Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 648 44.6%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 806 55.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Flexdegea

It's seems everyone raging not much is getting leaked left and right and centre and are having tantrums about us not buying players in a 3 week holiday window where no one is training or even back at the club

Trophy Room

Some patience is required. We are a few years away from challenging again. Don't be too disappointed if we fail to get champions league again next season. You cannot rebuild an entire squad in one window. I'd rather we sign no one if it meant avoiding panic buying the wrong players to satisfy the fan base.

Tavern in the town

Some patience is required. We are a few years away from challenging again. Don't be too disappointed if we fail to get champions league again next season. You cannot rebuild an entire squad in one window. I'd rather we sign no one if it meant avoiding panic buying the wrong players to satisfy the fan base.
I’m really not sure why people always say things like this, as if those are the only two options. How about signing the right players early in the window.

we were told (at least from the leaks) that we for once arent only working on one deal and that we are working on all fronts . but from what we see it seems like we are only working on De Jong and everything else is stopped.
Does it? I mean, we’re strongly linked with offering a deal to Erikson for a start.
De Jong is the big name, that generates the clicks is all.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I’m really not sure why people always say things like this, as if those are the only two options. How about signing the right players early in the window.
Well they're actually saying if we don't manage to get the 'right players' for whatever reason, it's better not to sign just anyone for the sake of it. Not difficult to understand really.

Trophy Room

A pretty obvious (a little naive) statement but easier said than done; it also has little relevance to the point I made. Transfers are planned well in advance and require complex negotiations especially when United is involved. You cannot compare the business of big teams with more established management and coaching structures, to United currently even though we seem to have made some progress in this regard. It will take time to reap the benefits of these changes. ETH was only appointed a few weeks ago and he would've needed time to review the squad and convey his thoughts on transfer targets no? Besides, it's mid-June. How early is early for you? All wrapped up on the 1st of June?

croadyman

Bet he's not having a relaxing holiday with that transfer shitshow going on over his head

Ruud89

Far from impressed with this Ten Hag fella so far

Heard he wants to give the players another opportunity to prove themselves when alot of them should be getting sold this summer

Ralf could have given him insight as to which players need to be moved on but Ten Hag didn't want to know.

Unbelievable.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I know it's not easy but hope he can get his preferred players in.

Gurtej

I would love if he resigns before our season begins if he doesn’t get up getting the signings he asked for!!

I am sure he would have liked to get some of his signings in by now or Atleast anytime soon!!

Problem is our lack of football structure and our asshole owners!!

His resignation will send a loud and clear msg and May finally push glazers hands to sell this club.

And I am 100% certain he won’t have any lack of takers

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I would love if he resigns before our season begins if he doesn’t get up getting the signings he asked for!!

I am sure he would have liked to get some of his signings in by now or Atleast anytime soon!!

His resignation will send a loud and clear msg and May finally push glazers hands to sell this club.

Not even a week into the transfer window.

pacifictheme

The sites just promoting anyone these days huh.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Heard he wants to give the players another opportunity to prove themselves when alot of them should be getting sold this summer

Ralf could have given him insight as to which players need to be moved on but Ten Hag didn't want to know.

Unbelievable.
Not even had a training session yet as manager and you're not impressed? Get a grip.

TheReligion

Abusive

Unbelievable.

Must be joke accounts :lol:

stu_1992

Ah yes, just like what any rational fan would like to happen. It would be amazing if we lost our new manager that we're all excited about before the season even begins. Exciting stuff, would love for the team to be in complete disarray just for the 0.00001% chance it may convince the Glazers to sell.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's seems everyone raging not much is getting leaked left and right and centre and are having tantrums about us not buying players in a 3 week holiday window where no one is training or even back at the club
Tbf that's what you have agents for.

But I agree with the tantrums. It happens every transfer window on the Caf though. Much ado about nothin'

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Glazer apologist alert.

MrBest

You probably need to stop watching Mark Goldbridge if you do. That guy has some serious contradictory click bait titles.

