g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

spwd

Bayern hiring him as a head coach could be a stroke of genius. They'd be gaining thousands of new fans who would be taking their services to Bavaria with him.

This is more than just a managerial appointment. Think of the financial gains they could make.
Yup, Berba, plant, NL, benito etc better start learning German for their new forum. :lol:

Fallon d'Floor

As I said, we were gassed. 2-0 up but got overrun in the second half. It happens.
Happens to ten Hag a lot.

2-1 up vs Benfica in Lisbon. Draw 2-2 and then lost the home leg 1-0. 2 goals without reply.

2-0 up vs Sevilla and then conceded 5 goals without reply.

Spursy.

Waynne

I mean i dont mind some debate but theres a lot of people that go on and on and are convinced their opinion is the only right one. Floods the chat
I had that experience a few times. I can understand there are posters more knowledgeable on the club and football in general and have some valid points but sometimes they engage in a sarcastic way which I don't appreciate. I'm always happy to be corrected but also I have opinions of my own on the limited time I get to watch my team play. I'm in New Zealand so the games usually start very early in the morning. Some weekends I can get away with watching a match depending on the start time.

Anyways I still like this forum a lot and visit daily and have no problem with anyone.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
If he stays no doubt we will still be seeing the likes of Antony, AWB, Obama, Maguire & Casemiro starting in the first game of next season.
Who ever is manger most of them will still be here next season.
can see Casemiro maybe going to Saudi. Good chance none of the rest leave with the size of there contracts.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
As I said we can all describe it how we want. Many games where we've struggled to score, we've only won 4 games all season by more than 1 goal. There's only been 7 games in the league where we've scored 3 or more goals. Our current goal difference is +1 after 34 games. We're the lowest scorers in the top half of the table. All 7 teams above us have scored 20-40 goals more than us.

How I'd describe that is Limp.
I said since end of Jan so absolutely no point chucking stats around for the whole season. Also winning games by more than one is a useless stat for looking at solely attacking

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Let‘s not pretend Tottenham deserved to win that tie. They took advantage of a gassed team.
No idea what your point is here. Or maybe you didn’t mean to respond to my post?

I was simply saying Ajax are not the sort of club that Spurs should not be expected to beat. So people crying that they lost to a Spurs side that also knocked out City need to wake the feck up

Yakuza_devils

Let him go to Bayern Munich. I think his style of play could work in Bundesliga and Europe like what he did at Eredivisie. The pace, intensity and physicality are very different with PL.

msjmohd83

surely ETH's team would say yes to Bayern Munich if the reports are true? next season is his last year of his contract and there's no guarantee the season would get better

Zumbi

Right so INEOS are incompetent if they choose to keep him, only the mighty redcafe posters know best.

Ineos have barely been here a few months by the way, let alone years.
Well yes. Because he's not very good. The whole country seems to have figured that out, except for a handful of posters here.

the_cliff

Let him go to Bayern Munich. I think his style of play could work in Bundesliga and Europe like what he did at Eredivisie. The pace, intensity and physicality are very different with PL.
Of course it will work. ETH will do well at Bayern because he'll simply have better players.

Zumbi

You are aware that it's literally entirely different people now right?
So what? I don't care if there are some new faces on board - I'm still not going to assume their competency. They have to actually show it, and if they don't get rid of a manager this poor then it already raises questions.

Yakuza_devils

Of course it will work. ETH will do well at Bayern because he'll simply have better players.
Well, best of luck to him and BM. We need to find a manager suitable for PL to have any chance of finishing Top 4 next season let alone challenge for PL.

Next season we have City, Arsenal, Pool, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, Villa to compete with. 8 very good teams in PL.

sparx99

Who ever is manger most of them will still be here next season.
can see Casemiro maybe going to Saudi. Good chance none of the rest leave with the size of there contracts.
AWB is a fairly easy sell I should think. He’ll only have 1yr left come the summer.

sparx99

So what? I don't care if there are some new faces on board - I'm still not going to assume their competency. They have to actually show it, and if they don't get rid of a manager this poor then it already raises questions.
We haven’t actually appointed a director of football yet. As much as I’m ready to move on from Ten Hag the last thing I’d want is a rushed appointment.

Perhaps between Berrarda, Blanc and Wilcox they could make a decision but the whole point of modernising by bringing in a top tier DOF is so that we don’t make big mistakes that set us back further.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We have lost 12 league games this season, City have lost 8, Arsenal 11, Liverpool 13 in 2 seasons combined.

We have scored 110 league goals in 2 seasons, City have scored 87 this season alone, last season they scored 94, Arsenal 88.

We have lost more games this season than Arsenal and City did in 2 seasons combined.
We have struggled to outscore Arsenal and City in 2 seasons combined compared to their one season

Unbelievable lows achieved but somehow we have fans who think we should give him one more season.

Cloud7

This is probably the first time in my life I’m hoping one of our staff gets poached by another club :lol:

croadyman

We should target a young manager around 40 to start new project which will be implemented in the next 4-6 years. If successful, the manager can continue on for many years with the team and himself reaching their prime, and keep evolving.
Who would you be targeting?

gajender

Who would you be targeting?
McKenna name should be in discussion , as well as likes of Hoeneß, Motta , Amorim wouldn't mind taking punt on Ireola , O' Neil from PL either .
There are others as well whom I would take ahead of Ten Hag starting next season .

Lyng

We have lost 12 league games this season, City have lost 8, Arsenal 11, Liverpool 13 in 2 seasons combined.

We have scored 110 league goals in 2 seasons, City have scored 87 this season alone, last season they scored 94, Arsenal 88.

We have lost more games this season than Arsenal and City did in 2 seasons combined.
We have struggled to outscore Arsenal and City in 2 seasons combined compared to their one season

Unbelievable lows achieved but somehow we have fans who think we should give him one more season.
Not to mention the amount of shots on our goal each match.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Baffles me that people think by changing the manager we’ll all of a sudden be in the hunt for top 4, like one person will make the difference and be able to turn the team around.

Our problems run far deeper than the manager, any manager coming in at the end of the season will have a tough year next year, there’s no quick fix to the problems we’re facing.

Every manager we’ve had over the past 10 years has become the scapegoat for the way the club has been run. The story this week about the IT room being a mess is a small example of standards across the club, changing the manager is nibbling around the edges and just deals with a symptom not cause.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
AWB is a fairly easy sell I should think. He’ll only have 1yr left come the summer.
Maybe but he is on a large wage, minimal fee, can definitely see him seeing out his contract.
but whatever happens 80-90% of this squad will be the same next season.