g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Cristiano Ronaldo image 7

Cristiano Ronaldo Portugal flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

He should not start, he is finished for this level. On a side note, how fricking strong he is it's remarkable, he manhandled Mings like the pussy he is, the twat.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
After witnessing our team's productivity sharply drop when he rejoined us, any new manager should have done anything in their power to keep him away from the pitch. While Ole ultimately proved not to be the right manager to take us to the next level, his issues got exasperated and made even worse with Ronaldo's arrival. The team as a whole became worst and far less productive. We'd scored over 120+ goals the season prior Ronaldo to only scoring 70+ goals after he joined us. That's 50 goals reduction. If I'm a new manager I'm putting a forcefield around the team far away from Ronaldo.

As if an entire season worth of evidence wasn't enough, this season we've played some terrible football, been utterly toothless with Ronaldo upfront yet we still insist on indulging the man just because we're complete imbeciles. The man has already cost us a top spot in the Europa group stage thus adding extra games to an already congested season, now we're allowing him to cost us points in the PL potentially risking top 4. This is infuriating to sit through.

evil_geko

Yeah Ten Hag mate, this is what playing Ronaldo brings you, brings all plans out the door and forces players to only look for him out of some respect, fear, fanboyism, whatever. He has to fecking go.

clarkydaz

All the noise has been that we were open to letting him go in the summer but there were no takers that Ronaldo was willing to accept. Ronaldo will likely accept a much lower level now, but again, which club will be stupid enough to take him off of us? Either way, he's gone in the summer at the latest so whatever.
the narrative was some clubs would take him, but not pay a fee for him. That ties in with the massive standoff at Carrington with Medes and Fergie present. They wanted the club to let him go out of 'respect'

Smores

Yeah Ten Hag mate, this is what playing Ronaldo brings you, brings all plans out the door and forces players to only look for him out of some respect, fear, fanboyism, whatever. He has to fecking go.
I'd like to think Ten Hag is a good enough coach to instil when to actually crowd a ball. If our players are just crossing because they adore Ronaldo thats a bad reflection on the players and the manager

Scottynaldinho

Even though he's been extremely poor. I don't think a decline can be that steep in the space of a season. His finishing seems completely off which should be the last thing he should lose.

Going by the trend, he was starting the season slow even during his spell at Juve and then having a very strong second half of the season.

I'm not making excuses for him not having pre-season as we're in November already and we haven't seen anything from him to suggest that he'll improve. Still, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll have a better second half of the season.

Scottynaldinho

I have a question, does moving away from his current training and leaning more towards yoga and stretching help him at this age?

He seems very stiffened and lacks agility.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even though he's been extremely poor. I don't think a decline can be that steep in the space of a season. His finishing seems completely off which should be the last thing he should lose.

Going by the trend, he was starting the season slow even during his spell at Juve and then having a very strong second half of the season.

I'm not making excuses for him not having pre-season as we're in November already and we haven't seen anything from him to suggest that he'll improve. Still, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll have a better second half of the season.
Ronaldo has never been a clinical finisher. He has always got off his shots early with a lot of power. Secondly, he has always taken a ridiculous number of shots.
He can't get his shots away because he is slow. Defenders simply mark him out of shooting positions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Elanga and Garnacho are wingers too honestly I don't see why they can't play in the wings. Ronaldo is almost 38 yo I don't think it's crazy to have some 18 yo over him in the pecking order. Especially considering he's not only utterly useless but also a huge detriment in how we play.

Again we should agree to disagree then I guess.
It's not crazy for him to be above Ronaldo eventually, but this was his first PL game. He isn't going to be above him in the pecking order when he hasn't played before. And Elanga, who just isn't a good footballer at all, isn't going to be anywhere up in the pecking order. It's really just complaining about Ronaldo, but the alternatives just weren't there. I'd rather play Ronaldo in the hopes he can have a random good performance which is more likely IMO than Elanga doing something good.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It's not crazy for him to be above Ronaldo eventually, but this was his first PL game. He isn't going to be above him in the pecking order when he hasn't played before. And Elanga, who just isn't a good footballer at all, isn't going to be anywhere up in the pecking order. It's really just complaining about Ronaldo, but the alternatives just weren't there. I'd rather play Ronaldo in the hopes he can have a random good performance which is more likely IMO than Elanga doing something good.
Currently Elanga is a better footballer than Ronaldo. Might hurt some fanboy feelings but it's true.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
37 y.o Ronaldo without the finishing is worse than playing McTomminay as CF.
IT'S TIME TO GO.

bosnian_red

Currently Elanga is a better footballer than Ronaldo. Might hurt some fanboy feelings but it's true.
Eh, debatable. Elanga isn't PL level. Ronaldo is the worst striker in the league, but I still would have more hope for him to be more useful than Ronaldo.

At the end of the day, it's not some fecking conspiracy theory playing Ronaldo ahead of Elanga or Garnacho, is my point. The competition is Elanga or Garnacho. So people shouldn't be ridiculous. He's playing due to injuries, not some other bullshit conspiracy.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Eh, debatable. Elanga isn't PL level. Ronaldo is the worst striker in the league, but I still would have more hope for him to be more useful than Ronaldo.

