Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 662 44.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 812 55.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

soapythecat

He hasn’t learnt from all the mistakes and poor performances this season. Second best to Burnley at home is quite something in a season of quite somethings.
He is so inept tactically at this level and the players don’t look like they understand what to do when they have the ball.
This is our last decent chance to pick up 3 points and we are stale and useless…typical ETH team performance really.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
But you’re assuming this, based on 0 evidence. Ten Hag has already stated that a fit current team competes for top 4. Also I doubt our players are delusional enough to think we have a squad to compete with City at the moment.

again, this statement has already been made by our new owner, it’s not like it’s an idea the players are hearing for the first time. You can bet that ten hag is telling the players what he’s been telling the press - we’re in this position because we’ve had terrible luck this season, not because of squad quality (at least that’s the stance he takes every presser).

also it took Liverpool 3 seasons to go from 4th to 1st, and if arsenal do it this year it’ll be 2 seasons as well, but they haven’t quite won it yet.

I think Ten Hag has made a lot of mistakes and needs to go but this is just not the stick to beat him with surely
Liverpool went from not being anywhere near title challenge in 17-18 (4th place, 75 points and 25 behind City) to proper contention in 18-19 (2nd place, 97 points, 1 point behind City). They only added Fabinho, Keita and Allison. Arsenal went from 5th to title challenge last season.

We have many good players. Might not be able to get to 90+ points but we should definitely be aiming for 80+ with a few good transfers, we got 75 last year with what seemed like a weaker team and got 74 points in 20-21 before spending £400m. 80+ might not win you the league in a normal season but if City/Arsenal are having an off year, it could get you close.

I’m not saying I expect us to win the league, I am saying our goal should always be to put ourselves in the best possible position to compete. Our goal should not be to ‘maybe challenge for top 4 if we don’t have any significant injuries’.

breezy12

I'm genuinely not watching games next season if this guy is still the manager. Anyone who even tries to defend him for this braindead chaos football, where every team just bypasses the whole team in 3 passes is a moron. He's such a bad manager, he's a genuine contender for the worst in the league.

Sarni

90%? Ffs who actually thinks that? :lol:
Yeah pure drivel. We probably need 3-4 signings to be much, much better. There are many players in current team that could very well be part of an 80+ points team. We also have many young players that we should be expecting improvement from they could push us further.

The underrating of this team is silly but it doesn’t surprise me when we are constantly trying to lower the bar for the manager.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
So you want a manager who doesn’t trust in their ability ?

And you clearly wouldn’t like Klopp as manager , he’s always whinging about injuries and they’ve not had it worse then us.
No I'm saying it's great that he trusts in his ability to turn us into a team that could potentially get top 4, with more investment and a completely injury free season. I can't wait.

ZainCRse7en

Sick of him making every dross team looking like prime Barcelona. We are far too easy to play through it's beyond a joke at this point. Anybody fearing the upcoming Arsenal game in a couple of weeks time? We are going to get spanked aren't we?

Sarni

It’s yet again one of those games where we start reasonably well and create a few chances but then the opposition figures us out and we have no response. We are genuinely one of the easiest teams to play against.

stevoc

Yeah pure drivel. We probably need 3-4 signings to be much, much better. There are many players in current team that could very well be part of an 80+ points team. We also have many young players that we should be expecting improvement from they could push us further.

The underrating of this team is silly but it doesn’t surprise me when we are constantly trying to lower the bar for the manager.
And that's where it stems from. People who delude themselves the manager isn't at all to blame so it must be the players.

Because after all these cnuts downed tolls and got Moyes and LVG sacked.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Rangnick is still worse. Ten Hag is a saint compared to him
Rangnick was a caretaker. Hard to make a direct comparison. Completely different set of circumstances and expectations.

Not that either one wrapped himself in glory, mind you.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Pretty shite so far, too open to the point of being daft. There was one point where a ball was played into Hojlund's feet and he lost it and Burnley would have a direct free run at our CBs from inside out half, no midfielder in sight. We were very lucky that the shite ref gave a foul. I like it when it clicks but we're just not good enough to play like this, and we show that week after week.

E-mal

Is this not enough to make people see this manager is incompetent? We look at the level of Burnley

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

That’s pretty much in line with my take too. A good manager has the strong basis of a solid top four squad there. With 3 or so signings, this could be transformed into a really excellent team; but again, only under the stewardship of a really good manager, with the right culture instilled.

It’s a managers job to make the team worth more than the value of their parts, by playing cohesively, and focusing on the collective output. It doesn’t matter how many signings we make, if we play like 11 individuals. That will just lead to inconsistency and disjointed football.

Ten Hag has no discernible system. In a robust enough system, players are just pieces that can be interchanged. Without it, you end up relying heavily on the individual qualities of certain players, and when their form dips, the whole teams form dips. Just like ours has imploded with the injury to Martinez, and collapse in form to Casemiro and Rashford. We can barely score a goal without Rashford pulling a rabbit out of the hat, like he did 30 times last season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Remember when the Sheffield game was the start of him playing possession football? Burnley didn't get the memo

FrantikChicken

Liverpool went from not being anywhere near title challenge in 17-18 (4th place, 75 points and 25 behind City) to proper contention in 18-19 (2nd place, 97 points, 1 point behind City). They only added Fabinho, Keita and Allison. Arsenal went from 5th to title challenge last season.

We have many good players. Might not be able to get to 90+ points but we should definitely be aiming for 80+ with a few good transfers, we got 75 last year with what seemed like a weaker team and got 74 points in 20-21 before spending £400m. 80+ might not win you the league in a normal season but if City/Arsenal are having an off year, it could get you close.

I’m not saying I expect us to win the league, I am saying our goal should always be to put ourselves in the best possible position to compete. Our goal should not be to ‘maybe challenge for top 4 if we don’t have any significant injuries’.
I completely agree, but as you say 80 points doesn’t usually give you an actual title challenge. For everyone else to have an off year is very rare. Last time was probably the year Leicester won it? So I don’t think ten hag is unrealistic in basically saying we won’t be getting 90+ points next season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We will probably bag a goal or two, which will again momentarily paper over the cracks of what a quagmire of mediocrity we continue to be stuck in.

Blood Mage

I don't understand how some of you could want another season of this. This is the worst we've been in my lifetime.

Paul778

We will probably bag a goal or two, which will again momentarily paper over the cracks of what a quagmire of mediocrity we continue to be stuck in.
It doesn't matter. Most likely after today Villa will be mathematically out of reach in 4th and we can send in the solicitors to negotate the termination package.

Zero chance of him being here in July. We would not go into a new season with a manager in his final year and noone in their right mind would offer him an extension.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I don't understand how some of you could want another season of this. This is the worst we've been in my lifetime.
A good half against one of the 3 worst teams in PL history caused at least 10% of the fanbase to completely forget the shitshow that's been this entire season.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's ok guys, ETH will use this game to learn from our mistakes. A lot of learning this season actually, I'm convinced all this learning will eventually improve us.