g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

Seven Seas Sardines

"I'd like to play my football like Chelsea played today, I thought some of their football at times was stunning. I hope in time that my team here at West Ham will play in a good fashion like they did."

Whoring himself out to Abramovich? Even when they win and the opponents are dire, it's all about aspiring to be like the opposition!

Paul_Scholes18

Big win for him. Long way to go, but looks like he is getting a bit of momentum with this win. He got some players suited to his style as well since they got quite a lot of power and pace in the team. The big question is if he will mentally feck the squad up over time and make them all want him gone although that might take time.

stevoc

@stevoc
Tell me it's a pisstake and he never actually said that, otherwise I'm lost of words.
I'm paraphrasing a little but yeah he really said similar when Sociedad beat Barca.

Beating Barcelona, I hope that’s a message,’ he says. ‘I hope it says, “This is what he can do, this is where David Moyes works and he’s done it with a side which wouldn’t be expected to do it”. Maybe that’s the reason I got the United job, because I won a lot of games at Everton that we weren’t expected to.

James Peril

What a fecking guy, his interview is all about him, not the team/us/we. Incredible. «I knew I had a real tough list of fixtures»...what about mentioning the club you absolute loser.

Dobbs

What a fecking guy, his interview is all about him, not the team/us/we. Incredible. «I knew I had a real tough list of fixtures»...what about mentioning the club you absolute loser.
I saw his post match interview with Sky and all he did was praise the players and the team. No mention of himself.

Which interview did you see where he didn't mention the club or players?

championo

Top Stalker
He couldn't wait to pipe up about United again, could he? Someone should tell him, give it a rest David, while there is a thaw in the hostility and everyone is thinking good things of you...
What are you on about? I hope you are not referring to the quote above your post. He has not said that. He said something like that when he was in Spain and beat Barca. The post above you was going for some sort of parody.

redshaw

:lol: His three (only?) highlights that season were the Community Shield, the 4-1 win away to Swansea on opening day (I remember the optimism after that match, so very strange in retrospect) and the 3-0 win over Olympiakos at OT to go through to the CL quarter-finals.
How can people forget o̶u̶r̶ Moyes' 5-0 demolition of Bayer Leverkusen away in the Champions League?

This will surely be high up the grave stone

galwayfa

He will make them hard to beat, not nice but will pick up points. People need to move on from his time here

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
I think he’s a terrible manager but he shouldn’t be getting club after club relegated either.
I think he should. He managed a few decent draws with Sunderland last season. This West Ham win is the equivalent of that, a one off.

The combination of West Ham finally getting relegated and David Moyes taking them down that path, wankalicous

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Nah, he doesn't get *enough* bashing on here.

If in doubt, read his latest comments..
He's a nothing guy. feck what he says. He's an idiot, but aren't we all?

As for his managerial credentials, he's far from a terrible manager. Sunderland are still fecking shit and it wasn't his fault. I think he's found his level with this, sort of, mediocre West Ham team and I think he'll keep them up.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
He's a nothing guy. feck what he says. He's an idiot, but aren't we all?

As for his managerial credentials, he's far from a terrible manager. Sunderland are still fecking shit and it wasn't his fault. I think he's found his level with this, sort of, mediocre West Ham team and I think he'll keep them up.
Moyes managed to finally relegate Sunderland, after spending a fair amount of money on absolute piss players...It's fine that they were hardly mid table candidates when he took over, but he made them even worse.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Moyes managed to finally relegate Sunderland, after spending a fair amount of money on absolute piss players...It's fine that they were hardly mid table candidates when he took over, but he made them even worse.
17th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 20th. They were floating above the relegation zone for 4 seasons before he was appointed manager. Look at them now, the Championship isn't even their level. They're a shit side and have been for nearly 20 years.

haram

Sunderland were doomed. Look at them now in the Championship.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
17th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 20th. They were floating above the relegation zone for 4 seasons before he was appointed manager. Look at them now, the Championship isn't even their level. They're a shit side and have been for nearly 20 years.
The point's already been made. They were toying with relegation for 4 years, but didn't go down, Moyes finally completed the job, and in some style.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

'People are looking for reasons why we are not doing well but it is only because we have not been playing well.'

Haters gonna hate.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Vangle laid the foundations though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Did well in last 3 games. Lost in the last mins against City, Won against Chelsea and drew against Arsenal. That's a among the cruelest set of fixtures team can get in PL.

stubie

West Ham fans can put their cocks away

He’s still taking them down

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
If these results are anything to go by, they'll survive with relative ease
Nah he is just teasing. I think he won 3 or 4 in a row with Sunderland and then they won feck all till the end of the season and went down. I totally expect him to lose all of the easy games when he needs to play football.

That said it's West Ham, they should have never been in that position anyway. It's the same with Sociedad when people started giving him praise for not relegating them when they should have never been anywhere close to that anyway. But well done Moyes, finally a good contribution to our team.

el3mel

Well, he's doing a very good job so far tbh. Still will get relegated anyway.