F1 2018 Season

F-Red

He has also had a lot of help from his teammate.
Not as much as you're insinuating. However i'm open to some facts on this. Tell me where in 2018, bar an obvious move in Russia, has he had a lot of help from his team mate that has given him the world title?

from a personal point of view I don’t like the bloke, never have and never will.
I don't think you needed to say that, it was painfully obvious from your first post.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
He has also had a lot of help from his teammate. I’m not saying the bloke doesn’t deserve the title, in recent weeks he has blown Seb away who has simply bottled under the pressure but from a personal point of view I don’t like the bloke, never have and never will.
Gotta take the scraps where you can find 'em I suppose.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
This title should have gone to the wire. The Mercedes pit wall is no better than the Ferrari one. Hope we can get Verstappen vs. Hamilton before Hamilton calls it a day, big chance that Hamilton's dominance will be succeeded by Verstappen dominance. Will be really interesting to see how Leclerc vs. Vettel plays out next season too.

Fully Fledged

He couldn’t get it done because Max didn’t just pull over and say “go on sir, off you go”.

Ham fans are to easy.

Congratulations Kimi, great drive! Excellent drive from Max as well, 18th to 2nd!
You do realise that his first objective today was to finish the race right? If he finishes the rest of the races he will win the title anyway. Taking a risk to overtake Max and losing the points he got today would have been impetuous and unprofessional. Take the points and move on to Mexico. No need to take an unnecessary risk.

Well done to Kimi and Max the drove great races.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Seems that Hamilton isn’t that great at overtaking people who don’t just let him pass..

Awaits.
He couldn’t get it done because Max didn’t just pull over and say “go on sir, off you go”.
:lol: So bitter.

Can’t wait for Hamilton to win WC number 5 and move into the pantheon of all time greats.

F-Red

You must be a WUM - can't have a rational discussion on F1 with you. :lol: Statistics don't remember class, otherwise Schumacher wouldn't be as regard as he is. By the time his career finishes, Hamilton will be regarded as one of the all time greats. You don't break records if you're not an all time great.

Mister_Stubbs

You must be a WUM - can't have a rational discussion on F1 with you. :lol: Statistics don't remember class, otherwise Schumacher wouldn't be as regard as he is. By the time his career finishes, Hamilton will be regarded as one of the all time greats. You don't break records if you're not an all time great.
You can’t put him on the same level as Schumacher in terms of talent, no way. Let alone Senna and others. Nope.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
You can’t say he isn’t a true great compared to Senna and Schumacher and use class as your argument. :lol: Ffs. Two of the greatest, but just as “classless” as your detested Lewis.

You can’t put him on the same level as Schumacher in terms of talent, no way. Let alone Senna and others. Nope.
You definitely can. He’s in the same bracket no doubt. Utterly brilliant driver. It’s often hardest to admit that the people we like the least are the most talented. I’ve been there with many a footballer or actor. But Lewis is already top 5 all time, and could well end his career top 3.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Vettel has admitted facing personal problems off the track.
Question is whether this is the cause of his poor form, or the result of it. He’s taken way too much abuse for my liking this season. He’s a top, top driver. Bracket below Hamilton for sure, but if Ferrari hadn’t botched a series of strategic calls, he’d be neck and neck in the championship race.

I’d love to see Hamilton go and drive for Ferrari one day; and win a championship with a third different team. Bringing Ferrari back to the top with him once again.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He already is.

Leg-End

Most pole positions ever, 4 and soon to be 5 World Titles with 2 different teams, 41 fastest laps, 31% win rate.

Nah, not an all time great.

kotha

So happy for Kimi!! Always nice to see him win.. What a drive from Max too..

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
You can easily put him in the same bracket, the numbers do not lie.
Schumacher and Senna would wipe the floor with the current lot of drivers. Current drivers may have speed, but those two would absolutely destroy them mentally. Senna would get into their heads and Schumacher would destroy them from outright relentlessness. The latter was a fecking machine when it came to winning and apart from an engine blow up at Suzuka in 2006, would have been an 8X WDC having clawed back a 20 odd point gap to the bloke who is widely considered the best current driver.

