F1 2020 Season

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Bottas is a good driver, but strikes me as someone who can be rattled easily.

United Hobbit

This is great so far! So exciting.

Its a shame Max and Le Clerc are out as they are 2 of the better drivers. Shame as it spoilt George's great start he was pulling away. Hope he wins or we get a surprise winner. Thought he might blunder the start after the formation lap.

Bottas just seems a bit too safe he lacks the killer instinct the top top drivers have

United Hobbit

I think there is an enormous gap between someone like Norris who's millionaire dad helped fund his junior career, to Lance Stroll who is only in the sport because his billionaire daddy bought an entire team so he could get a drive, not to mention sacking Ocon in the process.

He has improved, but I would also argue he is clearly the second best driver at the team (despite Perez getting sacked) and some of his better results have been caused by odd quirks of strategy. But hey, I don't claim to be objective on Stroll, I have took a disliking to him since he was a Williams pay driver, long before he became the team owner.

Many reports seem to suggest the new pay driver at Haas has a very dangerous driving style.
He really does. Got investigated for 4 infringements in yesterday's feature race including one, the one with Tsunoda on the pit straight was especially dangerous. Got two penalties taking him to 11 penalty points for the last 12 months, he was let off for the other two which means he is 1 point away from a race ban. Gunther Steiner already seems worried about how he's going to deal with the prick.

He's also a weapon off the circuit, once punched Callum Illott after a session and made the comment "I have a secret about you mate that people might call a coming out" on one of George Russell's livestreams this year. At least it's not Dan Ticktum I guess.
Call me stupid but whats a pay driver?

United Hobbit

Would that Mercedes be completely set up to all Hamilton's spec/ settings or would they have adjusted then for George?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Red Bull shouldn't have been out of this. But they insist on having a shit second driver. Failbon.

Balljy

Would that Mercedes be completely set up to all Hamilton's spec/ settings or would they have adjusted then for George?
It will be adjusted for Russell as much as they can in terms of how he likes the downforce and other configurable settings but the cockpit will be the same one as Hamilton uses. In an interview he said that his size 11 boots were too big and didn't fit so he was having to wear size 10 as they couldn't do anything to increase the space.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I want Russell to win but.... come on Bottas. Imagine not winning this race. It would be a huge mark over him.

United Hobbit

It will be adjusted for Russell as much as they can in terms of how he likes the downforce and other configurable settings but the cockpit will be the same one as Hamilton uses. In an interview he said that his size 11 boots were too big and didn't fit so he was having to wear size 10 as they couldn't do anything to increase the space.
That is interesting thanks, must make it slightly trickier for him as it isn't completely set up to suit him.

It will be interesting to see his tactics, I don't know if its worth him going all out as long as he keeps Bottas behind its not worth pushing insanely hard and blowing his chance

Wonder if Lewis will be back next week, id quite like to see George get another go

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I do like the simplicity of the track layout. Feels a bit old school.

Tiber

Is stroll going to end up with another 'didnt do much but somehow got a podium' race?

Tiber

Must be hilarious for him.

Bottas is the ultimate Number 2 driver.

But hey, he is a yes man who is grateful just to be in the car and will never cause drama for Lewis.

Meanwhile:

Jack-C20

LeClerc taking most of the blame is refreshing. Max still not very impressed though.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Yeah not sure why people are pointing finger at Perez. LeClerc dive.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Oh no poor Russell might be screwed over by not knowing his car!

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Russell has been absolutely mega. Fingers crossed for the rest of the race.

Leg-End

Bottas has no right to be in that seat next year on this showing.

hp88

George needs to bring this home now, 8sec lead, just needs to take it easy.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Is there anyone here that doesn't want Russell to win? You can't help but cheer him on!