Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 385 45.6%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 460 54.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So when has he told them to come back to training, barring I presume ones who have been on international duty, to their first tour game?

saivet

Did he basically say he doesn't care what Ralf thinks :lol:
It came across that way but I think the takeaway will be that he won't takes Ralf's word as gospel. He'll listen, as he did to LVG and others before taking the job but he'll make his own mind up.

osloDev

I think he is much better then Klopp. Kind of the same persona, but more likeable. I think we might be having a good one. He has one it in holland, same as the Bundesliga. Has a style and tactic.

I feel that Klopp is actually outdated. He has nothing really.

Skills

Snitch
I like him. Seems very brief and straightforward

I can imagine it's a bit disappointing for a lot of our fanbase who prefer the dick swinging, cults of personality who talk a good game and never actually showed anything on the pitch or training ground.

Quite refreshing. We might have a manager who remains quiet and just focuses on delivering on the pitch.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It came across that way but I think the takeaway will be that he won't takes Ralf's word as gospel. He'll listen, as he did to LVG and others before taking the job but he'll make his own mind up.
His English is clearly fairly limited. I wouldn't read anything into that. He seems fairly abrupt as a character also.

vanderpants

So I'm getting the feeling......." No value you in the transfer market" coming soon, The PR will soon roll out DVB like a new signing and promoting 3 or 4 youth players to the senior squad, then maybe 2 new signings :D Prove me wrong Richard Arnold!

Redlyn

So Varane who has won 3 La Liga’s, 4 champions leagues and the world cup was never world class?
Ok then.
Without saying he isn't, just wanted to mention winning trophies while playing for great teams doesn't automatically make you world class. We should know about such players. How world class was Wes brown for instance. The guy has like 2 CLs, 6 EPLs, domestic cups etc.

MehdiSaboori1993

I remember the sheer happiness and optimism we all felt when Ole was appointed and how we all thought finally someone who knows and loves the club is at the helm and he's not going to take any nonsense and he won't tolerate his players tarnish the name he has made for himself at this club. He faced ups and downs but ultimately managed to stop the free fall which had started right after SAF's retirement and made everyone believe he can build on the progress. But just when he needed to be ambitious and ruthless to make that extra step needed to close the gap with Liverpool and City, he became a nice and loyal friend to the players who had shown time & again they weren't Man United material by any means. Players who weren't ambitious to compete nor were they humble to cover their lack of talent and courage with hard work and effort, and ultimately when the going got tough, they threw Ole under the bus too the same way they did with Jose.

This is why ETH has to be given green light to determine the fate of every single player in that squad regardless of their contracts and the buzz around their name.He has to be ambitious enough to put himself on a mission to overtake Pep and Klopp in the next couple of seasons and in order to do that, he has to be ruthless enough to put those players in their place and make it clear for them they are not going to mess around the same way they did under Ole and Rangnick, and he has to set that culture in NOW because Klopp is staying at Anfield for another 4 years and if we don't get our act together and Pep leaves next year, then we might as well kiss a goodbye to our league title record as well because this Liverpool side will keep banging on that door with 90+ points for another couple of years at least, plus I'm sick and tired of seeing our fanbase rooting for a soulless entity like Man City every single year to stop Liverpool from shattering this record and that record while the once mighty Manchester United are wandering in wilderness.

This vicious circle has to end now...

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
I like him. Seems very brief and straightforward

I can imagine it's a bit disappointing for a lot of our fanbase who prefer the dick swinging, cults of personality who talk a good game and never actually showed anything on the pitch or training ground.

Quite refreshing. We might have a manager who remains quiet and just focuses on delivering on the pitch.
I don't think he will be this quiet during the season. He definitely will speak his mind more, but he hasn't spoken to the players yet.

NLunited

ETH is a direct and stubborn guy. Don’t be surprised if he makes decisions you don’t like or understand at first.

For example Daley Blind was one of his most important players, while most of you did not rate him.
He said he will adapt his style to suit the players at hand. We shall see, interesting times ahead.

Roger777

Personally I think Maguire could be lined up to play as a CDM under ETH. He is a solid ball player with a better passing range then MCtominay and Fred.

