Our next 7 games in the league are :

Liverpool H
Southampton A
Leicester A
Arsenal H
Palace A
Leeds H
City A

Can see us losing pretty much every one of them bar Leeds.

Ten Hag to get sacked after that City game.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Liverpool H
Southampton A
Leicester A
Arsenal H
Palace A
Leeds H
City A

We don't win away games (we also don't draw them), so you can chalk those As as Ls right now. Bloody hell.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Let's bring in a manager that is not very involved in transfers and ask him to go out there and get players.

What chance did he really have this year under this shambolic and clueless board and DoF?

Of course ETH overestimated his ability and the ability of this team when any fan could have told him those lot out there have no right to wear this shirt. Of course the DoF should be the one laying this out but here we are.
That's what happens when you have John Murtough and Darren Fletcher with no pedigree between them running the show

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Liverpool H
Southampton A
Leicester A
Arsenal H
Palace A
Leeds H
City A

You reckon? Took us months to sack Solskjær and that was after getting a good thrashing from Liverpool and the fans walking out first halve. Don’t think ten Hag will be sacked, if he leaves then it’s because he’s walked. He’s the right man for us but we’ve got the wrong team for him…

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's what happens when you have John Murtough and Darren Fletcher with no pedigree between them running the show
Pretty much. I saw this coming as did many other fans. Both have no right to be those positions.

They will throw the manager under the bus and bring in Poch then it's another clean slate for the players with many PR pieces in the press on how lessons were learnt from this summer.

Amira

If Malacia doesn't start the next match, Ten hag might as well be any of the previous 2 coaches.

pascell

Liverpool H
Southampton A
Leicester A
Arsenal H
Palace A
Leeds H
City A

Southampton, Leicester and Palace will be plucky draws at best. Liverpool, Arsenal and City will be hammering and Leeds our only plausible W.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I thought it might take a while, but I had no idea how deep the rot had set in at United. We still have to play Liverpool, Chelsea City, Arsenal and Spurs twice this season. Our season could well be over by January at this rate.
Our season was over before it started

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pretty much. I saw this coming as did many other fans. Both have no right to be those positions.

They will throw the manager under the bus and bring in Poch then it's another clean slate for the players with many PR pieces in the press on how lessons were learnt from this summer.
Yup. We can all see it coming now can't we?

The fact the Glazers will be fine with it too just shows they couldn't give a crap about the club.

If I inherited a club and I had no idea what to do with it. I would, at the very least, try to get the most experienced management team in place. The fact that they can have CVs like Murtough's recommended to them and approve shows they don't give a s-t.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly

Exactly.

Set up to fail by the ineptitude of those above him, as I said a month or two back. This thread is full of people expressing the same sentiment.

Cannot believe any sensible fan who’s been following the club since Fergie left can even entertain the notion of blaming the current manager for the mess we’re in.

jesperjaap

Stop overreacting with "De Boer vibes", "ETH is already a failure" or other nonsense. It's his 2nd game in charge and he inherited a completely broken team. We have been a laughing stock for 10 years now, did you expect him to come here and magically fix it immediately? IF he manages to achieve something here (and of course there are no guarantees that he will), it will take quite some time to see progress.
I agree with what you are saying.....but there is some relevance in what people are sayign generally, if not for Ten Hag.

Though the premiership has become far more technical and about possesion football, building from the back over the last 5-7years, making it more European than before, it is still a mr eindividual league than the others.

But there has been over confidence I feel in people expecting Ten Hag and systems, coaching of these players etc etc to imrpvoe us greatly and compete. Total football and success in the dutch league doesnt gurantee it in this league, has there even been a successful dutch manager here? Also the coaching and tactival genius....Ragnick is tactically astute and intelligent, yet failed (I think it was a msitake for Ten Hag not to consult him too), Mourinho though maybe out of date was a good tactician, Van Gall was an excellent tactical manager....they all failed.

