Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think he and his agent set him up to fail massively, missing pre-season was massive, especially at 38 and in a completely new & demanding system.
Absolutely braindead move.
This. He's paying the price for it now. But when you think you are the GOAT you expect the coach's system to bend for you.
But knowing the Caf -- next season, when he scores 60 goals in some farmer's league then everyone will be claiming that we should have kept him and even extended his contract for another five years.

criticalanalysis

No I completely understand your point. The current Ronaldo is a very limited player. The reason you used Giroud is probably because it's hard to find a similar profile of player to Ronaldo that currently plays for a top team.
Yeah exactly that. To be honest, I do think quite a bit of his hard work (for him) and intelligence is undone by the inconsistency of our team. I may be remembering wrong but I think he ran perfectly into the penalty box in the first half for a cross which Bruno overhit, he also played the pass to Bruno, who played in Rashford for the one-on-one on his left foot and he also played the pass for Antony's chance in the second half.

When he's not forcing it, he has incredible knack of doing the right things at the right moment. If these were finished off, his overall contributions would be rated higher but that is the harsh reality of the game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
And last year he was 36-37 and the third highest scorer in the league playing for a dysfunctional team. Something is not right somewhere.
Last year he looked like this for half the season. He finished the season strongly, and started well, but looked like he needed to retire for half the season. A year is a long time at his age.

MrEleson

I’m sure @MrEleson will be along soon to tell us we’re all deluded and Madrid legend Ronnie was unplayable as usual
I don’t understand the purpose of you tagging me here. What you wrote wasn’t even a funny take.

Yeah I defend him but I never have any extreme opinions about his performances. Usually I call it as it is. Can’t say the same about the rest in this toxic thread.

KeanoMagicHat

And last year he was 36-37 and the third highest scorer in the league playing for a dysfunctional team. Something is not right somewhere.
His overall game was poor last season, he’s been in general decline since his last season at Juventus. This is just the tail end of the decline.

And you can’t separate him from the dysfunctional team last season, he was a big reason why it was dysfunctional.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He and Rashford are forwards who reluctance to do any physical battle. Unfortunately both are ours.

CM

Can anyone even make a serious argument for keeping him at this point? Ronaldo may as well have not been on the pitch last night.

redcucumber

If we still had an Ole/Rangnick standard of manager in charge, in which there was no discernible plan or play style, the team would likely default to spamming balls into Ronaldo and he'd inevitably get decent numbers. It would be at the detriment of the rest of the team, though, and would be shite as anything to watch.

One thing that I found weird with him last night, was that he didn't make any attempt to get on the end of crosses or balls into him. Eriksen played a relatively floated ball into Ronaldo's area, and he made literally zero effort to get to it. It was weird to watch and happened a couple of times.

redcucumber

I don’t understand the purpose of you tagging me here. What you wrote wasn’t even a funny take.

Yeah I defend him but I never have any extreme opinions about his performances. Usually I call it as it is. Can’t say the same about the rest in this toxic thread.
Have many of the posts commenting on his performance from last night been noticeably toxic? They all seem fairly reasonable to me.

GreatDane

Would we really be worse off attempting to blood in Charlie McNeill when Martial is injured at this point?
Ronaldo offers nothing, McNeill would at least make runs.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I feel he is only truly alive in the game if we can find him with a pin point cross. He does close down players from the front but I don't think he has it in him to exert too much in build up play anymore.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Not seen anyone else ask this, why does he appeal for offside against us?
He was accused of this at Real too.

It's obviously nonsense, though. He's raising his right arm in celebration of the goal, and then looks at the linesman to make sure the flag stays down.

GreatDane

Finished. Has to be shipped out in January.
I agree. But what club looks at him now and wants him? Especially considering his wages.
Seen talks about Miami, hope Becks comes through for us and finds the money for him.

Remember the geese

Would we really be worse off attempting to blood in Charlie McNeill when Martial is injured at this point?
Ronaldo offers nothing, McNeill would at least make runs.
I think that Charlie McNeill is overhyped by the part of the fanbase who don't watch the youth team. Much like Chong was, it is assumed that he is some sort of wonderkid coming through, when the reality is different.

saivet

With Martial always injured, ETH needs to make a decision between Rashford no.9 or Ronaldo. Neither are ideal but it's hard to think Ronaldo should keep starting.

mctrials23

With Martial always injured, ETH needs to make a decision between Rashford no.9 or Ronaldo. Neither are ideal but it's hard to think Ronaldo should keep starting.
We need to sack off Ronaldo and Bring in a new one. Rashford isn't close to being a CF.

Honestly, someone like Jesus would have been perfect. Very much in the mould of Martial but not horrendously injury prone. We've seen how much we miss Martial in the few fleeting minutes he has been fit.

Ronaldo is done. He did my head in last night with the crappy flicks and complete lack of anything of substance.

Shai-Hulud

We need to sack off Ronaldo and Bring in a new one. Rashford isn't close to being a CF.

Honestly, someone like Jesus would have been perfect. Very much in the mould of Martial but not horrendously injury prone. We've seen how much we miss Martial in the few fleeting minutes he has been fit.