His lack of pace will be far less exposed if Maguire sits back, stops counter attacks and then pings the ball around for a progressive attacking play.
When I saw Maguire and Pinging the ball in the same sentence… :lol:

BlueHaze

Love how he kept saying eh, eh, after nearly every sentence in the presser. Hope he turns this sinking ship into the flying dutchman.

TOKUGAWA-X

I loved how ETH started his reign.

Maguire, Ronaldo issues solved so now lets focus on sorting out that midfield.

Olecurls99

Do people really think that 2nd place last season was an accomplishment? City were still 12 points clear of us. You know what our record last year would have gotten us this year? 5th. You know what 58 points got you last year? 11th. 2020-21 was a down year for the PL and in a down year we were still 13 points off. Chelsea were the 2nd best team last season. Would have rather had Chelsea's season than our's. won Champions League, finished 4th and went to penalties in the FA and League Cup finals.

I think this year was more of what the team actually was than last year was. I think they just had a good fortunate run in the middle of the season, they got lucky with health whereas other teams weren't.. Reminder we dropped 10 points in the last 6 matches. Imagine if City would have dropped 3 more points at any point last season it would mean that team "that finished 2nd" would have choked away a league title. But yes let's act like the current team has the frame of a team that won stuff because they finished 2nd and lost the final of the Europa and just needs some needs a few parts.. I think the level of the team got shown at the end of of last season and is still going.

Lindelof is good? Guy got bullied yesterday by Crystal Palace.
Bailly is useful? Bailly has never been useful. He's always hurt and the rare times he has been healthy he's been bad. This is the guy that got subbed in the 1st half of a CL knock out tie by a manager that was one of the worst ever at making subs. That's how bad he was in that match.
Mengi & Tuanzebe- Listing them is just pure hopium on your part. Hoping they will come good or that ETH will be able to unlock Tuanzebe whereas the previous regime couldn't because they don't know tactics just feelings and vibes and wasn't feeling Tuanzebe so they binned off and tried to sell him for 20m and got laughed at so sent him out on loan.
OK bruh. Let's sign an 8th centre back whilst we have 4 central midfielders for 3 positions. Makes sense

Roger777

100% this. His first day, he is literally going to keep the press at arms length until he knows what he wants and what is realistic for the club. The next presser when he has had time to work with some of them will be the one to read a bit more into.

Are the players off on holidays now and if so is it June 28th they are back??
Exactly.
The last thing he wants is to create any kind of shit storm with the press on Day 1. I don’t think Ten Hag will suffer fools and most of these clowns will be sussed out and shipped off before long.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No, he answered the same way he answered about talking to others before taking the job…. He listens but ultimately makes up his own mind.
He didn't really say he listens to Ralf, he's just said it's on the club. I think what he's indicating is if the club tells him to listen to Ralf then he will but if the club doesn't say anything to listen or speak to him then he might not even use Ralf.

klsv

What do you people want? We don't know which players we are able to sign and we don't know which we are able to sell. Ten Hag won't be in charge of our budget and won't be in charge of our negotiation team.

He cannot say in his first presser, before even meeting the players that they are all shite, that we meed 20 new players and ship out the same number of them.

"Your captain, well ex-captain, is shite. De Gea is a coward. You made a mistake extending that twat Bruno's contract. Ronaldo is as old as me. Rashford should feck off to politics. Sancho should feck off back Germany the wannabe kraut! McFred would do well at Go Ahead Eagles. Honestly don't know how you got second and an European final with this depressing lot!". Is that what you wanted to hear? Speaking of an open heart surgery and reboot today? Then few weeks time he meets them at Carrington and he realises he will be coaching most of them?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good presser I thought. Several journos attempted to goad him into manufacturing headlines and he gave them feck all.

Last edited:

roseguy64

He didn't really say he listens to Ralf, he's just said it's on the club. I think what he's indicating is if the club tells him to listen to Ralf then he will but if the club doesn't say anything to listen or speak to him then he might not even use Ralf.
Also, Ralf will mostly be working with Fletcher, Murtough and the new people brought into the hierarchy not directly with ETH.

JB7

Do people really think that 2nd place last season was an accomplishment? City were still 12 points clear of us. You know what our record last year would have gotten us this year? 5th. You know what 58 points got you last year? 11th.
And the award for most irrelevant stat quoted on the caf today goes to...