g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

spwd

We'd sack him tomorrow and have an interim in place for the cup final. It's a fecking cup final against our rivals, what the feck is wrong with us that we are willing to just give up before we've even kicked a ball? Yes it's unlikely either way, but it's pathetic to keep ten hag going into that game.
Plus he doesn't fecking deserve it.

Njord

Complaining about missing a lot of defenders. How about setting up deep and compact, and counter attack?

Could have lined up with:

Onana
Dalot AWB Evans Jackson Anthony
Mount Casemiro Mainoo
Garnacho Höjlund
And just focus on not exposing Evans and Casemiro in big open spaces.

skc_18

Dont think he will be here next season.
Injuries aside, his signings turned out to be very poor.

Djemba-Djemba

Sheffield United are genuinely the only other team you could say are coached worse than us. It's sheer madness.
Are they coached worse than us though? Or are they just a collection of really shit players out of their depth?

I think they're the worse team, but we're the worst coached. We beat them the other week because of individual brilliance from Bruno, nothing else.

RedDevilQuebecois

He knows he's gone. Won't be surprised if he resigns tomorrow. We've done a lot of stupid things over the years so let's just get Keane in as interim to see what happens. :lol:
No problem with that. He gets the job for 3 games and he doesn't have to rip his contract at Sky Sports beyond this month.

Players need to see that glare of his from within 5 meters at least once in their lifetimes.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Probably the most annoying thing out of this period is I got banned several times just for being negative about the guy, just to be proven absolutely right about him later on. No one will get me these needless warning points back.

Not like I want to post on RedCafe again after the way I was treated here but it's funny how out of all our post Ferguson coach, I got banned for being negative about the worst of them all.

Oh well, just wanted to say that, which will probably be the last time I ever post here.
Literally got banned because I defended myself against accusations of homophobia in another thread.

Honestly, freedom of speech is only present when the herd decides to change direction.

Robbie Boy

Are they coached worse than us though? Or are they just a collection of really shit players out of their depth?

I think they're the worse team, but we're the worst coached. We beat them the other week because of individual brilliance from Bruno, nothing else.
I would say they are coached worse yeah but it's close tbf.

mu4c_20le

Been saying this for ages. The medical team can only give advice but the manager has the final say. No way they keep approving our players just returning from injury back into his high intensity chaosball.

Gordon S

Odd that half this forum still wants more humiliation in the remaining 4 games!
Is it just pure masochism or is there still belief that Erik will turn it around at the 11th hour and figure out what he is doing wrong?

Bwuk

Complaining about missing a lot of defenders. How about setting up deep and compact, and counter attack?

Could have lined up with:

Onana
Dalot AWB Evans Jackson Anthony
Mount Casemiro Mainoo
Garnacho Höjlund
And just focus on not exposing Evans and Casemiro in big open spaces.
Agreed. He could have changed it as well when it obviously wasn’t working.

I understand the injuries. But feck me, his game management is terrible.

Ollie Derbyshire

Who? Ogunneye? Jackson? I'd rather not give an 18 year old, who's only in the squad to make up the numbers, a debut into this shit show.
Well you could and set up the rest of the team to you know, actually protect them for a change.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Who? Ogunneye? Jackson? I'd rather not give an 18 year old, who's only in the squad to make up the numbers, a debut into this shit show.
Well then we suffer playing out of form players out of position. The kids need to make a debut and will eventually HAVE to play in situations like this, otherwise why give them experience? Mainoo and Garnacho are doing it at only a year or two older.

Unam333

Jamie Carragher just called us the worst coached team in the Premier League and I can't argue with that. I've not seen anything to suggest that Ten Hag should still be here next season.
Was it "the worst" or "one of the worst"?

Anyway, it was telling the way McLaren was sitting there just shaking his head and looking down.

Well then we suffer playing out of form players out of position. The kids need to make a debut and will eventually HAVE to play in situations like this, otherwise why give them experience? Mainoo and Garnacho are doing it at only a year or two older.
It depends. Are the kids really good enough or were they there on the bench just to make the numbers?
I think it's the latter, therefore there is no need to give them debuts.