At the end of the day, it's not some fecking conspiracy theory playing Ronaldo ahead of Elanga or Garnacho, is my point. The competition is Elanga or Garnacho. So people shouldn't be ridiculous. He's playing due to injuries, not some other bullshit conspiracy.
If he was playing and being subbed off then sure but you can't tell me since the drama him playing every single minute, not being subbed off even once and even getting the captains armband this past match doesn't stink of playing politics.

Idxomer

His 4th full game in 10 days, it's stupid squad management at least.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I have a question, does moving away from his current training and leaning more towards yoga and stretching help him at this age?

He seems very stiffened and lacks agility.
Probably to some extent, yes.

Whether it would significantly improve his agility to the point where this actually would make a difference at the highest level - well, that's doubtful, I guess.

Giggs (mentioned above) started doing yoga as part of his regime in his late 20s. He undoubtedly benefited greatly from this when he was still playing top level football a decade later - but starting to do it when you're already past it, I dunno: again, it's probably not bad for him in general, but whether it would make any difference to his performances, I'd say probably not.

mshnsh

Ronaldo has never been a clinical finisher. He has always got off his shots early with a lot of power. Secondly, he has always taken a ridiculous number of shots.
He can't get his shots away because he is slow. Defenders simply mark him out of shooting positions.
Agreed. His strategy has always been to shoot the ball towards goal with as much power as possible rather than place them in the corners.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah, that's correct.

People seem to ignore or forget this. He was a fantastic goal scorer because of his versatility as a finisher, his movement and his strength/athleticism, not because he was clinical (his shots-to-goals ratio has never been anything special).

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Usually we play a man down when he plays anyways, but him and VDB out there at the same time is playing with 2 men down.

Back to Ronaldo though: He is absolutely finished. He offers literally nothing. He is completely incapable of playing football at the highest level now. I think he'll not score a single goal at the World Cup either. It's a bit sad seeing him in this state, but I truly hope he doesn't play again for the club. He is offering nothing but negatives at the moment.

His fanboys and stans throughout the media and social media are an absolute embarrassment.
He'll score a trash penalty.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Yup. Teams tactics and development will go nowhere with Ronaldo up top. The gameplan automatically becomes all about him.

Longshanks

When was Ronaldos last good performance? Or perhaps more importantly when did we last play well as a team with Ronaldo in the team?

Doing the same thing constantly expecting a different result is the first sign of madness and that is where we are now with Ronaldo, absolute madness to play him he offers nothing and has a huge negative impact on the teams performance.

Elanga isn't amazing but he at least dosent drag the team down with him.

Last edited:

KeanoMagicHat

Yup. Teams tactics and development will go nowhere with Ronaldo up top. The gameplan automatically becomes all about him.
That's why Ronaldo is worse than other misperforming players for this team, he actively hurts the performances of other players around him too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Shame the manager can't control the players.
Player power is big nowadays. More importantly, it's harder to play though teams because he offers feck all in the buildup dropping deep so our players have less options and find it harder to resist the early cross.

Only way is to drop him and develop the team before adding a better Cf. We shouldn't waste precious time we can use in building our play style and cohesiveness.

Rockets Redglare

I wish the geriatric twat would just feck right off. This season he’s been genuinely worse than Sanchez and Falcao.

bosnian_red

If he was playing and being subbed off then sure but you can't tell me since the drama him playing every single minute, not being subbed off even once and even getting the captains armband this past match doesn't stink of playing politics.
The captaincy is questionable, I'll concede, though my thought is that Ronaldo who has captained us before (last year) is simply the 3rd captain and that didn't change, though it should have changed. But not getting subbed off... Is more due to who would have come on IMO. We just didn't have options to come on. And the Europa League games he plays anyway, it's just the 2 league games that we had no cover anymore.

bosnian_red

When was Ronaldos last good performance? Or perhaps more importantly when did we last play well as a team with Ronaldo in the team?

Doing the same thing constantly expecting a different result is the first sign of madness and that is where we are now with Ronaldo, absolute madness to play him he offers nothing and has a huge negative impact on the teams performance.

Elanga isn't amazing but he at least dosent drag the team down with him.
Ronaldos only good game IMO was against Everton probably. Some decent Europa League games as well, but yeah he's not cut out for the league. The problem is though that Elanga for me is a horrible footballer, so idk. More likely to get use out of Ronaldo's head with a cross than Elanga doing anything.

The point is - he isn't competing with our starting 3 or 4th option. He is competing for option 5, which at the point, doesn't matter much, unless we get a concentrated group of injuries like we have the past 2 weeks.

SAFMUTD

Hopefully that happens in another team.

Can't wait to get rid of him.

Dr Foo

I hope EtH has not caved in to the Ronaldo pressure for choosing to play him in full matches recently, and that he indeed has a plan for the team to utilise Ronaldo better instead of just crosses

Jericho

I guess this is why we don't usually see players keep going until this age. He at 37 he's an old 37. He almost has as many miles on him as Giggs did at 40.

BorisManUtd

We won't finish in top 4 with him and we probably won't finish top 4 unless we get a new striker in January.

Even if Ronaldo was playing good, he's nearly 38 and shouldn't be starting every game like he has for 4 games in a row now. Scored 0 goals in those 4 and other than 1 assist, was mostly poor (especially in front of the goal) in those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.