4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

In my living memory, I cant think of another, regardless of price.

Bebe you could see had potential and he tried. Donnie looks like the lights of OT are just too bright for hi. He withers. Bet he will do well back in the Dutch League.
Sanchez would be a contender.

Malone_Post

Was there even a single doubt that he was going to do absolutely nothing today? A complete nothing player. Couldn’t tell you a single thing he does well.

11 touches in 45 minutes for a player playing in the #10 position, for a team that had 60% of the ball in the first half today. Disgraceful.

A complete waste of a shirt.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
In my living memory, I cant think of another, regardless of price.

Bebe you could see had potential and he tried. Donnie looks like the lights of OT are just too bright for him. He withers. Bet he will do well back in the Dutch League.
I can. Sanchez on his astronomical salaries. But DvB is a total waste of space and needs to go ASAP

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I am not being dramatic but he is approaching Dong Fangzhuo level.

Dong Ni Fan De Bi Ke.

bringbackbebe

I am not being dramatic but he is approaching Dong Fangzhuo level.

Dong Ni Fan De Bi Ke.
Dong Fangzhou had commercial & marketing benefits for us in China. Don't think the Dutch are buying our shirts with DVB34 in the back. Eric Djemba-Djemba is a better comparison IMHO.

Gordon S

I remember when most pundits were raving about this transfer. "Absolute steal at 35m..." "He is world class"

I´m sure there is a better player in there somewhere but he looks absolute lost at the moment. Hopefully some club takes a chance in January.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I wonder which club could be interested and willing to pay a minimal fee. It might not be that easy to offload him and I doubt Ajax take him back

Strelok

I only watched extended highlights but he didn't feature once :lol:
Same here I didn't watch the match only watched the hightlights and I found out he played only after checking this thread :lol:

I was of the opinion we should give him a couple more games without Ronaldo where he could play under a proper system before writing him off again. But based on this thread we could now I guess.

Judas

Open to offers
For everyones sake, needs selling as soon as possible. Absolute mystery of a player. The difference in training, compared to what we see must be a starker contrast than black and white.

AFC NimbleThumb

Bloke is a ghost. Giving me Lingard levels of nothingness.
I know it’s fun to joke about Lingard but VdB could only dream of having his impact & that’s what makes him so bad. Lingard at least sometimes did things, VdB on the other hand is definition of a nothing player.

Ibi Dreams

Honestly feel sorry for him. He must have some ability, but he's basically only looked good in one game in two years. Hasn't worked, best for everyone involved for him to move on.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I'm okay with him not being very good when he plays so rarely, but his lack of application, work rate and involvement cannot really be excused. Feels like he gave up - quiet quitting is the term, right?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Honestly feel sorry for him. He must have some ability, but he's basically only looked good in one game in two years. Hasn't worked, best for everyone involved for him to move on.
Yeap. I am oscillating between being pissed off at him -- but whenever I look at his face, you can imagine him having suicidal thoughts.

phelans shorts

For everyones sake, needs selling as soon as possible. Absolute mystery of a player. The difference in training, compared to what we see must be a starker contrast than black and white.
The fact that 3 managers wanted nothing to do with him tells me that there is no difference at all.
I know it’s fun to joke about Lingard but VdB could only dream of having his impact & that’s what makes him so bad. Lingard at least sometimes did things, VdB on the other hand is definition of a nothing player.
Yep. Massive disservice to Lingard.

flappyjay

The fact that 3 managers wanted nothing to do with him tells me that there is no difference at all.

Yep. Massive disservice to Lingard.
No matter how bad they were Andreas and Lingard also always put in a serious shift. But with this guys we are a man down both on and off the ball.

Mainoldo

It’s easy to get into good positions to not receive the ball.

Time to move on so we can replace him with a more useful midfielder.

zurnalist

Since he joined, I haven't understood what should I be seeing here... What is his skillset? Quite slow, not very technical, mediocre passing ability, scored 2 in 50, certainly not a midfield destroyer... What is he good at?!

Oranges038

Since he joined, I haven't understood what should I be seeing here... What is his skillset? Quite slow, not very technical, mediocre passing ability, scored 2 in 50, certainly not a midfield destroyer... What is he good at?!
Running into empty space.

NoLogo

Was there even a single doubt that he was going to do absolutely nothing today? A complete nothing player. Couldn’t tell you a single thing he does well.

11 touches in 45 minutes for a player playing in the #10 position, for a team that had 60% of the ball in the first half today. Disgraceful.

A complete waste of a shirt.
A lot of people on here were always calling for him to get playing time, but there was a reason none of our coaches ever really considered him to be a starter.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
My last line of defense was that he hadn't had a few games in a row, not sure what to use now? I'm genuinely out of this one and would look to move him on for any price as he offers nothing I don't believe a youth player can replicate.

romufc

In the first half, It was about 30 mins into the game and I was wondering whats going on.. I totally forgot Donny was playing, he was non existent.

No one can defend him, they said he needs game time... he has started the last 3 games and he has been rubbish in all those games.

CM

Van de Beek simply isn't cut out for this level. We should've cashed in when Everton were interested, I can't even think of a club who would want him now.

Oldyella

In the first half, It was about 30 mins into the game and I was wondering whats going on.. I totally forgot Donny was playing, he was non existent.

No one can defend him, they said he needs game time... he has started the last 3 games and he has been rubbish in all those games.
Yeah. He's had a small run as a starter now, and done nothing, which was always the doubt/excuse. We can see it isn't going to work, so let's just drop him, would prefer a kid gets any more minutes he would have instead

romufc

Yeah. He's had a small run as a starter now, and done nothing, which was always the doubt/excuse. We can see it isn't going to work, so let's just drop him, would prefer a kid gets any more minutes he would have instead
Think he needs to be sold, he is taking up a squad place for players who could come through. We could potentially get 20m for him, take the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.