Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bosskeano

Agreed. They're probably just waiting for the season to end, as they did with LvG.
true...plus they don't have the structure in place yet with the new football hires so i'm sure that plays a part as well

L1nk

What's more likely happening is the decision has been made at a higher level, it just hasn't filtered down so as not to interrupt the FA Cup final. I reckon once that passes you will see swift moment on this front and the players front.

Yakuza_devils

It's not looking like it.
SJR is no Glazers. He is a self made billionaire who is known to be decisive, efficient and results oriented. I believe he already has a plan with the best in class he already identified Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
SJR is no Glazers. He is a self made billionaire who is known to be decisive, efficient and results oriented. I believe he already has a plan with the best in class he already identified Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox.
He's had since feb to act on ETH and has dragged his heels in that regard.

stevoc

It really is this now, isn't it? I have to watch, but don't actually want to.
Yeah in 30+ years of supporting I've only missed watching a game that I could watch a handful of times because of Weddings, Funerals, Christenings and 1-2 because of work.

First time in my life I'm thinking of just not watching United.

Yakuza_devils

He needs to get his team first, Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox. Then, countless meetings, discussions and plannings for way forward.

Sounding out candidates and shortlist of players, budgeting, FFP and whatnot. There are lots of things to be done.

I think ETH is just lucky we are in major transition. He will be gone end of season.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
The whole purpose of sorting out the structure above the manager is to avoid non-football people like SJR making football decisions.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
That's one hell of a long game though, don't you think? This has been rumbling on for months, way before we even got to the FA Cup Final. They've had a couple of results like the Liverpool one where they could have took the opportunity.
Oh yeah, I believe he is gone too. I am simply guessing a reason for not announcing it yet if they in fact plan on keeping him.

saivet

I'd be worried if behind the scenes United literally still haven't decided what they're going to do

If they plan to keep him, what could possibly happen in the next 10 days to change their mind and sack him? And if they plan to sack him, what could possibly happen in the next 10 days to change their mind and keep him?

They already have enough to make up their minds surely.
Yeah, if they haven't already made a decision that would be quite concerning, even despite not having the likes of Ashworth join yet.

Make the sack decision in a couple of weeks and we're on the back foot in looking for a new manager. Maybe they wouldn't go for Tuchel but he's the most obvious target and waiting a couple of weeks could see him and others become unavailable.

Teja

If Tuchel is off the table I think we’ll just keep ETH
I agree. I'm pessimistic that he will turn it around arteta style next year but rather him than guys like McKenna. Tuchel was the most obvious stand out candidate that we needed to go for.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Could have sworn I remember Jamie saying about a week ago that he's definitely staying.
Well, the trend is spot on. Hopefully, he's on 0% by the Monday after the cup final.

hobbers

Ange is presumably now sick of managing a small time club that celebrates losing, after yesterday's game. I'd say perfect time to go for him, though we're dangerously close to becoming that sort of club as well.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Ange is presumably now sick of managing a small time club that celebrates losing, after yesterday's game. I'd say perfect time to go for him, though we're dangerously close to becoming that sort of club as well.
This is a bit left field but not a bad shout. He'll be reluctant to leave his business unfinished but give it one more year at that club and he'd had enough.

Maybe if we do the stupid thing and keep EtH until he promptly bombs next season, we poach Aange when he inevitably tires of Levy's antics.

hobbers

This is a bit left field but not a bad shout. He'll be reluctant to leave his business unfinished but give it one more year at that club and he'd had enough.

Maybe if we do the stupid thing and keep EtH until he promptly bombs next season, we poach Aange when he inevitably tires of Levy's antics.
Yeah I have no doubt he's not the sort of guy to take Levy's bullshit.

Conte was spot on about Spurs and Ange will come to the same conclusion. Small time owner, small time fans. Just wants European football and to make money.

The Mitcher

Maybe a 'best in class' manager isn't available to replace him and he doesn't want to go down the interim round after how we got on with Ralf as a prime example.
This excuse just doesn't cut it, especially since we can get Tuchel or try to pry Enrique away from PSG.
Saturday he wrote an article "Lack of alternatives could lead to Erik ten Hag staying at Manchester United"
Who is worse than eth aside from southgate and potter?

Red_toad

This excuse just doesn't cut it, especially since we can get Tuchel or try to pry Enrique away from PSG.
In February? I very much doubt either of them were available, nor are they currently available. So let Erik take the team to the end of the season or go the Ralf route like I said were the options.

Irwin99

This could be another hard watch followed by an irate Caf at full-time :nervous:

I understand not starting Martinez and Rashford as they won't be fully fit but I thought Kambwala might get a start.

mu4c_20le

This could be another hard watch followed by an irate Caf at full-time :nervous:

I understand not starting Martinez and Rashford as they won't be fully fit but I thought Kambwala might get a start.
Then you still don't know our manager. He doesn't play kids unless they are obvious or forced by injury. God forbid we give kambwala some experience in another dead rubber game, and play Casemiro in his natural position.

Irwin99

Then you still don't know our manager. He doesn't play kids unless they are obvious or forced by injury. God forbid we give kambwala some experience in another dead rubber game, and play Casemiro in his natural position.
He wanted to play Mainoo from the beginning of the season and has played Garnacho and Hojlund virtually non-stop. You can criticize him for many valid reasons but implying he's not giving the youngsters minutes seems incredibly harsh. I thought Kambwala might have played but perhaps he's not fully ready either.

The Mitcher

He wanted to play Mainoo from the beginning of the season and has played Garnacho and Hojlund virtually non-stop. You can criticize him for many valid reasons but implying he's not giving the youngsters minutes seems incredibly harsh. I thought Kambwala might have played but perhaps he's not fully ready either.
You don't ignore players like them, even Mourinho continued to play Rashford.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Amad is showing him up yet again. I wouldn't mind but he was the main reason we beat Liverpool in the cup and then he subbed him afterwards.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Without the injuries, easy top 4 finish. Anyone that can't see that I don't know what else to say.

Irwin99

Not a bad first half, although some dodgy moments here and there.

the Bruno experiment seems to be working nicely

SungSam7

Can we all agree that egg head is a clown for giving Antony so many chances over Amad? The link up play and direct football he offers is the bare minimum you'd expect from an 85million pound player!?