Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 657 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 810 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Skills

Snitch
Not everyone can have such elite mentalities like yourself. Have some sympathy for all the others that are simply beneath you because they don’t spew negativity like a broken dam.
I just call a spade a spade. I don't see what I would gain from downplaying my thoughts for the likes of yourself.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You can’t hang about waiting for the next Sir Alex to fall into your lap though. Surely even you can admit, Ole aside, they’ve all proven themselves to be competent coaches. Even a competent coach should be able to get performances from the players we’ve had. It shouldn’t take the best, and only the best coach in the world before we start playing well. Leicester won the league with Ranieri ffs.
That's not the point. And they all got performances out of the players we had at the exception of Moyes. Every other managers reached top 4, three of them won trophies. But because none of them were great coaches or great managers they all failed when they tried to make the next step forward that's where they made mistakes and all of them lacked the humility to try and quickly fix it, instead they tried to double down.

The point being that none of them were great coaches which means that all of them were liable to either fail to take the next step or fail from the beginning. And an other point, of course you are not going to wait for the next Sir Alex which is why you need to quickly accept the limitations of these types of managers and move to the next one, that's how you maybe get to a future great manager, not by sticking with duds.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Biggest joke is the glazers had bigger balls. He'd probably be gone under them, lets be honest.
Yet under ineos this Pep Guardiola is my idol is hanging on and might even be here next season.
Zero chance the Glazers would have acted by now if they were still calling the shots. Every single manager since Ferguson has long overstayed their welcome.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He isn't wrong about being one of the most entertaining teams in the league. Unfortunately, the bit he misses out there is that it's entertainment for every other fanbase, watching us struggle and bumble our way through the vast majority of games we play. To a fanbase, they all want the guy to stay.

United Hobbit

Entertaining?! For our rivals maybe

I don't mind end to end football if we are outscoring the opposition but time and time again we've made stupid mistakes that cost us leads. Yet it's not been rectified

Half our games I'm finding the comments on here more entertaining than our "football"

This feels like his Moyes "aspiring to be city's level" and "Liverpool are the favourites" moment

Red00012

Fixed.

Unlike our defence am I right? Badum tss.
"We are one of the most dynamic and entertaining teams in the league at this moment. We are creating loads of chances by playing good football."
Badum tss back to you

Rista

66% of people in the poll above would sack ETH before the cup final?! That's crazy.

Irrelevent of whether you think he should go or not in the summer, he's gotten us to that final (the third in 2 years) and put everything he's got into trying to turn things around under awful circumstances.

I genuinly would rather go into this final and give him a shot at it rather than sacking him now, looking like the club have zero class......and still losing anwyay.
It's really about time we stopped caring about nonsense like this. Remember when Moyes was ruining the club and fans thought sacking him meant we had "no class".

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
And we cant even start going about changing the players effectively until we have a new manager.
We can. Changing the coach is going to make far less difference than you think.

Problem is, even when he's had his strongest team, he still plays the same way just with better players. And they still get exploited in the same way.
But our strongest team still contains Casemiro and not Deklan Rice. That's the core issue in midfield.

Red00012

Just I’d expect them
To sack the manger tonight considering top 4 is gone
Top 4 has been gone for a few weeks . I think there’s so much going on in the background that they were going to let him see out the season regardless bar a monumental collapse . And the FA cup run helped .

led_scholes

Managers should stop mentioning the Saf era in a negative way. Jose did it. Moyes did it. A few months later they were gone. They forget that they don't have his credibility.

statpadder

We’re finishing 8th this season I’m certain. Our lowest position since the great man retired.

After spending a gazillion pounds on transfer fees and wages. This club is such a mess.

Eth has to take the major share of the blame and has to leave.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We can. Changing the coach is going to make far less difference than you think.

But our strongest team still contains Casemiro and not Deklan Rice. That's the core issue in midfield.
He wanted FdJ, which would have equally been a disaster. I agree we need new players. We also need a new coach that will set us up to control games.

Also, regarding your first point. Tell that to Villa, who were 3 points above relegation when Emery took over last season. Tell that to Spurs, who were a bigger mess, with no identifiable style, and had just lost their best players, when Ange Postecoglu took over. You're just guessing. A manager change could just as easily drastically change things and completely change the whole outlook of the club.

