F1 2022 Season

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
what's going on in FP2 ? Russel in P1 and Lewis in P3 !!!
Forgot it was on to be honest.
they’ve worked out how to deal with the porpoising; toto has been on to race control and demanded that the other teams go slower so they can be competitive again.

pauldyson1uk

Parc ferme Conditions
Despite this morning being a practice session, as qualifying happened yesterday, there can be no further changes to these cars before the Sprint gets underway.
So, however these cars have been set up will have to last them for the day- can all the teams make it work?

Fluctuation0161

For once it's nice to see Mercedes struggling to nail something isn't it?

Over the last 8 years they've been smugly imperious, a seemingly unstoppable well oiled machine. Even when things look bad they still came out on top.

This time though they've got it very badly wrong :lol:
I would agree, if not for the injustice last season!

Leg-End

Merc with fuel in it seems to bring them forward, they clearly just can't get one lap pace out of the thing.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This feels like one of those McLaren years for Lewis. He won’t beat his teammate but can see him winning one race at some point.

United Hobbit

Those Ferrari road cars they're driving are gorgeous, I'd love to get to drive one, or even better own one!

United Hobbit

Was I right in hearing the sprint is a race in its own right but yesterday's pole remains the same for the race regardless where they finish today?

So no matter where he finishes today, Max is on pole?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Was I right in hearing the sprint is a race in its own right but yesterday's pole remains the same for the race regardless where they finish today?

He has the pole position in the record books from yesterday's quali

But the race start order will be determined by the sprint race

So if max was to finish 2nd in the sprint race he starts second but in the record books had the pole at imola 2022

Abizzz

As far as I know it just counts as a pole for Max but if he doesn't finish first he won't start from pole position regardless. (Do correct me if i'm wrong but that's how I've understood it since the start of these sprint races)

United Hobbit

OK thanks that's what I thought, as last year they started the race based on their sprint finish position and qualifying was to determine their starting position for the sprint

But could have sworn sky said there'd been a rule change and they start based on their qualifying positions but must have misheard, the superbru prediction implied the sprint picks the race grid order too.

hp88

This is going to be a shite race tomorrow, doubt we will get going if people keep spinning off.

hobbers

That red bull bogs down so much with Max.

Perez on the other hand off like a rocket.

United Hobbit

Think I'd prefer red flags in the sprint as they're so short it negates a large section of it with the SC

hobbers

Haas really screwed up the tyre choice. Shame.

That Alpine also looks badly set up.

Fun front 6 though, 2 Ferraris, 2 RBs, 2 McLarens

hobbers

This broadcast is so awful. Can see Max closing on Leclerc on the timings but nah we'll just watch this boring DRS train of Mercedes thanks.

F-Red

Leclerc and Max are in a league of their own at the moment. Pretty bobbin's sprint race though, Imola isn't the best track for it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Has Leclerc lost every 1v1 duel with Verstappen so far this season? Reliability issues aside, Max always seems to come out on top in these duels.