Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can someone explain why are we playing player who is refusing to train? I haven't followed the preseason that much, but didn't he literally refuse to train with us?

Why isn't he left in the reserves and deducted his wages or something? Or he plays whenever he wants, as many of us suggested when we signed him last year?
He hasn’t refused to train

SirAF

Ageist
Seems like they’re literally just having a conversation?
Of course not, it’s Ronaldo! He’s throwing a hissy fit the vain motherfecker. Boo! We want hard Irishmen!

Those of us who have seen Ronaldo play for 20 years are, of course, aware that this is his normal body language.

AFC NimbleThumb

Ten Hag not being intimidated & calling him out is ok with me.

It’s a real shame Ron has chosen this tactic as I think had he just fronted up in May & stated he wanted to leave both sides could have come out of this looking far better. I don’t care how many accolades you have, when your manager, especially a new one in the role, is attempting to get their point across you could at least feign listening but overall it’s encouraging to see EtH not pandering & coaching the whole team.

Trequarista10

To be honest, I'd take a Ronaldo who can perform for 30 minutes a match for one season. Not sure how his ego would cope with it, but if he was (theoretically) a sub every game and came on for 30 minutes every game, he'd still end up our top scorer and grab a ton of match winning goals. That's an extreme example but conceptually, let the younger guys try and tire out defences, then who better to take advantage when the game is in the end stages?

Give him the full 90 in Europa with the kids and tell him it we're focusing on the Europa and need him in top condition every game. That'd work, right? :lol:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Fecking hell. We really can’t get rid soon enough, can we?
It’s absolutely bewildering that we have people in this thread saying he played well in the first half. He was shocking off the ball. He pressed once the entire half - the rest off the time he sat 10 yards off their CBs resulting in our CBs having to stay deep and us playing a low-mid block we have played at no other time this pre-season. We had zero control and any threat was transitional ala last season. When we had the ball he spent most of his time coming deep into our half to receive the ball - something I haven’t see Martial do once this month - and something Amad didn’t do. He never made any runs in behind - he constantly comes short because he hasn’t got the pace or physicality to play up against CBs anymore. Oh and for all those tweeting a sodding Goldbridge tweet as a source here’s the times verifying Jackson earlier in saying we haven’t commented on if he had permission to strut off. Hopefully he was told his effort level was unacceptable and he was hooked at HT:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Oh and what the feck was he doing in the director’s box during a match? What other players were up there with him? Why weren’t they on the bench?!
They weren't in the match day squad, I presume (Bruno et al).

No idea why Ronaldo was there, though (if he was).

TsuWave

You never fail in outdoing yourself as a childish poster.

You keep concocting this idea in your mind that I'm mad or looking for a reason to be upset. All I made was an observation, an observation which many other people saw too.

What you said might hold some weight if EtH had been here a while and had an established relationship with the players, that would be a normal exchange. To behave like that in his first game with his new manager didn't look right. I haven't seen any other player do that throughout the preseason and if it was a player other than Ronaldo, I'd have the same view.

If you didn't see it that way, that's fine you are entitled to your opinion.
but - he didn't behave any kind of way, that's the point. You got "brushed off the manager as if to say he was beyond told what to do." and "to behave like that". from this:

and him getting back on to the pitch, but alas

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s absolutely bewildering that we have people in this thread saying he played well in the first half. He was shocking off the ball. He pressed once the entire half - the rest off the time he sat 10 yards off their CBs resulting in our CBs having to stay deep and us playing a low-mid block we have played at no other time this pre-season. We had zero control and any threat was transitional ala last season. When we had the ball he spent most of his time coming deep into our half to receive the ball - something I haven’t see Martial do once this month - and something Amad didn’t do. He never made any runs in behind - he constantly comes short because he hasn’t got the pace or physicality to play up against CBs anymore. Oh and for all those tweeting a sodding Goldbridge tweet as a source here’s the times verifying Jackson earlier in saying we haven’t commented on if he had permission to strut off. Hopefully he was told his effort level was unacceptable and he was hooked at HT:

I actually thought he played well early on. Saying he played well in the first half would be an exaggeration because he basically stopped running after 20 minutes, because he’s so damn unfit after not bothering with a pre-season. But up until that point he did some good things. One or two very nice passes. I’ve no idea if what he was doing was what ETH wanted, mind you. Probably not.

clarkydaz

Sounds like a fictional rumour, created and circulated by his online sycophants. What other players? The only player photographed leaving early was Ronaldo. On his own. And “traffic” is such a lame excuse. When has any other Manchester United footballer ever been allowed to leave the ground before the match was over because “traffic”?

Oh and what the feck was he doing in the director’s box during a match? What other players were up there with him? Why weren’t they on the bench?!
Several players were spotted in the box at the game, dont burst a vessel

TsuWave

People want him to pull out a pencil and a notepad and nod every time he's talking to Ten Hag or something?

Everything is so over analysed with Ronaldo it's kind of scary.

Like he knows better than ETH.
Ronaldo does know a few things about football, yes

Varane around town

There's something tragic about this whole saga.

Cristiano Ronaldo. One of the best players who has ever played football issues a 'Come and get me' plea to football and no one comes.

I think we all know- apart from Ronaldo- that we're witnessing the Ronaldo end game and this will be a sorry chapter in his decline.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
There's something tragic about this whole saga.

Cristiano Ronaldo. One of the best players who has ever played football issues a 'Come and get me' plea to football and no one comes.

I think we all know- apart from Ronaldo- that we're witnessing the Ronaldo end game and this will be a sorry chapter in his decline.
100%

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I have a feeling he will go to Celtic, Dortmund (to replace the injured Haller) or Sporting.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
I actually thought he played well early on. Saying he played well in the first half would be an exaggeration because he basically stopped running after 20 minutes, because he’s so damn unfit after not bothering with a pre-season. But up until that point he did some good things. One or two very nice passes. I’ve no idea if what he was doing was what ETH wanted, mind you. Probably not.
He’ll always have some lovely touches. His technique is pretty underrated I think - he’s very good at one touch passing/flicks which is probably what makes it infuriating - technically he is most definitely up to Ten Hag ball.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Agree, I thought he was terrible. Static and lazy, culminating in that weird sequence where him and Garner passed the ball to each other around 5 times because neither wanted to take responsibility for doing something with it.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Agree, I thought he was terrible. Static and lazy, culminating in that weird sequence where him and Garner passed the ball to each other around 5 times because neither wanted to take responsibility for doing something with it.
That was so bizarre. A prime example of a player giving him the ball simply because he is Ronaldo.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The sooner Ronaldo leaves, the better for all concerned. He’s a walking circus and we just don’t need that around the club. He’s not even very good anymore. I would swap him for a couple of competent squad players in a heartbeat.

TsuWave

You might want to read my sentence again, yes.
I read your sentence just fine, I just don't think any sane person could infer what you did from that exchange. My point was, Ronaldo is an experienced player and will have his viewpoints when talking to the manager.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The sooner Ronaldo leaves, the better for all concerned. He’s a walking circus and we just don’t need that around the club. He’s not even very good anymore. I would swap him for a couple of competent squad players in a heartbeat.
Now hes not even good anyway. Hahaha

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Jacob

He must've caught the Pogba virus. I was hoping to have a drama free year but Ronaldo picked it up right when Pogba left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.