Last edited:

CM

So he has finally gone full speed in the self preservation mode.
Talking down past teams which were by far superior to any team he is capable to build and labelling our attacking play as entertaining :lol: .

I would have no sympathy for him if he lost his job before the cup final. My respect and perception of him has gone down so much in the last 6 months. All he has come out with is excuses and false statements like this one. He is lucky that Ineos could only come on board late into the season, else he would have not survived this season.
Exactly right. He's being a tosser and it's surprising a larger percentage of the fanbase haven't turned already.

There seems to be some feint idea that he could turn it around with people pointing to Arteta at Arsenal. Even his worst Arsenal teams that finished in 8th place back to back didn't concede at the rate we do. We still have 4 games left of the season so that record is only going to get worse as well.

mu4c_20le

We’re finishing 8th this season I’m certain. Our lowest position since the great man retired.

After spending a gazillion pounds on transfer fees and wages. This club is such a mess.

We won't finish lower then 7th is only because West Ham won't beat both Chelsea and City.

Oscar Bonavena

One of the most entertaining teams in the league?!

Ffs the man's raving.

Yes "entertaining" because we never have control of any game, regularly blow 2 or even 3 goal leads and usually allow our opponents 20 to 30 shots per game. Not the type of "entertainment" I'm looking for, Erik.

What next, Chris Wilder claiming Sheffield United are the most entertaining team in the league cos their games have the most goals?!

pocco

loco
One of the most entertaining teams in the league?!

Ffs the man's raving.

Yes "entertaining" because we never have control of any game, regularly blow 2 or even 3 goal leads and usually allow our opponents 20 to 30 shots per game. Not the type of "entertainment" I'm looking for, Erik.

What next, Chris Wilder claiming Sheffield United are the most entertaining team in the league cos their games have the most goals?!
I'm convinced ETH or his agent/ family are posting on here because some of our posters just tried making that point about us being entertaining just the other day. It's such a ridiculous point to make as a manager, as we're entertaining because we're wide open and give even the shittest teams plenty of chances. As a coach you should be embarrassed about that point, not celebrate it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Omfg, just listened to an excerpt from his post-match interview on MotD. He said we're one of the most dynamic and entertaining sides.

I somehow missed this tidbit from the tweet. This guy is an outright liar :lol:

pocco

loco
I clearly am not. If I was a sheep I’d be bleating Ten Hag out without a plan.

My point is if they decide to sack him there’ll be a reason. If they decided to recruit someone else there’s a reason. And I’m willing to fairly criticise any decision I just think it’s stupid to think it’s weird to trust a much more experienced footballing operation that we are putting together.

You can be ambivalent about a manger and also defend our performances or situation.

Well I’ve hardly sat on the fence this thread is evidence enough of that.

I still don’t think there is a clearly better option than Ten Hag available. If it was down to me I wouldn’t sack him this summer. I’d give him until October/November next season.

However I have zero issue with him being sacked and replaced as just because I don’t see the manager to come in that could have sorted all this out this season doesn’t mean people inside of football don’t know that unicorn.
How is Tuchel, for example, not a better option? By what metric is ETH in even the same league as him as a coach?

Valencia Shin Crosses

Exactly right. He's being a tosser and it's surprising a larger percentage of the fanbase haven't turned already.

There seems to be some feint idea that he could turn it around with people pointing to Arteta at Arsenal. Even his worst Arsenal teams that finished in 8th place back to back didn't concede at the rate we do. We still have 4 games left of the season so that record is only going to get worse as well.
Also those Arsenal teams people love to reference were built around Arteta shipping out every veteran failure and having his team be one of the youngest in the league. It’s the equivalent of ETH shipping Bruno, Maguire, Varane, and plenty of others out while losing with kids. Not comparable.

Someone

Something
He's a dead man walking but there's no point in sacking him before the final.

I still think his biggest sin was recruitment. Man did he get almost all his decisions wrong. The club clearly made a mistake in indulging him, but a good manager should know better.

His post match comments show desperation. He knows he's done.

Redstain

What's worse is United had a successful season that particular year on account of the standards now. If Erik had a 04-05 United season he wouldn't have his employment up in the air for the next campaign.