F1 2020 Season

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Was he not feeling dizzy? Obviously no idea if that was COVID or not, probably unlikely given it was 2 weeks ago and he just tested positive yesterday. Hope he’s alright.

Looking forward to the race this weekend, although will probably miss the race as I’m away up north on Sunday for the week. :mad:
Not sure why it would be unlikely the incubation period is about 2 weeks

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Hamilton as usual probably purposely going slower than he can on the mediums in practice. Would be nice to see Max on pole but something tells me Hamilton won't "allow" him to be the fastest during qualification.

Great to see Nico back and immediately doing well too. Would be amazing if he can get his first podium via this route.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Excellent news that Lewis Hamilton is intending to remain in F1 for a few more years to come.
Great news for F1 and the UK racing fans.

I say this because he will challenge and motivate a promising batch of younger drivers and teams to improve and eventually take over at the top.

pauldyson1uk

Alex Albon drops out for Red Bull, 1.5s off Bottas.

Nico Hulkenberg also fails to make it for Racing Point, despite switching onto the soft tyres. That's a disappointment for him after solid top-10 practice form.

Out in Q2

Gasly

Albon

Hulkenberg

Kvyat

Russell

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Merc have always been dominant here in the hybrid era but that is insane, what I find interesting is the midfield is closely bunched and changes track to track which might give an indication to what a budget cap F1 will look like.

Hephaestus

Mercedes are over a second quicker than their closest rival :eek:
Not sure what's more ridiculous, how fast the Mercedes is or how badly Red Bull and Ferrari messed up between seasons. I guess Ferrari is down to them being caught cheating.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
2 great laps from Lewis in Q3.
Really thought Bottas was gonna get pole. Imagine going so well and still only end up 2nd on the grid.

Hephaestus

Reason it's five places and not three like Hamilton in Austria is because it was double yellows he ignored, the stewards were also very angry at the team for telling him it was a single yellow flag section and not to abort his lap.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Shit show of a sport. Even during the Schumacher era Ferrari never had such a large advantage. The FIA’s failure to Atleast try and make f1 competitive in the last 5 years is a failure all on its own.

Quickly heading down the WRC route where pretty much every champion after 2010 until 217 has a * next to it.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Shit show of a sport. Even during the Schumacher era Ferrari never had such a large advantage. The FIA’s failure to Atleast try and make f1 competitive in the last 5 years is a failure all on its own.

Quickly heading down the WRC route where pretty much every champion after 2010 until 217 has a * next to it.
Sorry, but this is bullshit.

Do you think Ferrari, or Red Bull, are short of funds to build a competitive car? Mercedes have got it right, the rest haven't. It's not Mercedes's fault and it's not the FIA's fault.

Vettel, when he went to Ferrari was every bit as good a driver as Hamilton was. Mercedes had a project and needed the best driver to realise it, they, and Hamilton, delivered.

Ferrari let Vettel down.

0le

Ferrari would have won a title in that time if it were not for reliability problems and/or Vettel bottling it a little.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Ferrari would have won a title in that time if it were not for reliability problems and/or Vettel bottling it a little.
The fact that the car has reliability problems shows that it's Ferrari's inability to produce a championship car.

Mercedes is just that far ahead of everyone else.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Sorry, but this is bullshit.

Do you think Ferrari, or Red Bull, are short of funds to build a competitive car? Mercedes have got it right, the rest haven't. It's not Mercedes's fault and it's not the FIA's fault.

Vettel, when he went to Ferrari was every bit as good a driver as Hamilton was. Mercedes had a project and needed the best driver to realise it, they, and Hamilton, delivered.

Ferrari let Vettel down.
Williams, Renault and McLaren were not short of funds either. The FIA still took massive steps to level the playing field.

At the end of the day, this is a show. The show is currently dogshit. F1’s dwindling viewership is evident of this fact.