Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Fallon d'Floor

We were actually good in Palace and Leeds games, should have won both of them. Southampton we had Casemiro sent off early in the game. Spurs away we were again quite good and should have led by more than 2 but foolishly let it slip.
We threw the Palace game away. 90+ minute equaliser. We almost did it again in the 2-1 home win after Casemiro was sent off. We went 36 mins without a shot in the 2nd half.

Leeds at home was maybe unlucky, but we were lucky to win the return game at Elland Road a few days later. It balanced out.

You can still beat teams with 10 men. Especially ones as bad as Southampton at home. Spurs beat Luton 1-0 away with 10 men this season. Liverpool beat Newcastle away with 10 men.

The Spurs game was a game of two halves. Spurs battered us in the 2nd half and could have won the game in the end. It's a bad collapse. Just like Sevilla at home.

They were either bad results or a combination of bad performances + results. The signs were there.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Just bring a mirror and point to it.

For the rest, Wilcox can already see.
Rest assured if us fans can see it I am sure someone like Wilcox has already seen it. He's dead man walking. The reason he is still here is INEOS is waiting to appoint someone and that someone is still under contract at other club hence he cant come until next season.

Can see him persuading Wilcox during these talks he is worthy of another season. Will probably bring up a lack of fit existing players along with need to sign ones who are mobile and athletic.
Wonder how that goes for him.
ETH: see all these injured players that makes me unable to play my tactics.
JW: how can you threw a 3-0 lead against a team 20 places below us in the pyramid ??
ETH: that's one of the best and dynamic performance from us. We are an exciting team
JW::nervous::nono::rolleyes::confused:

NLunited

It's a press conference. Managers almost never say the truth.
He does, but he leaves out stuff. Almost never criticizes players directly.

About his remarks: we have been better in attack since Christmas. We have been entertaining at times, but he‘s exaggerating for sure.

McT: has improved a lot, is better on the ball than he used to be. He creates by his movement and dynamism. Not sure what y’all so upset about.

He‘s focusing on the positives because there are so many issues. It used to be the other way around (‚Good is not good enough‘).

Xtal

Ten Hag: "The club hasn't supported me with the players I want."

Reporter: "Which players you want?"

Ten Hag: "Mbappe, Haaland, Kane, Vinicius, Bellingham, KDB, Zidane, Maradona, Pele."

Awww!

gaffs

It's a press conference. Managers almost never say the truth.

Jesus Christ, bit of a platitude defending his team in the media is "lying to fans".

Just checking if your understanding is that normally managers come out after a game and give a thorough and accurate analysis of all failings of the players?
Nothing wrong with defending your team, but Ten Hag is coming out with so much sh1t that fans are laughing at him and feel he has lost touch with reality.

The players are not dumb, they know they are playing like crap. Ten Hag telling the world that MUFC play fantastic, entertaining football makes him look an even bigger fool.

Feels to me that the comments he is making are all aimed at protecting his own reputation.

croadyman

Rest assured if us fans can see it I am sure someone like Wilcox has already seen it. He's dead man walking. The reason he is still here is INEOS is waiting to appoint someone and that someone is still under contract at other club hence he cant come until next season.

Wonder how that goes for him.
ETH: see all these injured players that makes me unable to play my tactics.
JW: how can you threw a 3-0 lead against a team 20 places below us in the pyramid ??
ETH: that's one of the best and dynamic performance from us. We are an exciting team
JW::nervous::nono::rolleyes::confused:
Well when you put the conversation like that it looks like he has very little defence for performances

spwd

Well, no point discussing anything until after the FA Cup then. I'm disappointed we're willing to throw away our only chance at a trophy this season, but oh well.
Exactly how I see it. Not impressed at all.

spwd

So Erik what do you think the problem is?
No problems we're playing exactly how I want.... But I wouldn't say no to another 1/2 billion to buy the remainder of my Eridivisie mates because they are the most dynamic players ever ever.

Micky Targaryen

In regards to the poll,

Expectation: Let ETH manage his final game at the FA cup final, regardless of result.