Apokalips

Must be joke accounts :lol:
:lol: My thoughts exactly. Kind of worrying though that a lot of new age supporters seem to care mostly about transfers and transfer hype as a gauge of anything, so who knows...they could be real opinions!

Yakuza_devils

We know that our board is incompetent but hopefully changes are in progress now upstairs.

I'm more hopeful that ETH's abilities would improve us much more regardless of signings. He got Ajax playing fantastic football in CL with very small budgets.

Hope the players would listen, improve their fitness and work harder for the system.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I think the fact that both City and Liverpool have got their marquee signings does make our fanbase a little nervous...understandably so

Nights

I think the fact that both City and Liverpool have got their marquee signings does make our fanbase a little nervous...understandably so
I get it but I do wish the caf brigade would at least see the context of those two transfers. Haaland was a release clause purchase where City no doubt chucked untold amounts of money at Haaland and his dad (easy to do with oil money and a history of off the books payments) whilst Liverpool paid an extortionate amount for a striker that no one else valued at the price they paid.

I’m sure if United offered a similar crazy amount for FDJ, Barca would have already hog tied and shipped him to Manchester. But we clearly have a budget and multiple positions to replace so it makes sense to try and negotiate.

Yakuza_devils

Don't worry about signings first.

We need to establish an effective style of play where everyone buy in and willing to work hard together. When Klopp and Pep came to EPL, we can see straightaway that their style of play were right and will bring them far albeit there were inconsistent at first.

They add more and more quality players along the way to make the team now almost perfect in every department. The more/almost 100 points season year in year reflect that.

Once you have a clear style of play that everyone believe in, almost all the new signings will ease into the team seamlessly.

I think this season we will get 3 signings. Generally, our plays will be much better than Ole/Rangnick football. We will still be inconsistent but we will finish comfortably top 4.

Next season, with more established style of play, CL football and more funds, we will further add 3 more high quality signings. Hence, essentially we need to give ETH at least 12 months (from this window to next window) to assemble a squad fully capable of playing his style of play consistently.

bonothom

Uniteds master plan is to bring back Perreira and Martial and give them a chance to impress yet another new manager. I can't believe Ten Hag would have agreed to take the job to work with the same shit fringe players that should have been sold years ago. He surely can't be that desperate for the money to agree to take a job where he will start with literally one hand tied behind his back.

klayton88

I just watched every second of this and my conclusion is that we are going to win the quadruple.

I also read in the comments that it was EtH's idea to allow the fans in to a training session to simulate the match day experience for the players. Imagine we did that at Carrington! Half of our players would go home crying.

Can we sign some of their fans please.

Last edited:

Bondi77

You probably need to stop watching Mark Goldbridge if you do. That guy has some serious contradictory click bait titles.
That guy is a tool
I watched one of his shows a while ago and he said he had it on good info the first two signings would be Timber and Rice.

Bondi77

Don't worry about signings first.

We need to establish an effective style of play where everyone buy in and willing to work hard together. When Klopp and Pep came to EPL, we can see straightaway that their style of play were right and will bring them far albeit there were inconsistent at first.

They add more and more quality players along the way to make the team now almost perfect in every department. The more/almost 100 points season year in year reflect that.

Once you have a clear style of play that everyone believe in, almost all the new signings will ease into the team seamlessly.

I think this season we will get 3 signings. Generally, our plays will be much better than Ole/Rangnick football. We will still be inconsistent but we will finish comfortably top 4.

Next season, with more established style of play, CL football and more funds, we will further add 3 more high quality signings. Hence, essentially we need to give ETH at least 12 months (from this window to next window) to assemble a squad fully capable of playing his style of play consistently.
Some good points but hard to predict on where we will finish each season due to the competitiveness of the Premier League.
There are at least seven teams in the league that could outlay 50mil on one player if they wanted to and that is a big difference to even ten years ago.
All in all it just makes for a great competition.