g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

edgecutter

No he wouldn’t. He’d find it more difficult, obviously, but he wouldn’t fail in this manner.
Tell me why he wouldnt fail.

This club can't sell players properly and has major issues with building a proper recruitment team. Our training facilities have fallen behind everyone else and we give bankers key jobs instead of proper candidates. United could easily buy in Brighton's coaching, recruitment and analysist teams if we wanted, but the people in charge are feckjing shit. Even Klopp saw what a mess we were and refused to be our manager.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
What kind of football did Ajax play while he was in charge? Worries me the football is just as bad as it under Jose and Ole. It was clear Brighton knew they weren't losing that game today
We scored nearly double the number of goals under Ole compared to ETH

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Jesus Christ this fanbase is insufferable.
One of the reasons we struggle to hold on to managers. ETH has made some mistakes for sure, but most managers would struggle to succeed under this spotlight given the daily fanbase scrutiny.

Greck

Then you'll have people up in arms about not backing the manager when the DoF doesn't sign every single Eredivise player the manager wants
That's because the story isn't supposed to end at just telling the manager no. Rather The Dof is to say no, while also bringing smart solutions by their own expertise.

ESR10

Supports
Arsenal
After 3 defeats United is out of the title chase. And it could have been 5 defeats in fairness.
Keep please.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Indeed. Bringing in De Zerbi (A manager I do actually like) will do feck all. The club isn't structured well enough.

It doesn't excuse all of ETH's shortcomings but nothing will drastically change by getting rid of him
It will. Everyone at the club hides behind the club structure and the Glazers for their failures. A better coach will have better results. I don’t think that requires over-complication. Brighton’s players are clearly coached better than ours. Let’s not blame that on our clubs lawyer.

Glorio

The man took us from 7th to 3rd with a trophy to boot. I still firmly back him

Rustyspider13

The least I expect of the team is to match the opponent's work ethic. I'm not seeing that at all. If the experienced players aren't able to keep up, take them out for younger ones who can. The worst case scenarios are already happening. Might as well see if any one of the young ones can step up.

cj_sparky

I don't want to keep on sacking managers, I'd like to still give him time to turn things around. However performances going back to last season are starting to become a worry and his decisions today seemed baffling. He is also relying on players who continue to underperform but don't suffer the consequences of being dropped.

Sack him and bring in Nagelsmann as long as he is available
He's still employed by Bayern and on "Gardening Leave", with a contract until 2026.

Robbie Boy

He has not been clearly a better Manchester United manager than Ole. There is no objective way that anyone can say he has, except they are filling in blanks with hope and imagination. We score no goals and are a poor attacking side under Ten Hag. We were a threat under Ole at least, even against good sides, and all of that aside - the league tables will tel you that Ten Hag is not clearly better at all, except having been more heralded when he arrived.
Ole was tragic. Criticise ETH all you like, but trying to pretend Ole was anything other than terrible is hilarious. ETH managed more points than Ole ever did and actually won something. Even at that, his first season was only decent, nothing more. So, Ole's 'best' season, is even lesser than that. We also beat big sides under ETH last season.

MonkeysMagic

We are cursed as a club, sacking and hiring another manager (like we can ever get the decision right!) Isn't going to do anything.

I've given up on the leeching fecking off, so it's looking very depressing how anything positive can come out of it. Watching Brighton teach us a footballing lesson today is just soul destroying but I doubt the players give a shit.

marktan

Said it before - good manager but bad in the transfer market. Tuchel syndrome.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I just don’t know what/who we’d get in to replace him, it’s a poison chalice and a career ending job for most, not sure there are many out there who’d want to take the job at this point.

Ace of Spades

Keep. The first thing to improve needs to be our owners and decision makers. The recruitment team needs to start earning their wages, and not having the manager need to be our scout as well. Need to get a proper structure at the club before changing managers. The same cycle will keep repeating till that happens.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I'm not saying sack him.
But I wonder how long it would take De Zerbi to get us to play 3 passes in a row without losing the ball.

Donut

He doesn’t seem to really have a plan, he’s just kinda winging it.

Someone

Something
I feel it's a more of a players issue rather than a manager one. You can fault him for brining in players that have failed to make a difference, but I just don't see another manager coming in and doing any better with this group of players. We need to get our transfers right first. As long as we have clowns running this club it won't matter who's the manager.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Course not. If us being shite means the Glazers all the better.

I also don't see a viable replacement out there to deal with this mess.

Cathy Ferguson

First time I've started to question whether we're on to another false Dawn.

Though part of me thinks it doesn't matter who manages us with the Glazers around
Of course it matters. Only a clueless clown will play Eriksen and Casemiro in CM and then buy Mount.

DrBenjamin

Supports
Ajax
Eth is the most overhyped manager ever. Playing weghorst as a number 10 should be a clear sign of his tactical clueness

At Ajax it was no difference. Who the hell subs an inexperienced/unfit player in, in the most most important game in forever..the cl semi final against spurs. Mallagan was subbed in, last minutes. It was him who the made the mistake in the last minute that saw spurs scoring the winning. Before being sub in the spurs..before that all together he must've played 10minutes in total all last minutes subs.