Reality: ETH wins the cup, rewarded with a 5 year extension.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Some of his latest comments were really stupid. I used to like him but the recent change shows he is losing it.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Look Willy, there are massive issues at the club:

- There is this midget CB who is not totally suited to play CB in this league. On top of that he is always injured. We need a starter.
- Behind him there is a clown of a goal keeper. We call him Black Barthez on the whatsapp group Lolz. He needs to go.
- We need a LB. The one the club bought a couple of seasons ago went missing and hasn't been seen since. Call off the search, he was useless anyway.
- Then there are these two old mids...the only use those legs have at this stage is we chop them off, deep fry them and serve them at the EOS awards night.
- Then I have a test for you to prove yourself to me. Get 20m for a Brazilian fidget spinner and you'll be forever called a hero. Ashworth, who? If you are getting my drift, Willy....eh...eh...eh.
- A 60m failed project from Chelsea. Let's bin him and the style of play with which I thought I could succeed. New season, new ideas.
- Back-ups are costly these days, Willy. 75m Euros is peanuts in this market for a back-up Striker. We need a starter and this time do things that other clubs can only dream of. Fly Willy, Fly...eh..eh..eh.

Rest, in the next meeting when you bring me solutions to these. In the meantime, I am arranging a call with my agency to help you help me. And yeah, last but not the least, can we get moving on that sweet contract extension. Don't forget to add the clause that give me control of the whole club this time. Good boy, Willy.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Some of his latest comments were really stupid. I used to like him but the recent change shows he is losing it.
He's panicking under pressure. Quite similar to his team actually who get intimidated by the crowd and piss themselves holding onto a draw or defending a lead. ETH knows his job and reputation are on the line so instead of staying calm and sticking to the course ( like you would if you were confident you're doing the right thing) , he lashes out and feels the need to bring up random situations like our 04/05 side to defend himself.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nothing wrong with defending your team, but Ten Hag is coming out with so much sh1t that fans are laughing at him and feel he has lost touch with reality.

The players are not dumb, they know they are playing like crap. Ten Hag telling the world that MUFC play fantastic, entertaining football makes him look an even bigger fool.

Feels to me that the comments he is making are all aimed at protecting his own reputation.
Right, so back to what I said, he doesnt actually talk the truth in press conferences.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Poll results to date are very interesting. If think back to the last poll 76% of you did not want ETH here next season but it looks like quite a portion of you feel he should at least finish the season and the cup final

Zoo

- There is this midget CB who is not totally suited to play CB in this league. On top of that he is always injured. We need a starter.
- Behind him there is a clown of a goal keeper. We call him Black Barthez on the whatsapp group Lolz. He needs to go.
- We need a LB. The one the club bought a couple of seasons ago went missing and hasn't been seen since. Call off the search, he was useless anyway.
- Then there are these two old mids...the only use those legs have at this stage is we chop them off, deep fry them and serve them at the EOS awards night.
- Then I have a test for you to prove yourself to me. Get 20m for a Brazilian fidget spinner and you'll be forever called a hero. Ashworth, who? If you are getting my drift, Willy....eh...eh...eh.
- A 60m failed project from Chelsea. Let's bin him and the style of play with which I thought I could succeed. New season, new ideas.
- Back-ups are costly these days, Willy. 75m Euros is peanuts in this market for a back-up Striker. We need a starter and this time do things that other clubs can only dream of. Fly Willy, Fly...eh..eh..eh.

Rest, in the next meeting when you bring me solutions to these. In the meantime, I am arranging a call with my agency to help you help me. And yeah, last but not the least, can we get moving on that sweet contract extension. Don't forget to add the clause that give me control of the whole club this time. Good boy, Willy.
You’ve really put a lot of effort into that.

stevoc

He does, but he leaves out stuff. Almost never criticizes players directly.

About his remarks: we have been better in attack since Christmas. We have been entertaining at times, but he‘s exaggerating for sure.

McT: has improved a lot, is better on the ball than he used to be. He creates by his movement and dynamism. Not sure what y’all so upset about.

He‘s focusing on the positives because there are so many issues. It used to be the other way around (‚Good is not good enough‘).
Is that what Erik meant though?

a player [McTominay] on who can keep the ball and is creative in an intense game."

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Sorry but :houllier:

It was a freak accident and he's also clearly our best player in defence when he plays and is fit. He gives us an extra level.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Sorry but :houllier:

It was a freak accident and he's also clearly our best player in defence when he plays and is fit. He gives us an extra level.
I am not going to say he doesn't. But there were also a few games where he was rag dolled due his size and lack of pace. It's not unusual for a player to reach mythical status when they are out (the classic we'd have won against Barcelona if Fletcher was available for the '09 final). He played in some of the our biggest defeats in the last 2 years. Also, it is difficult to play a high-line due his lack of speed.