NZT-One

I just can’t really explain what has happened at United this season. Every single person can see how open we are, we had game after game in the CL where we conceded 3+ goals, Carragher did multiple videos on MNF about our crazy style and yet nothing seems to change. Surely fans would have more sympathy about injuries if the manager was trying to do adjust things and falling a little bit short. This feels like he is trying to get sacked
Not trying to spin the whole thing in any way, it certainly is a mess but I think, the reason for the bolded part is, that ETH gambled and it backfired. I think he said in the interview that he didn't want to adjust the team because it might disrupt the team and he would have to disrupt it again once a few injured players are back. It makes sense to a degree but it really backfired by more and more injuries along the line. We are as open as we are, because he wants us to attack the opponent early to force errors. It makes sense theoretically but it falls short when the backline isn't pushing up to compress the space. But that isn't happening due to the personel we have there... And the result is we get the worst of both worlds, a midfield that is open as feck due to the attackers and often at least one midfielder pushing up but the pressure we can apply is limited because there is always space to play the ball into midfield.

soapythecat

When ETH came in, many of us acknowledged that much of the playing staff needed replacing. If we were in a position we are in now but the defeats were because we were properly at teams and not conceding 20+ shots a game and totally easy to beat, then I’d be all up for giving him time and trusting a process we could see happening. But I can’t remember the last full 90 minutes where I’ve thought we played really well. Outside of been lucky some of our defeats could have been real hammerings. Please for the love of anything replace him before the final. Tomorrow in fact.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Been saying this for ages. The medical team can only give advice but the manager has the final say. No way they keep approving our players just returning from injury back into his high intensity chaosball.
Ofcourse Evans was asked if we could still play. Just like players use injections to delay surgery. We're relying on Casemiro as the other cb. What was our options, Amrabat and Casemiro together?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think the percentages changed again :lol:

Bizarrely, before yet another humiliation, over half the forum wanted us to waste a final on him. Seems a few changed their minds.

I can't believe he's still here. Had we got an interim in, we could have stood a chance in the final. As things stand, you'd expect us to be swept aside like nothing by City.
I can proudly say I've been wanting him out for close to a year now :D

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
That sounds like something that would be grounds to terminate your contract...

spwd

Probably the most annoying thing out of this period is I got banned several times just for being negative about the guy, just to be proven absolutely right about him later on. No one will get me these needless warning points back.

Not like I want to post on RedCafe again after the way I was treated here but it's funny how out of all our post Ferguson coach, I got banned for being negative about the worst of them all.

Oh well, just wanted to say that, which will probably be the last time I ever post here.
Sorry to hear that.

Winrar

I think the percentages changed again :lol:

Bizarrely, before yet another humiliation, over half the forum wanted us to waste a final on him. Seems a few changed their minds.

I can't believe he's still here. Had we got an interim in, we could have stood a chance in the final. As things stand, you'd expect us to be swept aside like nothing by City.
I’ve been on the sack column since this particular poll was posted and ETH has predictably done nothing to change my mind.

diarm

Him using all the injuries isn’t the excuse he thinks it is. He’s the manager and it’s his job to manage his resources.

If I manage a Tesco and I have 3 lads who stock my shelves, when I send 2 of them on holiday at the same time and then the third calls sick, I don’t get to say it’s bad luck when there is nobody to make sure there’s food to sell on the shelves - I just get fired for being a shite manager.

He has two left backs out on loan which was his decision to ratify last summer. He has youth players who couldn’t be worse than Wan-Bissaka.

He had 8 players he signed available to him today, plus Mainoo and Garnacho. There are no excuses for that result.

In reality he should have never worked another day for this club after shipping 7 to Liverpool, but we can’t keep allowing these standards to slide. If he’s still in the job this time tomorrow the message it sends about what is acceptable at the club is piss poor.

stevoc

Sheffield United are genuinely the only other team you could say are coached worse than us. It's sheer madness.
Yeah and if not for the fact we have a team of internationals that have cost hundreds of millions to assemble we'd probably be down there with them.

crossy1686

career ending
It wouldn't be entirely fair but we've thrown forwards in like Rashford and Garnacho when we've been desperate. If they're good enough to play for United we'll see glimpses of something, a clean sheet isn't expected.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think there is no upside to play Evans and/or Casemiro. They're both finished as footballers, if a youth CB plays and has the same terrible game as them, at least in the medium and long, it could work towards his development.