F1 2020 Season

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Would have been very sneaky if they hadn't done it in front of the technical delegate, of all the guys to get caught by.

Regardless of whether it's actually a big deal - The second guy had the kind of body language most of us would have when we have somebody sneaking up and we know we re doing something we re not supposed to :lol:

Hephaestus

Regardless of whether it's actually a big deal - The second guy had the kind of body language most of us would have when we have somebody sneaking up and we know we re doing something we re not supposed to :lol:
There's a reason for that, the teams had been warned not to do it just before the final preparations began so they knew it was against the rules when they did it.

Link to FIA document

Haas have a 10 second penalty for both drivers, think it drops Magnussen to 10th. Penalty was for telling the drivers to pit on the formation lap which counts as a driver aid somehow. And Red Bull have somehow got away with it. Predictable.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Mick Schumacher may actually be the real deal.

His speed so far this season is next level and he was pretty bloody quick in mixed conditions yesterday :keano: and if not for mechanical failures, he'd be pretty close to his team mate in the title battle.

I'd imagine if he keeps going like this, that seat at Alfa Romeo may quickly become his. No doubt that he'll have a pick of teams trying to sign him. His sponsorship pull probably beats 75% of the grid in F1.

Rooney1987

It terms of talent I think Shwartzman is far ahead imo. I'd like to see him and Mick get seats. Haas and Alfa will have seats next year. Kimi and Grosjean will most likely be gone. A lot of this depends on Seb, if he stays he'll get a seat from either from of the the 2 mentioned or Racing Point. Obviously Stroll should probably go first but his Dad owns a team. Perez will get a seat too, no way his Mexico money leaves the sport. Giovinazzi hasn't been confirmed but sure he'll be kept around. As unreal as Shwartzman has been in F2 his first year so they'll probably go with Mick first and keep Shwartzman in F2 for another season, see how Sainz, Gio and Mick get along first.

Most likely for 2021
Racing Point - Seb/Stroll
Haas - Perez/Magnussen
Alfa - Giovinazzi/Schumacher

Hephaestus

It terms of talent I think Shwartzman is far ahead imo. I'd like to see him and Mick get seats. Haas and Alfa will have seats next year. Kimi and Grosjean will most likely be gone. A lot of this depends on Seb, if he stays he'll get a seat from either from of the the 2 mentioned or Racing Point. Obviously Stroll should probably go first but his Dad owns a team. Perez will get a seat too, no way his Mexico money leaves the sport. Giovinazzi hasn't been confirmed but sure he'll be kept around. As unreal as Shwartzman has been in F2 his first year so they'll probably go with Mick first and keep Shwartzman in F2 for another season, see how Sainz, Gio and Mick get along first.

Most likely for 2021
Haas - Perez/Magnussen
They might not be able to keep Shwartzman in F2 for another year if he keeps up his current pace, believe it's still the rule that the reigning champion is unable to return so if he keep his lead then he has to go elsewhere. Could see Haas going for him or Schumacher instead of Magnussen with Alfa taking the other. Think they're struggling for sponsors in which case having Perez/Schumacher would be a big boon.

mariachi-19

Most likely for 2021
Haas - Perez/Magnussen
Apart from his stuff up in race one of the season, if not for mechanical faults, Schumacher would be in the lead of the championship. There's not much between them.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Mercedes are gonna win every race this season.

Hamilton to win every one until he wins the title then maybe he backs off and lets Bottas win one again.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Mercedes are gonna win every race this season.

Hamilton to win every one until he wins the title then maybe he backs off and lets Bottas win one again.
If Lewis wins the Championship this year, does he need to have an asterisk next to this title?

Leg-End

If Lewis wins the Championship this year, does he need to have an asterisk next to this title?
Why would there be? Fangio doesn't have one next to his and they raced no more than 9 rounds. I think we will get to minimum 15 this year anyway.

Someone will beat Mercedes somewhere this season, be it reliability, pace or incidents but its bloody tough to win all the races even with a dominant car. Let's be honest incident free Albon probably could have won Round 1.

Hamilton will be hard to beat from here, suspect he will dominate Silverstone but Bottas will get some more poles and therefore wins.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just started watching 'Drive to Survive' and that Gunther bloke is quality.

His reaction to Grosjean ploughing into the wall in Baku when he's trying to warm his tyres up was fecking gold :lol:

"I'm fecking speechless"

Redplane

Just started watching 'Drive to Survive' and that Gunther bloke is quality.

