F1 2018 Season

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Interesting press conference...

LH: “I can assure you we don’t have a party mode. I use the same mode from Q2 to the end of Q3. There was no extra button or mode I engaged in.”

SV: “What were you doing before then?”

LH: “I was waiting to put a good lap in and wipe the smile off your face.”
Always funny.

Giggsy92

Mega lap from Lewis, straight into his ever-growing collection of stonking poles. Shame Vettel and Verstappen didn't hook up good laps but I imagine they'll be on it tomorrow.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Wouldn't read too much into the first few fly-aways, all the tracks have very different requirements and the teams are still figuring out the sweet-spots for their cars, how the tyres work etc. We'll know how the season will be by the end of the Spanish GP.

Ferrari actually ahead of Merc in the published speed traps, perhaps the trick-mapping centres more on application of power rather than peak power. Hamilton is gun over 1 lap at Albert Park, expect the race will be closer.

pauldyson1uk

Wouldn't read too much into the first few fly-aways, all the tracks have very different requirements and the teams are still figuring out the sweet-spots for their cars, how the tyres work etc. We'll know how the season will be by the end of the Spanish GP.

Ferrari actually ahead of Merc in the published speed traps, perhaps the trick-mapping centres more on application of power rather than peak power. Hamilton is gun over 1 lap at Albert Park, expect the race will be closer.
Lewis nailed it in his last lap in qualifying set up , race set up will be different and the cars will be closer.
We have all seen him do laps like that before, expecting a tight race, not the foregone conclusion some are expecting, not so much on here but elsewhere.

Last edited:

RedFish

Lewis was almost 7 tenths quicker than Raikkonen. That's not the track, it's his superior qualifying (+ his Mercedes of course). It happens with him all the time, that's why he's the leading pole setter of all time with 73 and counting.

Last edited:

F-Red

Probably one of the best laps from him today for Q3, nailed every apex perfectly. Means nothing tomorrow though, so it's going to be interesting if Kimi is up for a fight tomorrow.

McLaren must be seething tonight, a lot of work for them to do.

James_42

The W09 is ridiculous, the time Hamilton gained alone in t1 compared to Kimi was ridiculous.

People like to think the PU alone is the reason Mercedes are so dominant but they have the perfect combination of chassis, engine and driver.

I still think the gap to P2 was a lot bigger than usual because of the mistakes the other drivers made, Vettel should have been able to get a lot closer if he nailed his lap.

The race should be a lot more interesting, I expect Ferrari to give Kimi an alternative strategy to try and put pressure on Hamilton, but It will be fun watching what Max does on the more durable tyre, I expect him and Ricciardo to go for a 1 stop.

I wish Ricciardo wasn't penalized in FP since it would have made it a lot more exciting tomorrow but I still expect him to be in the mix somehow.

Giggsy92

Think they sacrificed Kimi knowing Lewis would have to cover him, Vettel will presumably keep going on then put on the supersofts later on. Should get him up to second at least.

Giggsy92

Incredible luck for Vettel, thoroughly underwhelming all weekend and he's going to win it. Shame Haas can't copy the Ferrari pit crew too.