F-Red

Schumacher and Senna would wipe the floor with the current lot of drivers. Current drivers may have speed, but those two would absolutely destroy them mentally. Senna would get into their heads and Schumacher would destroy them from outright relentlessness. The latter was a fecking machine when it came to winning and apart from an engine blow up at Suzuka in 2006, would have been an 8X WDC having clawed back a 20 odd point gap to the bloke who is widely considered the best current driver.
Let's be honest, Schumacher had a second stab at the current 'lot' of drivers and struggled.

pauldyson1uk

Schumacher , came back 2010-12 and could not compete, think his best was a 4th.
He did northing in the WC 2010 9th , 2011 8th, 2012 13th , so I disagree he would wipe the floor with the current lot of drivers.
Senna , I do think you have a point, I think he would have surpast Sch in WC wins, given the chance.

SillyUsername

He did northing in the WC 2010 9th , 2011 8th, 2012 13th , so I disagree he would wipe the floor with the current lot of drivers.
Senna , I do think you have a point, I think he would have surpast Sch in WC wins, given the chance.
Top post, you’ve got it figured out, entirely. He was made to look a real fool by the current crop because he was, and in fact always was, a fraud of a driver.

Nope, it was nothing to do with him being in his 40s with his best days being a good decade behind him.

It was nothing to do with the sport he left behind having refuelling and tyres built for speed, meaning flat out racing from start to finish.

It was nothing to do with the sport he returned to having no refuelling and chocolate tyres.

I just can’t imagine why anyone would believe that the Michael Schumacher who turned up to Australia in 2012 was anywhere near as fast, determined and in sync with the sport as the one who turned up 15 years earlier.

NM

Let's be honest, Schumacher had a second stab at the current 'lot' of drivers and struggled.
What a joke.
@SillyUsername says it correctly. Anybody who has seen F1 (and I've been watching since about 96) could see that even in 2006 (his final year) Schumacher was declining. He then came back to a completely different way of driving in a decent to bad car. Anybody who judges him by that either:
1. Is Biased
2. Doesn't understand how F1 has changed (and an eye test alone can tell you that)

Hamilton is a great, and I reckon he will match Schumacher's 7 titles, but don't denigrate the likes of Schumacher and Senna. The current lot of drivers spend more time crying to Charlier then racing.

pauldyson1uk

Top post, you’ve got it figured out, entirely. He was made to look a real fool by the current crop because he was, and in fact always was, a fraud of a driver.

Nope, it was nothing to do with him being in his 40s with his best days being a good decade behind him.

It was nothing to do with the sport he left behind having refuelling and tyres built for speed, meaning flat out racing from start to finish.

It was nothing to do with the sport he returned to having no refuelling and chocolate tyres.

I just can’t imagine why anyone would believe that the Michael Schumacher who turned up to Australia in 2012 was anywhere near as fast, determined and in sync with the sport as the one who turned up 15 years earlier.
I never once said that Sch was not a fantastic driver I was pointing out that Sch would not wipe the floor with the present set of drivers.
Sch in his prime and racing now would indeed wipe the floor with all barr a couple of present drivers
All your points are correct and valid, Sch at his top game was unbeatable.
Maybe I should have worded my response better.

pauldyson1uk

What a joke.
@SillyUsername says it correctly. Anybody who has seen F1 (and I've been watching since about 96) could see that even in 2006 (his final year) Schumacher was declining. He then came back to a completely different way of driving in a decent to bad car. Anybody who judges him by that either:
1. Is Biased
2. Doesn't understand how F1 has changed (and an eye test alone can tell you that)

Hamilton is a great, and I reckon he will match Schumacher's 7 titles, but don't denigrate the likes of Schumacher and Senna. The current lot of drivers spend more time crying to Charlier then racing.
I am neither biased and I fully understand how F1 has changed , some for the good and no so good, I have been watching F1 since the early 80's .
Nobody is denigrating how good Senna and Sch was and has I said before given the chance Senna I think would have overtaken Sch in WC's

Wicked_Badger

I’d love to see Hamilton go and drive for Ferrari one day; and win a championship with a third different team. Bringing Ferrari back to the top with him once again.
Got a feeling Hamilton would like that too. It’d stroke his ego if he was the one to bring back the drivers championship after all these years.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Red Bulls and in particular Max looks mighty around that track.

Would be nice to see him get his pole.