his personality but I think his public transfer request will have reduced his influence with [United] fans, management, and the rest of the squad. If he pitches a fit he's not going to have a lot of teammates in his corner a month after publicly demanding an exit, particularly if the team is playing well without him, or barring that, if Martial is banging in goals.

OverratedOpinion

Showed the biggest issue when Garner kept passing him the ball and he refused to turn and get his head up just kept passing the ball back to James despite being in space.

Martial isn't world class but in that situation he would get his head up, turn and turn that into an attack rather than us ending up losing possession.

He does try to press so I won't call him lazy. He is just often quite poor in open play.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Showed the biggest issue when Garner kept passing him the ball and he refused to turn and get his head up just kept passing the ball back to James despite being in space.

Martial isn't world class but in that situation he would get his head up, turn and turn that into an attack rather than us ending up losing possession.

He does try to press so I won't call him lazy. He is just often quite poor in open play.

Even prime Ronaldo was more a give and go merchant when that deep. I've never seen such persistent give and stay.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I'll be honest, it's very very sad and he needs to accept he is no longer as good as he thinks he is.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The king played well for about 25 minutes and was blowing out his arse for the rest of that first half. Almost as though a 37 year old footballer does actually need to take part in pre-season training.
Who would have thought. He is done at that level and needs to be shipped asap

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Actually, it wouldn't bother me so much if the fecker, apologies for that - our very own king, just accepts substitutions and rotations.

Hopefully and if he stays, some sense will come into his head.

El Jefe

Looked to brush off EtH in the first half when ten Hag was giving him instructions, almost as if to say he was beyond told what to do.

On his actual performance, he looked well off the pace and his attempt at pressing was so poor. Another thing which is clear when Ronaldo plays is how players feel compelled to pass to him in attacking positions even if its not the right option.

I really wish there was a decent replacement in the market so we can bin him off.

Godfather

Looked better than most for the first 25 mins. Was done afterwards. That's what happens when you throw a hissy fit during pre season

PoTMS

Left the ground before the FT whistle. Get him the feck outta here.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Looked good on the ball, offered little off it. So nothing new. But tbf he did also look like someone who hadn't had a pre-season.

Strelok

Couldn't care less. Team harmony/spirit is more valuable. If I was United, I'd take the hit and bench or reserve him for a year. what kind of a message would that be sending out for him just to walk back into the side. It's not as if he's changing his mind but to be stuck with him because no other club came in for him then expect all to be forgiven? Nah, no chance.
Same here I don't mind either. Not my money anyway.

I didn't watch the first 30' but the last 15' of the first half we look pretty much like last season. In the second half he's off and things suddenly got much better, much more energetic and much more entertaining. We started to high press a lot which I didn't see any in the first half. Tbh I can't stand another season of that last season's football. It's so shit it'll kill my eyes.

TsuWave

Looked to brush off EtH in the first half when ten Hag was giving him instructions, almost as if to say he was beyond told what to do.
You guys just make up scenarios to be mad about :lol: It was a normal touchline interaction

El Jefe

You guys just make up scenarios to be mad about :lol: It was a normal touchline interaction
If it was so normal why didn't Chong and Garnacho react the same way. He looked to be critiquing how the front three were pressing and Ronaldo was already walking away and turning his back while EtH was still talking to him.

But I'm sure I just made that up right?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Superb debut for a 15m player. First name on team sheet after DDG.

DiMaria

Another thing which is clear when Ronaldo plays is how players feel compelled to pass to him in attacking positions even if its not the right option.
This. Together with his lack of effective pressing off the ball and we really do play better as a team when he’s not on the pitch. He’s still our best goalscorer but at the expensive of what? Team > individuals

TsuWave

If it was so normal why didn't Chong and Garnacho react the same way. He looked to be critiquing how the front three were pressing and Ronaldo was already walking away and turning his back while EtH was still talking to him.

But I'm sure I just made that up right?
Brother, if you've been watching football for years, you would have watched that exchange multiple times. You can't expect seasoned veterans to act/react the same manners kids do. That doesn't mean he brushed off the manager or is beyond being told what to do.

You want to be mad, and the scenario you cooked up enables you to be so. Please proceed

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Can someone explain why are we playing player who is refusing to train? I haven't followed the preseason that much, but didn't he literally refuse to train with us?

Why isn't he left in the reserves and deducted his wages or something? Or he plays whenever he wants, as many of us suggested when we signed him last year?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can someone explain why are we playing player who is refusing to train? I haven't followed the preseason that much, but didn't he literally refuse to train with us?

Why isn't he left in the reserves and deducted his wages or something? Or he plays whenever he wants, as many of us suggested when we signed him last year?
He has trained with us.

He wants to leave and refused to go on pre season (made up some fable). I wish we’d feck him off and bring in somebody for the future.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He has trained with us.

He wants to leave and refused to go on pre season (made up some fable). I wish we’d feck him off and bring in somebody for the future.
Preseason is basically training, which means he has refused to train with us. He was left training on his own from what I have seen.

SirAF

Ageist
Preseason is basically training, which means he has refused to train with us. He was left training on his own from what I have seen.
This is incorrect. He was given permission from the club - I’m not taking a stance on how true that is or not but the official story is that he was given a leave of absence for family reasons. Considering Ronaldo and Gio lost a baby just a few months ago it’s not really that hard to believe.

themanguydude

Initially for the first 15-20 mins, he was trying to press high but then after that the team visibly dropped to a mid block and then back to a high block when Amad was subbed in.

Regardless of fitness, I just don't think he has the physicality to play in Ten Hag's high pressing system over 90 mins.

Reactions: Cheimoon

El Jefe

Brother, if you've been watching football for years, you would have watched that exchange multiple times. You can't expect seasoned veterans to act/react the same manners kids do. That doesn't mean he brushed off the manager or is beyond being told what to do.

You want to be mad, and the scenario you cooked up enables you to be so. Please proceed
You never fail in outdoing yourself as a childish poster.

You keep concocting this idea in your mind that I'm mad or looking for a reason to be upset. All I made was an observation, an observation which many other people saw too.

What you said might hold some weight if EtH had been here a while and had an established relationship with the players, that would be a normal exchange. To behave like that in his first game with his new manager didn't look right. I haven't seen any other player do that throughout the preseason and if it was a player other than Ronaldo, I'd have the same view.

If you didn't see it that way, that's fine you are entitled to your opinion.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Well well
Sounds like a fictional rumour, created and circulated by his online sycophants. What other players? The only player photographed leaving early was Ronaldo. On his own. And “traffic” is such a lame excuse. When has any other Manchester United footballer ever been allowed to leave the ground before the match was over because “traffic”?

Oh and what the feck was he doing in the director’s box during a match? What other players were up there with him? Why weren’t they on the bench?!

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Sounds like a fictional rumour, created and circulated by his online sycophants. What other players? The only player photographed leaving early was Ronaldo. On his own. And “traffic” is such a lame excuse. When has any other Manchester United footballer ever been allowed to leave the ground before the match was over because “traffic”?
Dalot was also in the background of one of the pictures.

SirAF

Ageist

Oh and what the feck was he doing in the director’s box during a match? What other players were up there with him? Why weren’t they on the bench?!
Ok. I’m sure the correct answer will surface soon enough and we’ll see who is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.