The ownership, management, state of ground, coaching has all failed over the last ten years....it all contributes.

For me the biggest determining factor over any for our failure though has been recruitment of players, keep in them and giving them new contracts and failure to sell them.

And that is what worries me currently, whether its the faiure of the negotiating team, scouts, owners or manager.....what we have done so far this window almost gurantees we stand still. Could be argued we needed 9/10 new players thsi summer, but realistically a centre back, right back, two central midfiedlers for the picot, a right winger and a striker would be the most important signings.........we have only signed a player for ONE of those positions and signed TWO for positions that werent such a priority....that is pure madness....of course Martinez may flop and the other two may excel, you still have to get the right plaeyrs, but to go 3/4 seasons now and not sign a proper central midfielders is suicidal when we have needed two for that whole time

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Lets throw another manager under the bus and keep the circus going shall we?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Donny on for the last 5. Someone edit that meme with the mask and swap EtH for OGS.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Give. Him. Time.

He's a proven, intelligent, good coach.

We have to give him 2 seasons. We need the board to come out and say that too. This is not a quick project.

mikeyt

We're at rock bottom, literally in the league! We've got 2 and half weeks to back ETH in the market and seriously overhaul this squad, but based on what he's seen from the senior players surely, he's got to be thinking the younger lads are worth a crack. Garner, Hannibal, Garnacho etc we cannot be any worse.

el3mel

We're at rock bottom, literally in the league! We've got 2 and half weeks to back ETH in the market and seriously overhaul this squad, but based on what he's seen from the senior players surely, he's got to be thinking the younger lads are worth a crack. Garner, Hannibal, Garnacho etc we cannot be any worse.
Yet he ignores all of them and chooses to play Elanga out of all people.

Coward.

MyDevil

He needs to be brave and drop the seniors, including the captain in the next game.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yup. We can all see it coming now can't we?

The fact the Glazers will be fine with it too just shows they couldn't give a crap about the club.

If I inherited a club and I had no idea what to do with it. I would, at the very least, try to get the most experienced management team in place. The fact that they can have CVs like Murtough's recommended to them and approve shows they don't give a s-t.
That's because they're actually awful business men. Under their leadership this club, their biggest asset, is sinking in every sense. They're just riding along thinking it's fine.

That's the advantage of being miles away in a different timezone with little to no media attention.

Only hope here is someone comes in with offer and the fans put enough pressure on them to sell.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He's not gonna last long if he thinks Maguire and Dalot should be starting for us.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I can’t believe that people are really writing him off, especially since we’ve seen how this squad crumbles under pressure regardless of who the manager is.

Short-term criticism is alright, he barely did anything right man-management-wise, but we’re yet to see how he would proceed to implement his vision.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
At least give the youngsters some chances you coward.
I dont know if its fair to throw them in a PL game when you’re 4-0 down. Dont get me wrong, we have nothing to loose. But I would rather start youngsters with absolutely no PL experience the next game. And I really hope EtH does that from start next game.

Would like to see Savage, Iqbal and maybe Hannibal from start!

Shark

@NotShark
Give. Him. Time.

He's a proven, intelligent, good coach.

We have to give him 2 seasons. We need the board to come out and say that too. This is not a quick project.
I believe ETH has been royally screwed over, but it's not realistic to expect the club to give him two years no matter what. We've conceded six goals in two games scoring a single goal against Brighton and Brentford. That's utterly shocking coming off the back of last season.

Dinghy

Not getting any response from the players in the second half is more worrying than having Brentford score 4 in the first half. Looks like a case of right guy for the wrong job. He'll be gone before November comes.

AndySmith1990

While I fully support him and believe the squad is a tumescent barrel of rancid shit, he doesn't do himself any favours with some of the predictable and uninspiring decisions he makes. He plays it a bit safe for my liking

Jacob

Downed tools already. It is clear that he will struggle to motivate this lot.