F1 2022 Season

Fridge chutney

Do your best.

Well what a colossal waste of time all that was.
Completely disappointing and pathetic but sports, football and F1 alike, sold its soul ages ago. Sportswashing is the goal, and that goal is fulfilled.

Sad. I will not be watching this Grand Prix.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
How accurate is the Patriot missile system?

During the 1991 Gulf War, the public was led to believe the that the Patriot had near-perfect performance, intercepting 45 of 47 Scud missiles. The U.S. Army later revised that estimate down to about 50 percent — and even then, it expressed “higher” confidence in only about one-quarter of the cases

Even at the very best 2 got though , just think if one hit the main stand !
:nervous: :nervous: Then the Saudis need to procure the Israeli system on the quiet. The alternative, a cheaper one -- give free subscriptions to all those rabble-rousers who shot the missiles.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Completely disappointing and pathetic but sports, football and F1 alike, sold its soul ages ago. Sportswashing is the goal, and that goal is fulfilled.

I naively thought we were about to see a momentous coming together in sport. Alas, no. Gasly has said all drivers were unanimous in agreeing to race.

sglowrider

With all the sports washing and their financial injection, you would have expected sports TV subscriptions to actually go down instead of constantly increasing.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
I naively thought we were about to see a momentous coming together in sport. Alas, no. Gasly has said all drivers were unanimous in agreeing to race.
So disheartening. Although it couldn't have been unanimous otherwise what were they deliberating over for 4 hours?

hobbers

Who does everyone think the drivers are who are against?

Hamilton is a given but I don’t know other than that.
Hamilton and Perez and maybe one or two more.

If the word is that the race is still going on. A few drivers are complaining but most are fine with racing.

sglowrider

So disheartening. Although it couldn't have been unanimous otherwise what were they deliberating over for 4 hours?
They probably spent the previous 3hrs 55mins debating the Abu Dhabi 2021 race. It was all sparked off by Lewis wearing a white t-shirt with an * (asterisk) printed on it.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
They probably spent the previous 3hrs 55mins debating the Abu Dhabi 2021 race. It was all sparked off by Lewis wearing a white t-shirt with an * (asterisk) printed on it.
Either that or they ordered pizza and decided to watch DTS together and rip into it. Sounds like a fun night actually.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I suspect their way of guaranteeing safety in the race will be a full scale attack on Yemen 30 mins before race starts.

Can't bomb if you're hiding. The world really is a fecked up place lately.

The Firestarter

:nervous: :nervous: Then the Saudis need to procure the Israeli system on the quiet. The alternative, a cheaper one -- give free subscriptions to all those rabble-rousers who shot the missiles.
I think a bunch of Ukrainians with stingers will do the same for less.

The Firestarter

I suspect their way of guaranteeing safety in the race will be a full scale attack on Yemen 30 mins before race starts.

Can't bomb if you're hiding. The world really is a fecked up place lately.
This or wave the red flag in front of the missile.

Hephaestus

BBC are saying a significant amount have safety concerns. Medland is saying extra information was given at the end. No idea what that was.
"Part of this information involved the possible consequences of not racing, such as how easily teams and drivers would be able to leave the country if the race did not happen." From the BBC. So basically it was race or you can't leave Saudi Arabia.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Is it terrorism when Saudi Arabia are bombing the feck out of Yemen? They targeted an oil depot. They shouldn’t be racing there fullstop.
What I find hilarious about this is Horner is speaking of not being bullied by terrorism because of a missle coming from Yemen, while he is sitting in Saudi Arabia.

The absolute irony of this.
Yeah, in the same breath he says that F1 shouldn't be drawn into things like this and also calls it terrorism (while it's really a 'regular' strategic Houthi counterattack). Nice bit of irony. That's what you get from cozying up to the Saudis.

Fluctuation0161

"Part of this information involved the possible consequences of not racing, such as how easily teams and drivers would be able to leave the country if the race did not happen." From the BBC. So basically it was race or you can't leave Saudi Arabia.
If that's the case, they'd better never go back!

The sport is in decline. Purely for money and entertainment with no integrity.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Has it been confirmed that it was a strike and not a fire breaking out at the facility? The guardian and other websites they are still saying it's a fire, saying that Houties are claiming it, and not a missle strike. I suppose the Saudis haven't confirmed it themselves.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Has it been confirmed that it was a strike and not a fire breaking out at the facility? The guardian and other websites they are still saying it's a fire, saying that Houties are claiming it, and not a missle strike. I suppose the Saudis haven't confirmed it themselves.
Reuters and Bloomberg have it as a drone attack- think pretty much everyone does now.

hobbers

This is what you get for playing sportswasher for a country that executed 80 people in a single day for thinking the wrong things.

pauldyson1uk

Disappointed the race is going ahead, they cant 100% guarantee the track safety.
I am sure the teams and the driver were warned of the ramification of failing to fulfil their contract obligations.
This was an opportunity for the FIA to stand by their We Rave as One banner, they should have been telling the Saudi's we are packing up and going home.
I will not be watching any more this weekend, nothing else I can do.
I did not think FIA and F1 could get worse that Abu Dhabi , but this it has.

The Firestarter

What, will they detain 20 drivers? Absolute cnuts for making such threats but nobody would have done shit.

pacifictheme

Seems unlikely considering the motivation to even have f1 but maybe not worth the risk. Maybe they said if you think it's too dangerous to race, maybe it's too dangerous to fly...

dinostar77

Doesnt suprise me that they are racing there in the first place or are going to race this weekend. F1 has always tipped its toe/fully submerged into the murky waters of financing F1 and dont seem to care where the money comes from or how much blood its covered in.

There was a real good Donut Media video a year ago, about the sponsorship you see on the cars and about how you dont recognize some of the sponsors because they dont exist!

Last edited:

redshaw

Martin Brundle: Cat like reactions from Leclerc avoiding the missile there