Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkey

I really dislike Blind .. but to blame him for the goal there is ludicrous and baffling. How about Shaw playing them all onside initially?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He is literally the last one to blame for that goal, all three other defenders defender worse than him there.
Agreed. He's the only defender that moves to do something with the ball in both phases of play. The scapegoating already is harsh. People seem to want our best defender last year to fail. It's weird to me.

1:1 Hanni

ti vu

I really dislike Blind .. but to blame him for the goal there is ludicrous and baffling. How about Shaw playing them all onside initially?
That would belong to his own thread. He's quite sloppy too. Here is about the clear drop in quality from Rojo to back up. It's humongous. Feel like the team is completely different.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was quite blantantly behind the play. The fault is his.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's being a bit unfairly singled out for that goal. A lot of people made mistakes including Shaw, Carrick and Pogba. Apart from him, that is.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He made a poor clearance and then played them all onside.
Fair enough, but I am not sure any of them were any better. Pretty sure Shaw played them first onside, and during that mess all our defenders just stood there watching Blind against two players without even trying do help.

mu4c_20le

Like a reverse Rojo, he just can't hack it at CB unless we are all over our opposition and al he has to do is anticipate high balls.

Vilev

He is awful as a CB in Jose's system. I think Carrick is a better makeshift.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He's being a bit unfairly singled out for that goal. A lot of people made mistakes including Shaw, Carrick and Pogba. Apart from him, that is.
Exactly.

The second he came on he was guaranteed to become our scapegoat. The whole team has been poor, no point singling out one player.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rustier than an old fence.

ti vu

Fair in hindsight offside trap was better, but the same holds for Shaw playing onside in the first case, and none of the defenders helping after the ball clashed the bar. Singling him out is baffling.
Did you even watch the game? Shaw & Carrick when the shot rebound raised their hands for offside, which is our defensive tactic: pushing the whole defense up pressing the shooter when trying to block a shot from deep. This is our defense tactic, watch every other games, it's the same when blocking the shot. Blind played them on. The other players were confused at what happened how Anderlect players were onside. It's quite a distance to cover from where they were to where the action one the ball rebound too. Good luck to cover that much distance in football game especially your well drilled tactic was betrayed

Shaw would get his hammer in his own thread. He's all over the place. Here Blind completely changed the game against us. Rojo can cover for Shaw's sloppiness. Blind brought on his own problem and expose our left side even more.

Before this goal, another one when he's out of position and Anderlect player ran through his zone. Just now he's out of position & Hanni again could do some more damage.

JoaquinJoaquin

He is likely to be moved on in Summer and games like today prove why. He isn't very good at CB, is too slow to play DM and passable at LB.

3KDré

He's been absolutely dreadful. Positioning is the worst in our team.

Home&Away

Clearly out of practice playing at CB. Nearly been a whole season since playing there and no sense of partnership with bailey. I'm sure he will regain some composure if he gets a chance.

With all the negatives though - I have seen a slight improvement in the tempo of attack down the left hand side. Possible time for Martial?

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Did you even watch the game? Shaw & Carrick when the shot rebound raised their hands for offside, which tactic, push the whole defense up when trying to block a shot from deep. This is our defense tactic, watch every other games, it's the same when blocking the shot. Blind played them on

Shaw would get his hammer in his own thread. He's all over the place. Here Blind completely changed the game against us. Rojo can cover for Shaw's sloppiness. Blind brought on his own problem and expose our left side even more.

Before this goal, another one when he's out of position and Anderlect player ran through his zone. Just now he's out of position & Hanni again could do some more damage.
Clearly you havent, before the cross that led to this, Shaw played them onside. Yet you cant seem to talk about that. It's ckear singling out. Okay, Blind played them onside, stupid, fair, but not helping when is 2 vs 1 is tactic? Thats ridiculous.

ti vu

Clearly you havent, before the cross that led to this, Shaw played them onside. Yet you cant seem to talk about that. It's ckear singling out. Okay, Blind played them onside, stupid, fair, but not helping when is 2 vs 1 is tactic? Thats ridiculous.
Did you even read? Did I say Shaw is flawless. He would get his own shite served later. Here I am talking about CB who can clean up this shite for fullback. I bet my house on good CB wouldn't do this like Blind who I said without hindsight in early game this season that he tends to positioning weirdly. Go check

Tactic is push the defense line to pressure the shooter. Should be a perfect offside trap for the rebound. If you can't understand something that simple, then no point for further.

How far the distance to recover to the rebound? Someone who play football would know it's no hope. Watch it full speed. It happened very quick when other players clearly confused how offside trap was broken.

NK86

From the first angle, looked like Shaw wasn't playing the opponent onside. May need to see it again. Although even after the rebound the goal scorer was offside as the ball first went to rhe other Anderlecht player.

Sammyjunn

Did you even read? Did I say Shaw is flawless. He would get his own shite served later. Here I am talking about CB who can clean up this shite for fullback. I bet my house on good CB wouldn't do this like Blind who I said without hindsight in early game this season that he tends to positioning weirdly. Go check
Look Blind might have made a mistake, cool, but there was so many players more making mistakes in that goal. To single him out seems a bit weird to me.

dirkey

From the first angle, looked like Shaw wasn't playing the opponent onside. May need to see it again. Although even after the rebound the goal scorer was offside as the ball first went to rhe other Anderlecht player.
No-one was offside at any point.

Sammyjunn

Not when shot but prior to the cross which Blind "cleared" but Anderlecht regained the ball from. Blind probably should have played them offside, but it is baffling how the others offered no help when he was 2 vs 1. Mind, our entire backline has been very dodgy today.

ti vu

Look Blind might have made a mistake, cool, but there was so many players more making mistakes in that goal. To single him out seems a bit weird to me.
Dude, can you understand that a good CB can clean that mess up?

Shaw Pogba Carrick, Rashford... you name it make countless mistake before & in other games too. They will definitely get the stick they deserved. Big difference majority of other time is it got fixed by the left sided CB. Blind came on not only the goal, the whole defense system is broken down.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Player them onside again. Valencia saves his ass.
Well that was Blind's special tbf, he was constantly doing it under van Gaal, and people kept praising him for his intelligence for some reason.

Sammyjunn

Dude, can you understand that a good CB can clean that mess up?

Shaw Pogba Carrick, Rashford... you name it make countless mistake before & in other games too. They will definitely get the stick they deserved. Big difference majority of other time is it got fixed by the left sided CB. Blind came on not only the goal, the whole defense system is broken down.
Think thats bollocks, the ball fell to their player, they were 2 vs 1, he isnt Beckenbauer no. And we were dodgy in defence before he came on, Bailly was very shaky all the time. This is getting agenda driven, he is our worst CB but blaming/singling out is unfair imo. Should have played onside, but after he didnt, the others should recovered, they didnt. So no he doesnt entirely deserve the blame imo.

ti vu

Think thats bollocks, the ball fell to their player, they were 2 vs 1, he isnt Beckenbauer no. And we were dodgy in defence before he came on, Bailly was very shaky all the time. This is getting agenda driven, he is our worst CB but blaming/singling out is unfair imo. Should have played onside, but after he didnt, the others should recovered, they didnt. So no he doesnt entirely deserve the blame imo.
Do you even understand offside trap? :houllier:

Do you realize how far the pushed up defens line was when how fast the situation is? The tactic (offside trap, pressuring shooter) is there for situation like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.