Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

Votes: 376 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 1,043 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedTiger

Half mast
Chelsea is going to sign Felix on loan and we are going for cheap option in Wout.

This could be the different between finishing Top 4 or not. We are really short in quality and quantity in attacking side.
Yep. Chelsea signing a player they don't actually need and us signing a player we do need, that well could be the difference in finishing in the top 4.

Isafim

He's doing an excellent job. We now look like a real team and not a bunch running around with no coordination like we were before he arrived. He has what it takes to become our best coach since the SAF era. I think he took some lessons from the first game against City and now he has a better plan. The team is already more like him. I hope the bald guys' tactical duel is a lot of fun to watch. A win would be wonderful right now.

Strelok

I have a horrible feeling we're going to get twatted back to reality on Saturday. Let's be honest we've been City's whipping boys for years now. I can only hope ETH is going to change that now.
He will don't worry. ETH was new to the league and a bit naive last time. He has to learn from that. And we've been improving a lot since.

Have some very positive feeling here and actually is looking forward Sat. Been a very loooong time I could say this going into a match against City I think.

Anustart89

Pretty sure I made a thread about Ten Hag potential before everyone else. Although I also can't find the thread now can't remember the title!!! Still it’s nice to see everyone agrees now that I was both right and first.
I think I was the first to notice his potential when I saw him swim towards that egg back in 1969. Just can’t remember where I put the notepad that I jotted down my thoughts in.

Glorio

City on their game can take anyone out comprehensively. I'm not sure this one off game tells us anything definitive whether we win or lose.
If we win, doesn't mean we're better than City or even close, if we lose, it doesn't mean we haven't improved.
The trend of results and performances is surely the better indicator of progress.

Real Name

20 wins in 27 games, what a job this man is doing.

Sure, he hasnt recommended about 45 players like Ralf or mentioned open heart surgery but still not too bad, aint it.

Conor

I posted a thread about how we should try and get him as manager many months before we signed him and Ole was still at the wheel. I got slaughtered :lol: specially by the Ole in lot.
So glad I was right.
These have to be the most painful posts to read on the forum.

Cloud7

These have to be the most painful posts to read on the forum.
To be fair, during that time, any promising up and coming manager whose focus was attacking football was called a hipster manager and not any better than Ole. It was a very annoying time if you were not of that opinion.

TheReligion

Abusive
Pretty sure I made a thread about Ten Hag potential before everyone else. Although I also can't find the thread now can't remember the title!!! Still it’s nice to see everyone agrees now that I was both right and first.
Most high potential posters do suffer with memory loss though.

It’s the creative genius waiting to burst out from within.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I was telling people we should get ten Hag when he was McClaren's assistant
I said it when EtH's mom conceived, that one day your son will become ManUtd manager, actually the exact words were "You will give birth to a son, who will be bald very soon and he should become ManUtd manager".

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I said it when EtH's mom conceived, that one day your son will become ManUtd manager, actually the exact words were "You will give birth to a son, who will be bald very soon and he should become ManUtd manager".
To which she responded "Wie is deze kerel? Haal hem hier weg!"

MattyLT

I think I was the first to notice his potential when I saw him swim towards that egg back in 1969. Just can’t remember where I put the notepad that I jotted down my thoughts in.
I was an ETH in champion before anyone else and I dont care if anyone says that's not true.
So it seems I'm the only one who can document the amazing powers of my third eye so far. On October 28, 2021 I said this:

As long as the next manager is named something in the region of "Juup Hägelkeutel", I'm happy with that. Ten Haag sounds quality.

Varun

Staff
We've got a winner unless someone knew when Mr Haag Sr was railing Mrs Haag Sr from behind

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Will likely dip over the next week, but he has something like a 75% win rate for us after almost 30 games. Given the state he picked us up in, he's been absolutely incredible thus far. Really hope we continue to back him financially despite the uncertainty going around club ownership.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Jokes on all you lot, I specifically remember bigging Erik Ten Hag up back in 2015 when I was suffering from a small bout of alopecia

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Those stats from this season in the PL and his last one in the Eredivisie.
Pinched this from the Antony thread. Obviously ETH will ultimately carry the can for the success/failure of this signing (and I’m still hopeful he’ll turn out a big success) but it’s fair to say he’s performing well below the level ETH would hope to see. Throw in Sancho’s nightmare season (so far) the Ronaldo debacle, Martial being more or less constantly injured and Elanga playing consistently badly and it’s an absolute fecking miracle our win % is as high as it is.

Despite our absolute shambles of a squad in an attacking sense, ETH has somehow found a way to create a team that consistently wins football matches. Which is remarkable, when you think about it.

Red_Heisenberg

We've got a winner unless someone knew when Mr Haag Sr was railing Mrs Haag Sr from behind
He was conceived via IVF and my dad was the one to conduct it. He took me to work that day and when he seminated the egg, I spoke to the petri dish and proclaimed you will be the manager of Manchester United one day. This forum didn't exist then, so I just wrote it down on a note pad.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Real Name

I'm not your fan, far from it, but I wish you luck.

GueRed

Some big challenges coming up.

So far he's done well.

I think we'll know more about this ten Hag team by the end of January...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pinched this from the Antony thread. Obviously ETH will ultimately carry the can for the success/failure of this signing (and I’m still hopeful he’ll turn out a big success) but it’s fair to say he’s performing well below the level ETH would hope to see. Throw in Sancho’s nightmare season (so far) the Ronaldo debacle, Martial being more or less constantly injured and Elanga playing consistently badly and it’s an absolute fecking miracle our win % is as high as it is.

Despite our absolute shambles of a squad in an attacking sense, ETH has somehow found a way to create a team that consistently wins football matches. Which is remarkable, when you think about it.
Antony does a lot of off the ball work. Even if his attacking output dries up he's still contributing and drawing defenders away.

He still has the ability to score out of nothing like last night, so you can't afford to be lazy and give him space. Obviously We do expect him to tidy up and start delivering more assists, but so far we are a better team with him in it than without IMO.