We also played quite good football with Daley Blind in midfield and in central defense. However, time and again he got found out due to his lack of pace and strength. He wasn't a long term solution for our CB issues despite the face that Smalling and him formed a good CB pair. I feel same is the case with Martinez.

Berbaclass

I am not going to say he doesn't. But there were also a few games where he was rag dolled due his size and lack of pace. It's not unusual for a player to reach mythical status when they are out (the classic we'd have won against Barcelona if Fletcher was available for the '09 final). He played in some of the our biggest defeats in the last 2 years. Also, it is difficult to play a high-line due his lack of speed.

We also played quite good football with Daley Blind in midfield and in central defense. However, time and again he got found out due to his lack of pace and strength. He wasn't a long term solution for our CB issues despite the face that Smalling and him formed a good CB pair. I feel same is the case with Martinez.
Which games?

Any player can have an off day.

I think 99.9% of the time it's a total non issue.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Jesus, thought you'd have given up by now. But hey, power on comrade!

'haggy for life!
Given up on what, thinking Licha was and is suited to the PL? He had a standout year last season and was injured this season. You have nothing to suggest he's actually not suited to this league.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Which games?

Any player can have an off day.re he w

I think 99.9% of the time it's a total non issue.
Those were not just off days. There were a few times that his lack of height or lack of pace caused us trouble. The Brentford game at the beginning of last season, the Liverpool 7-0 and there are few other where he was struggling and ETH replaced him with Maguire when he couldn't hold on in the late stages of a game.

I am not saying he is not a good player or a warrior. However, he is not a long term CB solution for a team with big ambitions. Like I have said before, unless we get Inzaghi who plays 3 at the back, there aren't many other managers who'll have him as a regular starter at LCB for us.

Berbaclass

Those were not just off days. There were a few times that his lack of height or lack of pace caused us trouble. The Brentford game at the beginning of last season, the Liverpool 7-0 and there are few other where he was struggling and ETH replaced him with Maguire when he couldn't hold on in the late stages of a game.

I am not saying he is not a good player or a warrior. However, he is not a long term CB solution for a team with big ambitions. Like I have said before, unless we get Inzaghi who plays 3 at the back, there aren't many other managers who'll have him as a regular starter at LCB for us.
Literally everyone was shit in both of those games. We didn't lose them because Martinez is a little bit small.

His tenacity and aggression make up for his size IMO and certainly his ability on the ball.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Weird. He was outstanding last season. Our best and most consistent player I'd argue, and one of the best CB's in the league.
We were on the end of some good beatings with him in defence last season. I thought he was good but, best in the league? I'm not sure. I think our own bias makes us put him on a pedestal as our own bar had been so low.

Berbaclass

We were on the end of some good beatings with him in defence last season. I thought he was good but, best in the league? I'm not sure. I think our own bias makes us put him on a pedestal as our own bar had been so low.
Are you suggesting it was his fault?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What problems?

"We are one of the most dynamic and entertaining teams in the league at this moment"
I mean from a neutral perspective this is true. Factually true even! He didn't say you were good :D

Honestly I don't see how he could possibly still be in charge next season, just too much baggage at this point, that said I'm not sure how much of this disaster is on him. This team has had so many issues between injuries, criminal investigations, a star player disappearing act, that all that can be said for sure is this is not the guy to turn adversity around or make the best of a bad situation and keep the team afloat. Then again this is hardly a black mark - Klopp himself has had a couple subpar seasons at Liverpool under adverse conditions for example

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This poll is very different to the last. So, a lot of the people who were for sacking him in the last poll want to at least give him the chance at the final.

Are people really happy with going into a final against City with him? If you want him out anyway, surely you don't have any faith in him winning it? Why not give ourselves the best chance by getting in someone who can at least coach a coherent system?
I can only guess a lot of people are thinking we’re this long in the tooth we might as well let him see out the whole thing. He’s got us to the final he should at least get a chance to win it etc.

soapythecat

I just can't fathom why people would want him for the final beyond being polite. Under what metric do you they view ETH as having what it takes to beat City in the final? The stats this season just highlight how fecking lucky we are to be 6th and about to finish 9th maybe. Players look totally lost in ever department but people still want him to take us to Wembley - I'm amazed at how low peoples standards and expectations have fallen in support of a manager who is so clearly out of his depth it's laughable.