4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndySmith1990

My favorite thing about him is he doesn't even turn and look forward when receiving the ball. Just passes it back to the guy he received it from.

Passback Donny
It's typical of a talentless spoofer who finds themselves out of their depth. Just resorts to playing super safe short balls in an attempt to make it look like he's getting involved and doing something. Any fecker from the lower leagues could fill the same role

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's worse physically than Mata was.

I'd say he runs around like a 10 year old kid playing with his dad and dad's mates but he doesn't even run.

Trex

This guy is absolutely pointless, he's just a second referee in red shirt.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Why the hell was he signed? Has to be some money laundering scheme.
He had better stats than Antony at Ajax and you can see how much Antony was signed for.

Issue being that Antony's game is about doing things with the ball, something that can be used in basically every team in the world, Van de Beek's game is without the ball, he's supposedly to be a 3rd man in the shadow that always makes the right decision in a quick way.

He's a player that excels at being invisible, that's something that creates obvious problems when he can't be involved and his teammates don't trust him enoguh (with reason at this point). It's like his superpower is seeing in the dark and then you put him 24/7 in a room with light, he stops being special.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a nothing footballer. He had to get a chance at some point, worked out with Bruno being suspended and him getting fit now, but yeah. Nothing footballer and he'll be shipped out before too long IMO.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Him and AWB are competing for third place worst signings of the decade after Sanchez and Pogba.
Van De Beek is the number 1 worst signing in United history.

Pogba is miles ahead, he was great once upon a time. AWB had good periods, Sanchez has slightly good spells, Newcastle comeback comes to mind.

Donny has done absolutely nothing.

Telsim

Van De Beek is the number 1 worst signing in United history.

Pogba is miles ahead, he was great once upon a time. AWB had good periods, Sanchez has slightly good spells, Newcastle comeback comes to mind.

Donny has done absolutely nothing.
Nah, the consequences of Sanchez and Pogba extend well beyond the pitch, which puts them firmly at the top. Sanchez completely wrecked the wage structure of the club while doing next to nothing, and Pogba was a record breaking fee at the time and also on obscene wages. VdB and AWB fall into the pointless transfers category.

Bole Top

he might be the worst player I've ever seen at this point. he's actually terrified of being involved in the game. that's why he's often pointing, to let defenders know where's he's going and let them close him down so his teammates won't pass him the ball - which means he won't get the chance to ruin anything.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Every player needs a few consecutive games to get into a rhythm. I really don’t think enough posters on here understand that coming in for two games and taking the game by the scruff of the neck is the exception to the rule. I still don’t think he’ll ever be good enough or what we need though. His loan at Everton showed that he’s an average PL player who might eventually get better but we can’t carry average for years in the hope they might contribute some day. We need to move him on and reinvest while he still has worth,

The United

My favourite Donny moment was when he came back from an offside position to tackle Garnacho, play it to Casemiro, receive it back and then give it straight back to Casemiro again. Waster. Has no redeeming qualities.
Some of his fans call it "creating a space."

Stadjer

Wow that's harsh on Pogba.
During his whole second Manchester United period, Paul Pogba was always one of the best players in the team. People just dont like him and want to act like Pogba has only been shit. Pogba showed so much more than Donny.... and im not even a Donny hater.

Smores

Get him gone. I've defended him in the past but there's no improvement is there.

At this stage Hannibal or Iqbal are more deserving of his squad place. Best for all parties he goes.

Djemba-Djemba

He's in the same territory as the likes of Sanchez and AWB and Maguire as all time horrible transfers.

And even Maguire and AWB had decent moments and good periods of form during their time here. VdB has done absolutely feck all.

AndySmith1990

During his whole second Manchester United period, Paul Pogba was always one of the best players in the team. People just dont like him and want to act like Pogba has only been shit. Pogba showed so much more than Donny.... and im not even a Donny hater.
Pogba shown more whenever he decided he could be bothered, and that was always the problem. He was lazy and his attitude sucked. For £89m he was a massive failure. Just as van Beek is a massive failure. Frankly the majority of players we've signed in the past decade have been failures so they have plenty of company

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
To be fair I don't think I'd blame Ole too much for this one. He obviously wanted Grealish but the board didn't want to pay the money. It always felt like the club told Ole that they wouldn't sign Grealish but there was this young guy doing good things for Ajax who was a great alternative. Sure Ole could have said no, but he figured Donny was better than nothing.

DevTheRed

He just isn’t suited to this league at all.. too quick and too physical for him.

jesperjaap

Was never the right signing....and that summer we were linked with Grealish a year before his huge transfer. Not ettin gGrealish maybe not so bad when we have 3 left wigners now, btu some come down.

And lots of fans this summer said Ten Hag will get him back to his best. Its only two games, but that for me then was a worrying statement......he was average at Ajax, massively over rated then for the work rate he put in.

But I find him bizarre here. On the TV at least his movement is almost like he is runnig naway from the ball and action, moves into cornes defensively its pure weird

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Should never have started with Ronaldo. Their games are polar opposite. Yes, both are nowhere near good enough, but playing one off the other is just setting us (and them) up for failure.

Superunknown

Was never the right signing....and that summer we were linked with Grealish a year before his huge transfer. Not ettin gGrealish maybe not so bad when we have 3 left wigners now, btu some come down.

And lots of fans this summer said Ten Hag will get him back to his best. Its only two games, but that for me then was a worrying statement......he was average at Ajax, massively over rated then for the work rate he put in.

But I find him bizarre here. On the TV at least his movement is almost like he is runnig naway from the ball and action, moves into cornes defensively its pure weird
I'm trying to be positive with him, but I will admit that I couldn't understand what he was doing or trying to do today. It had no effect on the game whatsoever.

I'll trust ETH's judgement on this one if he decides to ship him out. I think now that we've got a good manager and are trying to go places, we can't really afford to waste time on players who 'might' come good. We need to see something and we're just not seeing it. Definitely didn't see anything today that would convince me that persisting with him would be entirely the right thing to do.

He's not a bad player but he doesn't fit this league. He wants to play the majority of the game at a slow pace, with bursts of energy into the box from time to time, but the PL doesn't work that way. The times when he wants to slow everything down the opposition turn up the tempo and he fades out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.