His reaction to Grosjean ploughing into the wall in Baku when he's trying to warm his tyres up was fecking gold :lol:

"I'm fecking speechless"
He s definitely an interesting guy. Would hate for him to be my boss but it makes for good TV. Trust me though - it gets even better later in the show.

mariachi-19

Redplane

Dont go watch WRC otherwise you might just blow your load... Those blokes can literally drop an entire drivetrain out of a car and replace it in 20 minutes.
Gonna have to do that now! At the same time though - WRC vehicles probably aren't quite the sneeze and you break it multi million dollar precision instruments F1 cars are.

mariachi-19

Gonna have to do that now! At the same time though - WRC vehicles probably aren't quite the sneeze and you break it multi million dollar precision instruments F1 cars are.
Peak WRC is even more advanced than where F1 is now. There's a crazy rumour that during Group B WRC, the Audi rally car was so fast around Catalunya, it would have qualified 7th on the grid in the f1 race. Those cars were absolute monsters and pretty much pioneered 90% of the tech you see in modern day road cars. launch control, rear stearing, turbo and supercharged engines (or twin turbo charging) AWD systems, active suspension etc.

In modern times, no, they're alot more robust, but so are F1 cars. The parts are expensive but they are design to take an absolute battering, they have to be.

Also, the thing about modern race vehicles is that everything comes off or gets put on in sections. Its very rare that individual parts are assembled even at the race track. In any event, there's a good amount of pre assembly to reduce time.

Leg-End

Sweet. They added the Nurburgring to the 2020 calendar. Love the nostalgia of this seasons lineup. Must be exciting for many of the young drivers too.
This is great news if they confirm it, along with Imola too.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

F-Red

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but all four American races (Canada, US, Mexico, Brasil) have now been taken off the calendar.
I don't think it was any major surprise, or more importantly I don't think anyone seriously thought they could race there this year.

Redplane

Hamilton sharing anti vaccine shit on his Instagram :lol:

What an absolute moron.
Haven't seen the post but sometimes it seems best if he could just shut up. Seems like a nice bloke in most interviews etc but the social justice warrior thing doesn't really serve him. Note that in a way this is not just a Hamilton issue. It's a society issue where it seems everyone is now expected to weigh in on anything and everything. I'd rather see something like a Rashford approach where rather than just gestures he also accomplished something with it rather than just driving wedges. Just my 0.02

Wicked_Badger

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but all four American races (Canada, US, Mexico, Brasil) have now been taken off the calendar. Instead, they have added the Nürburgring, Portimao (Portgual), and Imola (Italy).

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...mexico-and-canada.66ZjLAp4qDgqhs3T8BbIQS.html
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...-event-in-imola-to.CGyDtalz9hBwCojE2QGCI.html
A shame. I was supposed to be going to the USGP this year.

Although it’ll be good see see some of the replacement tracks again! Never seen Portimao before!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Lando has quickly turned into the most likeable guy on the grid.

F-Red

Estaben Guttierez will most likely take his place, Stoffel VanDoorne has formula E races.
Gutierrez doesn't have the milage to reactivate his super license, so he won't be racing. Very strong rumours that RP are already preparing Hulkenberg's seat for tomorrow.

Hephaestus

Gutierrez doesn't have the milage to reactivate his super license, so he won't be racing. Very strong rumours that RP are already preparing Hulkenberg's seat for tomorrow.
Glad it's someone competent like Hulkenberg rather than Gutierrez. Would be amazing if Hulkenberg finally managed to get his first podium in the Racing Point, would likely need a problem for either of the Mercedes drivers or Verstappen but that's possible over the two races.

Redplane

Glad it's someone competent like Hulkenberg rather than Gutierrez. Would be amazing if Hulkenberg finally managed to get his first podium in the Racing Point, would likely need a problem for either of the Mercedes drivers or Verstappen but that's possible over the two races.
Max would be thrilled to see his buddy back I guess. Netflix will want him back too.

F-Red

It would be some story if the Hulk came back and scored a long awaited podium.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Perez test positive and is out of the next two races.
I seem to remember he had some sort of medical complication or was feeling under the weather at the last race

Wicked_Badger

I seem to remember he had some sort of medical complication or was feeling under the weather at the last race
Was he not feeling dizzy? Obviously no idea if that was COVID or not, probably unlikely given it was 2 weeks ago and he just tested positive yesterday. Hope he’s alright.

Looking forward to the race this weekend, although will probably miss the race as I’m away up north on Sunday for the week. :mad: