F1 2020 Season

Jack-C20

I can’t see it. He won’t accept being number 2 to Max and RBR is Max’s team.
Didn’t one of the main guys at Red Bull basically rule it out when it broke that Vettel was leaving Ferrari as well? Something about Red Bull being more interested in youth or something. I can’t remember exactly.

pauldyson1uk

Formula 1 have added two more races to the developing 2020 calendar - including a debut for Italy's Mugello circuit to mark Ferrari's 1,000th race.

Mugello in Tuscany will follow the Italian GP at Monza, on September 11-13, with the Russian GP in Sochi confirmed for its original slot of September 25-27.

The 2020 F1 calendar - so far
COMPLETED: Austrian GP, Red Bull Ring
THIS WEEKEND: Styrian GP, Red Bull Ring
July 19: Hungarian GP, Budapest
August 2: British GP, Silverstone
August 9: 70th Anniversary GP, Silverstone
August 16: Spanish GP, Barcelona
August 30: Belgian GP, Spa-Francorchamps
September 6: Italian GP, Monza
September 13: Tuscan GP, Mugello
September 27: Russian GP, Sochi

Leg-End

Piss poor from Bottas and LeClerc to go travelling back to Monaco between races, couldn’t stay in the bubble for 4 days, pathetic.

pauldyson1uk

Piss poor from Bottas and LeClerc to go travelling back to Monaco between races, couldn’t stay in the bubble for 4 days, pathetic.
Shocking, they are being investigated by FIA , but really what can they do, very much doubt they will exclude them from the race or give and sort of race penalty, It will be a dont do that again.
You would have though they would set a better example.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Vettel to Red Bull picking up steam. That or him dropping out early this season. Doubt the latter however.
Not sure how verstappen would feel about that and I think hes under contract till 2023 and i would have thought he had some guarantees about being the no1 driver?... but there really isnt a whole lot of other options for vettel by the looks of it
I think verstappen earns about 12 milllion and vettel 40 million a year ... allegedly vettel turned down a 12 million 1 year extension with ferrari

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Shocking, they are being investigated by FIA , but really what can they do, very much doubt they will exclude them from the race or give and sort of race penalty, It will be a dont do that again.
You would have though they would set a better example.
I would have thought for safety they should now put them in isolation for 7 days with daily testing before allowing them back in the F1 bubble?

F-Red

Vettel to Red Bull picking up steam. That or him dropping out early this season. Doubt the latter however.
I think there's a very high chance of him not finding a drive for this year & announcing his retirement.

arthurka

I think there's a very high chance of him not finding a drive for this year & announcing his retirement.
I agree he lost his mojo some while ago and looks to have lost his fight. If you go by these practices and last race you could argue he has all but given up. Said in an interview he wouldn't sign for anything else then a competitive team and they have all kind of said no. Merc signing an extension with Bottas killed of his chance I think.

pauldyson1uk

"Plan A" for qualifying to go ahead on Saturday, but that it may need to pushed back until a predicted drier Sunday morning, before the race, should conditions not improve.

Last year's Japanese GP saw qualifying and the race both take place on Sunday due to Typhoon Hagibis, while F1 also had that schedule for the 2015 US GP in Austin.

Should qualifying not be able to take place on Sunday morning, the race grid order would be set by taking the times from the latest practice session.

"That would normally be P3, but as it's too wet, that would refer to P2," "That's why the times from P2 might be significant."

Max Verstappen finished fastest ahead of Valtteri Bottas in Practice Two as teams, knowing of the weather forecast, pushed hard in the sunny Friday afternoon session.

ChaddyP

It's amazing how already the two red bull ring races will be significantly different

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Green light for Q1 in the wet. Interesting to see how this will compare to last weeks qualifying.

Hephaestus

Brilliant for Russell to get 12th, the gap between him and Leclerc was minuscule. Imagine saying that this time last year.

vangagal

More like Lewis being rainmaster mode on.
Ferrari being outpace by Renault and AlphaTauri. Goodness me. To think you switch a salesman with an actual engineer at the helm and this happen. That ferrari engine must be awful.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
These wet Qualifying sessions are so much more entertaining.

Lewis and Max will be the top 2 I dont dare say in what order though!