4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

I guess this is why we don't usually see players keep going until this age. He at 37 he's an old 37. He almost has as many miles on him as Giggs did at 40.
He has already played more football than Giggs did in his whole career. Another problem is that Ronaldo has stripped his game of any attribute that makes him useful apart from goals and that has been going on for years. He isn't a creative passer or a good dribbler and despite having a strong physique, he's very weak in holding any player off the ball. His game has been useful only for growing his individual stats the minute he left Madrid who created the perfect team for him.

djembatheking

It is not a straight swap bringing Elanga in for Ronaldo so I don`t get the comments that Elanga is shit, championship level player and so on. By playing Elanga we put Rashford down the middle and Elanga on the right which enables far better pressing, counter attacking, high tempo football. The opposition goalie is an easy out ball for defenders when Ronaldo plays as he gets time on the ball even if he only ends up hoofing it long it still gives the opposition time to reset. With Rashford playing the opposition goalie has to be a bit more on his toes as Rashford is far more likely to charge him down and make him flap a bit. It is a whole different mindset and not about Elangas individual talent but more the energy each player brings to the team.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
So sad to see, but he's done at the top level. I think at this stage of the season, given his performances, it's pretty clear that physically he has dropped several levels - even since last season. You can see that his brain is still the genius brain of old, but the body just can't keep up. We absolutely should be looking to sign a striker in January - we will struggle for goals all season if not.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That chance he had with the header. Peak Ronaldo would've placed his header better, or composed himself and taken it down and finished it. He's old and slow, and the whole drama around him has contributed to him not being the efficient scorer he was.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hopefully 1 week left and he never plays for the club again.

Couldn't care less tbh.

Trex

When he eventually leaves I doubt he'll get a club in Europe.
He'll need to reduce his wages to what the average footballer earns (I don't mean average EPL footballer, average as in Portuguese league top earners level) and also accept playing at a significantly lesser level to get a club.
I'm not sure his ego can take that, don't be surprise if he quits the game come this summer!

Saffron

He'll need to reduce his wages to what the average footballer earns (I don't mean average EPL footballer, average as in Portuguese league top earners level) and also accept playing at a significantly lesser level to get a club.
I'm not sure his ego can take that, don't be surprise if he quits the game come this summer!
Only if Messi goes to Inter Miami. Otherwise his ego can’t handle getting his CL record broken. He’ll sign for BK Häcken if he has to as long as Messi is still playing in Europe.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Ok I don't want to come across as some kind of tinfoiled covered conspiracy theorist but if Ronaldo isn't being indulged.. Why in the hell did he take that freekick outside the box?

I'm not a United fan but if I was I would have been screaming at my Television.

Greck

That's why he probably won't leave tbh. Ronaldo simply doesn't appreciate we're the only club affording him these perks. In the summer he was coming off a period of very good form and everyone swerved the guy like he was herpes, In january everyone would have seen him be a detriment on the pitch and be a distraction off it. Ronaldo's value right now might be even be lower than a summer no one wanted him. Simply put Ronaldo has to buy in more than we need to sell him.

Possible domino effect is no striker in january as it's asking for a massive tantrum when everyone is fit. All of the drama we just had was because of Ronaldo being treated in the same way any rational manager would treat a 2nd choice striker. You have a backup striker that thinks he is too big to play backup minutes.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
United’s version of Falcao was better than this.

Gazza

If he manages the full season with us, he’ll have spent 8 seasons with us, only three fewer than he spent in Madrid. I think he’s gonna try to stay long enough to have a testimonial.

white text

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I have the same feelings watching Ronaldo that I did watching my old dog crawl around with brain cancer. I just want to put the motherfecker out of his misery.

Chairman Steve

If by some absolute long shot that Portugal win the World Cup, he should just call it a day from playing the second that final whistle goes.

Go out on a high like your football mentor did almost a decade ago, winning everything there is to win and denying a certain Argentinian the chance of winning it too.

Telsim

I really don't like coming to a thread of a player who didn't feature, but honestly it's unreal how much we lose in attack when he is on the field. Players seem to play more for each other than all for Ronaldo. And press more also.

Idxomer

I really don't like coming to a thread of a player who didn't feature, but honestly it's unreal how much we lose in attack when he is on the field. Players seem to play more for each other than all for Ronaldo. And press more also.
The pressing is the most obvious difference.

They were playing like shit in the 1st half but collectively they pressed well.

djembatheking

The difference is massive, we have so many more options, much more movement, players closing down and pressing from the front and everyone works for each other.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Tonight showed why Ronaldo is a waste of space.

Martial dropped off, drifted, linked up play and got involved in the game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If you can't see that were are more fluid and dynamic on and off the ball when he doesn't play, then there is no hope for you.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Did he pick up a knock? Was he honestly rested? Worked wonders for our attacking game.

Renegade

Did he pick up a knock? Was he honestly rested? Worked wonders for our attacking game.
He bullied ETH and the club to ensure he got his pre World Cup minutes in and now the his “ill” the week before the World Cup starts. I’d be surprised if his illness clears up for Fulham game. What do you think?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He is "ill".
Apparently ill.
Cheers.

He bullied ETH and the club to ensure he got his pre World Cup minutes in and now the his “ill” the week before the World Cup starts. I’d be surprised if his illness clears up for Fulham game. What do you think?
I'd appreciate it if we get to see a team sans Ronaldo this weekend. Maybe the club should publicly say he's available for free in January as soon as the World Cup starts. Offer him a similar cloud to the one he provided this summer. Anyhow, he has to be shipped out.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Have we played well with him on the pitch this season?
Not at all. There was a stat shown on Sky(during the Chelsea game) which showed that we nearly score thrice as much without Ronaldo than with this season.

What's appalling is that Ronaldo dragging us down is so obvious yet the media don't want to bring it up and instead talk about his goals last season. The season before Ronaldo returned(the 2020/2021 season) we scored 121 goals in all competitions. Last season we scored 70 goals in all competitions. That's a decrease of 51 goals, that's how insane the drop in output was for us. His negative influence to our output and end product continued this season where we score nearly 3 times as much without him.

Yet we're still indulging him.

Kaos

I couldn't give a feck if he was genuinely ill or not. For all I care he can take the next week off to prepare for the world cup. We're just a much better team without him. With Martial back and hopefully staying healthy and Rashford back to his best, there's honestly no reason with stinking the attack up to help PR7 stat pad.

Djemba-Djemba

Have we played well with him on the pitch this season?
I think we played pretty well for about 30 mins against Everton after he came on, he scored that good goal and we were in control.

That's it, every other time he's been on the pitch this season we've looked sloppy and disjointed.

We don't attack as well as we did 2nd half and score 4 goals if Ronaldo is on the pitch. Simple as that.

AJ VII

I hope he is on a plane to WC camp or something so we dont have to see him on sunday. Surely he cant risk getting injured the week before his big objective this season.

We play as a team as soon as he is not on the pitch for us. Got sick to my stomach watching Shaw lump hopeless crosses towards him the whole game last sunday.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's only to be expected. He only really operates in that tiny space (that short burst to time his run and lactch on to the cross etc) which allows him to get a goal. In every other area - pressing, dropping deep, link up play, dribbling etc he is poor. Its essentially like playing with 10.1 men in most phases of play.

And even that one thing that he excels at isn't that good anymore considering his physical decline. We're shooting ourselves in the foot whenever we start him unless the opponent is absolutely terrible or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.