Who does that??? Same with the Eth experiment at Ajax. Promes playing at 10, labyad as striker. Absolute disgrace having those two players playing that position. It went on for matches that because of his stubborn. End of his last season at Ajax he played Haller as a right wing. A tall long striker with no speed, no passing, no dribbling.

Ohh yea and his second season at Ajax saw on the worst run in club history defeat after defeat. He was only saved by Corona, since that ended the season earlier.

Theres such along list of dumb/clueless/stubborn and ohh yea let's not forget his subs. Ask any Ajax fan about his subs. Absolute the most overhyped manager

Judas

Open to offers
It will. Everyone at the club hides behind the club structure and the Glazers for their failures. A better coach will have better results. I don’t think that requires over-complication. Brighton’s players are clearly coached better than ours. Let’s not blame that on our clubs lawyer.
How can you still think this after all the managers we’ve gone through? The only consistent is the shit show upstairs.

Shark

@NotShark
We are cursed as a club, sacking and hiring another manager (like we can ever get the decision right!) Isn't going to do anything.

I've given up on the leeching fecking off, so it's looking very depressing how anything positive can come out of it. Watching Brighton teach us a footballing lesson today is just soul destroying but I doubt the players give a shit.
The only reasonable response from this point is win/lose/draw it doesn't matter, the Glazers need to go. No sugar coating over it anymore. Even if we win our next 5 games straight including beating Bayern on their own patch. Our stance shouldn't change.

Von Mistelroum

Don't think it matters to be honest. There's something deeply wrong at the club and no manager or new signings are going to fix it. The club is rotten and, while it does look like EtH is a little out of his depth with terrible lineups and subs, no other manager has looked any more competent either.

The club is on the Maguire level of banter and I suspect we'll be finishing mid-table if we're lucky. We rely on our manager to choose our transfer targets and don't look like we're interested in changing that situation either. It's going to be a good few years of this at least, regardless of who is the manager.

sepulturite

I think everything that's gone on and is going on at the club has massively affected him and the players this season, and I don't think he'll turn it around to be honest.

Which is proper shit because I don't think it matters who we get in, the same problems at this club will be there, so you can all cry out for De Zerbi (for example) but it won't matter, it'll be shit for whoever comes in too.

Need to get rid of the glazers, simple as that.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I would keep, but as I said elsewhere, he needs new owners who will get a DOF if he likes it or not. While the Glazers are here we are going nowhere, also who would someone bring in. You could name anybody, but then like at Brighton you need players who are willing to listen and adapt to a system and play it to the maximum. Do our players do that? They might come out and say they enjoy the training but then it does not materialise on the pitch where it matters in the end.

Revan

Assumptionman
We have been shocking since the League Cup and there are at least 5, probably 10, better managers than hints

On the other hand, managing a club is not a 1-person job, so while having a better manager would help, it won’t lead the club to trophies.

We need a hard reset starting from the parasites at the top, to Murtough and the inexistent football structure he pretended to build, to ten Hag and to the deadwood players (half of which were signed by ten Hag and the football structure whose job is supposed to be to helping ten Hag by preventing him doing insane signings).

So, while not a fan of ten Hag at all, I do not think much changes if we replace him. We get deluded that the next manager is the best thing, almost right there with Pep and Klopp, that he is one of the young promising managers (despite that he is older than Pep), but after a couple of months the reality hits and we realized that we are shit again.

At this stage, the best case scenario is that we continue being awfully shit and that INEOS withdraws their bid, making Glazers panic and sell to Qatar. Otherwise, we will be here in another 1, 2 or 5 seasons.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ole was tragic. Criticise ETH all you like, but trying to pretend Ole was anything other than terrible is hilarious. ETH managed more points than Ole ever did and actually won something. Even at that, his first season was only decent, nothing more. So, Ole's 'best' season, is even lesser than that. We also beat big sides under ETH last season.
Yeah but we won away from home with Ole

RedIan

I still back ETH, we cant just keep changing managers every other year. Imagine we sack him bring in Dezerbi and he suddenly struggles… what then? Who ever is manager seems to struggle Under this regime.
ETH has to reassess his tactics and plans which seem to be high press or bust.

Lets not forget Brighton are a very good team and beating all before them atm. They are not far off city as a passing team, 6 changes today and they still played brilliantly.

cj_sparky

I've been quite happy to give him time, but performances have been poor for a while and we are a terrible watch more often than not.

I worried for him after a few games last season, felt he could go the way of de Boer and the start to this season is worse.

We are lucky to have any points on the board in all honesty.

ShoePolish

Keep. He deserves far more than couple of poor games into his 2nd season after what he achieved in his 1st.

DON’T PANIC ™

Starting to waiver. Playing too many out of position is costing us. Sticking with out of form players instead of giving youngsters a decent chance.

Son

Sack him and bring in Nagelsmann as long as he is available
I always wanted Nagelsmann. He’s gonna hit the big time at some club in his career.

One average stint at Bayern isn’t a reason to write him off. He went there a bit young and hopefully learned some lessons.