Ronaldo is done. He did my head in last night with the crappy flicks and complete lack of anything of substance.
Agree. Jesus would have been a great buy.

saivet

I agree but until January, if Marital isn't consistently fit we need an alternative.

GreatDane

I think that Charlie McNeill is overhyped by the part of the fanbase who don't watch the youth team. Much like Chong was, it is assumed that he is some sort of wonderkid coming through, when the reality is different.
You might be right, but he can't be worse that what we got at the moment surely. At least he would make an effort.

mctrials23

Agree. Jesus would have been a great buy.
Not gonna lie, if we had bought him I would have been disappointed. Didn't rate him that much at City. Hes shown his quality at Arsenal though. Top player and an absolute steal at £45m.

He'll be a great finisher until the day he dies, but every other aspect of his game has gone now. He will always know where to be for the easy goals but we are a worse team whenever he plays. Last night we looked so disjointed in attack, it was easy for them to defend in numbers.

Rashford, Maguire and McTominay are much the same. We might use them all successfully in some specific role, but overall they make the team worse.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He'll be a great finisher until the day he dies, but every other aspect of his game has gone now. He will always know where to be for the easy goals but we are a worse team whenever he plays. Last night we looked so disjointed in attack, it was easy for them to defend in numbers.

Rashford, Maguire and McTominay are much the same. We might use them all successfully in some specific role, but overall they make the team worse.
Depressingly, his finishing and movement in the box seem to have declined just as rapidly as all his other skills. One on one he’s still decent enough but it looks as though his reactions are so far gone he’s shanking drilled crosses that he would have been slotting with ease in years gone by, plus you just don’t see him scoring goal poacher goals any more.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
the team would likely default to spamming balls into Ronaldo and he'd inevitably get decent numbers.
My point is that his finishing, movement and killer instinct are gone … no amount of trying to get him assistance would work this season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
My point is that his finishing, movement and killer instinct are gone … no amount of trying to get him assistance would work this season.
I disagree with this.

Ronaldo can play in a team that utelise him as their main and only attacking threat. This is what happened under Ole last season where we went from a counter attacking team to a team that only ever built for Ronaldo.

This season all of that has stopped and we are playing more in way of a possession team or even at times as a counter attacking team - either way, Ronaldo is not being the Centre of our main attacking threat.

He is trying to play possesion football rather than United trying to play football for Ronaldo.

That’s why he is struggling.

KeanoMagicHat

I disagree with this.

Ronaldo can play in a team that utelise him as their main and only attacking threat. This is what happened under Ole last season where we went from a counter attacking team to a team that only ever built for Ronaldo.

This season all of that has stopped and we are playing more in way of a possession team or even at times as a counter attacking team - either way, Ronaldo is not being the Centre of our main attacking threat.

He is trying to play possesion football rather than United trying to play football for Ronaldo.

That’s why he is struggling.
And that’s why Ronaldo is leaking stories in the press in a desperate attempt to try to get Ten Hag to change his tactics for Ronaldo’s benefit, even if the team would suffer as a result.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Ronaldo can play in a team that utelise him as their main and only attacking threat.
But this can be said for any striker in the world ... Scamacca/Toney/Welbeck/Jimenez would all obviously score more if each and every attack phase went through them only. Why are United paying £360k/week for this?
This season all of that has stopped and we are playing more in way of
Last season if Ole/RR were playing to Ronaldo's strengths then Dalot and an attacking LB would have been starters in the team so that he would receive a constant supply of aerial balls to head or low crosses/cutbacks to run onto. United, especially after Ole, did not play to Ronaldo's strengths. Ronaldo achieved despite his coaches and players.
But my point is that this season, even a Ronaldo-centric game would not have bought the best out of him. 2 goals in 11 games is a serious issue that goes beyond missing preseason. On a personal note - how can I irritate Messi’s fanboys if Ronaldo is not scoring?

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
How can he have dropped off this bad? Worse than Ronaldinho’s drop off.
The guy is 37 with a lot of miles on the clock. He has stayed fit his whole career racking up a ginormous number of goals and appearances.

Ronaldinho was a dreadful drop off in comparison.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Only Utd would be caught paying this guy league record wages at this stage in his career with his current ability and lack of dynamism.
Obviously, yes.

(Some believe City would have taken him and offered him a big contract, maybe they're right, I doubt it myself - but whatever).

Anyway, IF (that's a joke of an "if", sadly) United had been a well run football club, we...well, we wouldn't have brought him back at all.

But IF we regarded him as a) commercially attractive/good for the "brand" and b) possibly somewhat effective (still) as an actual player, we could have offered him some kind of pay-as-you-play deal. Not unreasonable at all given his age. Definitely NOT a standard contract making him the best paid player in England (as per basic salary).

(He wouldn't have wanted that - but whatever, that is what we should have offered him IF...and so forth.)

Glorio

I agree but until January, if Marital isn't consistently fit we need an alternative.
We desperately need an alternative - period. The drop off from Martial (incredible isn't it :lol: ) is too steep.

tariqo

Supports
barcelona
Why is it difficult to kick him out of the club even for free since no big team want him !!!

he left us in 2009 for his dream team as he said & he always says real madrid is his team

He just using our club like what i said for more publicity & it’s sad to see some fans rank him in top 5 higher than Rooney !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.