Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Yeah would rather see him at LB, cos it will mean that Rojo can stay at LCB (dont think we should play around with our CBs too much and shuffle people around across the line).

His best performances for United seem to have been at LB. He did decent at CB but then im not sure how much that was because of the negative approach we took to protect the defence.
DM he was good when we play 442 diamond but that didnt last long.

Rossa

Thought he was poor. Rojo didn't give them anything defensively, although not much in attack either. When Blind came on they got much more joy down that left side. It annoys me how much he just stands there not doing anything when the ball is around him.

I think he has regressed massively this season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
SHould have gotten an assist if Mata could convert that 1 on 1 with the keeper. Not his best game defensively but his vision is still phenomenal. He should get a few games as the defensive midfielder if left back is not his forte.

Rossa

SHould have gotten an assist if Mata could convert that 1 on 1 with the keeper. Not his best game defensively but his vision is still phenomenal. He should get a few games as the defensive midfielder if left back is not his forte.
His passing is great in and around the midfield line, but his defending has regressed.

prath92

Thought he was poor. Rojo didn't give them anything defensively, although not much in attack either. When Blind came on they got much more joy down that left side. It annoys me how much he just stands there not doing anything when the ball is around him.

I think he has regressed massively this season.
there was the one mahrez chance which he crossed to ddg. cant remember any other attack down that side. Most attacks iirc was through their left

Roboc7

Was always going to be one of the biggest losers post LVG, the slow, safe and rigid style of play suits blind perfectly. In the modern game a full back needs to be able to cover a lot more ground, i don't think he should even be a second choice lb, same goes for darmian and Rojo but I hope he stays as a utility player.

Janson

So there goes Dante's theory of Blind always needing someone defensive ahead of him or Fellaini in midfield. But at the same time it could be a concern today.

Minimalist

We always look better going forward with him at left back compared to the rest. For now I just wish we'd use him until we get a better option. Or until Shaw sorts himself out.

Rossa

He's been good, but Niang realized he can just run past him. Twice that has happened and one could easily have resulted in a goal. He's just too weak and slow one on one.

prath92

He's been good, but Niang realized he can just run past him. Twice that has happened and one could easily have resulted in a goal. He's just too weak and slow one on one.
Niang (and capoue) has been trying that all game but succeeded twice.

The United

Well, his off ball movements on the down left was very good. And, when he was given the ball with his runs, he was very threatening.

He was a bit shaky with defending though as some pointed out.

Minimalist

He got minced a bit in the second half near the end but still much more effective for support play than are other choices.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was poor. His lack of power and pace hurt him today, Pogba and Martial had to cover for him. Didn't think he offered much going forward either, but I'm being harsh

The United

Thought he was poor. His lack of power and pace hurt him today, Pogba and Martial had to cover for him. Didn't think he offered much going forward either, but I'm being harsh
Lol did you watch the first half?

And the left winger and left side midfield had to cover for LB? Shocker, I know.

prath92

And one more try. It doesn't help with intelligence and technique when he knows what the attacker wants to do and can't do anything with it time and time again. People say he doesn't struggle with pace...
he also had tons of interceptions and tackles that he won. most fullbacks would have 2-3 situations in a match where they would get done by the winger. its quite common. even guys like bellerin who is incredibly fast was roasted by memphis last season when we played them.

lopiop

Shame he lacks recovery pace that most fullbacks (rose, walker, clyne) have, cause he definitely has more nuanced in his passing and positioning compared to them.

lawliet354

Great first half, not so good second half, after Niang beat him once, Niang got more confidence and Blind just got scared everytime Niang tried to dribble past him

His passing and positioning is still much better than Shaw though

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Lol did you watch the first half?

And the left winger and left side midfield had to cover for LB? Shocker, I know.
Did I miss a through pass or a cross he put in? Niang had him second half, he couldn't get near him.

I rate Blind, I just think he's better than this

Sylar

He did well, but I think ultimately hes not a long term first choice LB for us.

Rossa

he also had tons of interceptions and tackles that he won. most fullbacks would have 2-3 situations in a match where they would get done by the winger. its quite common. even guys like bellerin who is incredibly fast was roasted by memphis last season when we played them.
He was good for the first 60 minutes with decent passing and some good interceptions, but once they started pressing he looked like he broke down. When we are controlling the game he is very good. When we are pressed he is a liability and our worst defender. He really struggles one on one.

Devil may care

He was good for the first 60 minutes with decent passing and some good interceptions, but once they started pressing he looked like he broke down. When we are controlling the game he is very good. When we are pressed he is a liability and our worst defender. He really struggles one on one.
I think that's a fair summation of his game today, which was his best for a while.

marlowe78

I think he's a very good player but I don't see a place for him in the team the next few seasons. Jose likes strong, high-intensity players which Blind simply isn't. As our team play improves, he seems to be getting left farther behind in the pecking order. Slow, limited strength, not all that rangy. Although, if Darmian stays on the team, he will always look better than someone else.

m1y2

he is not a leftback, period, we should try him in the CDM though, I think he wouldnt be that bad as a rotation option like old carrick, he adjusted pretty well to the cb role so I think he could fit into that CDM role he played earlier, the question would be how standout passer he would come out as as he wouldnt have that much time there but other mourinho it could be a different story, he just doesnt seem to like him..

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
he is not a leftback, period, we should try him in the CDM though, I think he wouldnt be that bad as a rotation option like old carrick, he adjusted pretty well to the cb role so I think he could fit into that CDM role he played earlier, the question would be how standout passer he would come out as as he wouldnt have that much time there but other mourinho it could be a different story, he just doesnt seem to like him..
Think Jose see's his deficiencies I personally would prefer to see Bastian get game time there. But then if we are keeping Blind long term I would understand playing him there to gage his ability to do the job.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I think he's a very good player but I don't see a place for him in the team the next few seasons. Jose likes strong, high-intensity players which Blind simply isn't. As our team play improves, he seems to be getting left farther behind in the pecking order. Slow, limited strength, not all that rangy. Although, if Darmian stays on the team, he will always look better than someone else.
Agree completely.

Ixion

Out of position a couple of times but very positive overall, should have had an assist for Pogba's header. He has his weaknesses but I think he's offered more in that LB position than Shaw or Darmian.

Status
Not open for further replies.