g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
So hard to judge, the squad is weak at full strength but with these injuries it's impossible.
That being said, surely he could have gotten some legs on the pitch even if it was from the youth setup. To start Eriksen in midfield whilst you have Casemiro and Evans at CB is beyond belief.
Is it that hard to judge?

Holland
Garnacho Mount Antony
Eriksen Mainoo
Wan-Bissaka Casemiro Evans Dalot
Onana​

There’s a few injuries, but nowhere near enough to explain being conceding four goals to Crystal Palace by 66 minutes.

Roboc7

Surely he has to go tonight if it stays like this or heaven forbid Palace score more?
It’s the first time where I think it’s actually possible,
still seems unlikely but it’s now obvious to anyone and everyone that is untenable for him to be here next season.

soapythecat

Sacked tonight. Fletcher in until end of season. Players briefed that their positions are on the line (not that they give a feck it seems). I do t think it could get worse. You could set up a basic 442 at Wembley and say hit them on the break and probably do better than this.

SER19

Genuine question did anyone look at the back line available tonight and think “we’re going to do well today?”
i thought we'd lose. but i thought we'd look someway coached and not get absolutely pasted by crystal palace.

thestumper

I can’t believe people have voted for this fella to stay, he should have been sacked at the end of October.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just in case there was any doubt in the hierarchies minds, tonight has rubber stamped it.
This is Palace for goodness sake. Yes we have a few out but we're not against worldies.

Malone_Post

I’ve been ten Hag out since September and I haven’t been proven wrong. He should have been sacked months ago and we’d have had a chance at CL qualification still.

Not sure I even want him to manage the cup final at this point.
The only people that should want him to manage the cup final are City fans. The fact that so many are happy to give him a final game as if we’re some sort of charity shows how far standards and expectations have fallen.

At any other ‘big club’ ETH would have been hounded out months ago. At United we have fans openly calling for him on to get another season.

It’s fecking tragic.

Revan

Assumptionman
Genuine question did anyone look at the back line available tonight and think “we’re going to do well today?”
Not surprised at all. I was expecting exactly this. And I expect even worse in the remaining four matches.

We have a manager who will be remembered as one of the worst ever managers in the history of EPL. Defeats like this are routine and completely predictable.

hobbers

No, knowing who the manager was, who favours playing football without a midfield.

A normal competent manager would do fine because they'd play a low block and counter attack tonight. Maybe lose narrowly at worst.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Easily the worst manager I've seen at this club. He's nowhere near as good Moyes and Ole did better with the squad than this guy has

Jev

This feels like the end, doesn’t it? Surely his position becomes untenable after this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really putting ineos in a tricky position here
Not really. Makes their decision needed absolutely clear.

If we'd have scraped 5th when that may have got champions league , that would have been a difficult position.

Josep Dowling

There was a time when Jose was 7th in the league and we lost 2-0 to Liverpool away. That wasn’t deemed good enough and he got the sack the next day. Look how far we have fallen. That was deemed failure back then, what are we now!

RedRover

The only thing he could do is play Amrabat instead of Eriksen, and Amrabat can barely even run. No one else is available, have you seen the bench options?
Who wanted Amrabat?

And it’s not just the players he’s picking, it’s how he’s setting them up. It’s been like this for months.

Absolutely shambolic.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
So hard to judge, the squad is weak at full strength but with these injuries it's impossible.
That being said, surely he could have gotten some legs on the pitch even if it was from the youth setup. To start Eriksen in midfield whilst you have Casemiro and Evans at CB is beyond belief.
I agree, why not use the youth setup. Some of our only decent performers this season (it's not many) are youth players. I really don't understand it.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Crystal Palace look so much better organised and better coached than this United team. ETH has taken us to a new low.

KGBhoy

Sack him before the cup final. We might get the new manager bounce

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You can see why over 50% of people want him to manage the final, Erik is a great entertainer.