g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2023 Season

hp88

Never thought I would ever see a Schumacher in a McLaren.

pauldyson1uk

It's presentation day for Red Bull, and the championship winning outfit will reportedly unveil in New York on Friday an engine branding deal with American automotive giant Ford.
The rumors of a tie-up between Red Bull and Ford have been swirling for weeks, but according to a report from the BBC, a deal between the F1 team and the Blue Oval is signed and sealed.
Watch LIVE from 2pm, Sky Sports F1 and Red Bull YouTube channel

Red Bull set to announce F1 partnership with Ford (f1i.com)

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All we are really seeing at these launches is livery in essence anyway. No one will reveal the best bits of their car.
Yeah it's just a sponsor hype more than anything. Still, just means we are that 1 step closer

vangagal

So why was Porsche's deals with RB collapsed before? Ford seems wrapped it up fast and its an engine deal too. Could be interesting if Andretti & GM come to materialised too.

ArjenIsM3

So why was Porsche's deals with RB collapsed before? Ford seems wrapped it up fast and its an engine deal too. Could be interesting if Andretti & GM come to materialised too.
Rumour is Porsche wanted to have a real say in the team and Ford is alright with letting Red Bull control things

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not been watching the Red Bull car launch, but its getting hammered for being boring, 45 mins and no car shown apparently.
It's like that every year :lol: no idea why people bother tuning in. Just wait for the pictures/videos to drop.

telstar96

Not been watching the Red Bull car launch, but its getting hammered for being boring, 45 mins and no car shown apparently.
Honestly couldn't tell the difference between the launch car and last years' car :lol:. Whatever aero concept they have for this season is either being kept under wraps or that aero tunnel time penalty has already hit them.

Abizzz

It's presentation day for Red Bull, and the championship winning outfit will reportedly unveil in New York on Friday an engine branding deal with American automotive giant Ford.
The rumors of a tie-up between Red Bull and Ford have been swirling for weeks, but according to a report from the BBC, a deal between the F1 team and the Blue Oval is signed and sealed.
Watch LIVE from 2pm, Sky Sports F1 and Red Bull YouTube channel

Red Bull set to announce F1 partnership with Ford (f1i.com)
This is huge in my eyes. Glad to see Ford back! Hopefully Horner retires until then so I can get behind them :D.

dinostar77

They are involved in RB again until 2026 right?
Yes as they are, as engine development apart from relibility issues is frozen till 2026 and the powertrain is honda IP. Its going to be weird. Honda unbranded engines but ford on the livery.

arthurka

Yes as they are, as engine development apart from relibility issues is frozen till 2026 and the powertrain is honda IP. Its going to be weird. Honda unbranded engines but ford on the livery.
:lol:
Yeah that's a bit strange. Honda have done a fantastic work with RB their unit is just so reliable and powerful. Something you couldn't see with their work with McLaren.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I know American road cars are very different from an F1 car and 100% sure if they entered that a US based team could build an F1 car if they wanted to enter etc.

But slight change of topic, how are American sports cars compared to their European counter parts these days? I the past they were v8 muscle cars that were great for speed and power but handled like shite. Are the new corvettes or mustangs on par with a prancing horse or lambo or is it still more about power and noise. I guess I'm kinda comparing Daytona to F1 and that Daytona is still much bigger in the states compared to F1...
They are a lot better than they used to be, but they are still largely shite compared to European equivalents. The most recent corvette iterations are pretty good and fun to drive, whereas in the past they were impossible to handle. But that’s pretty much it for their stable of worthwhile sports cars. Still miles behind the Ferrari and Lambos of the world, but in fairness also a lot cheaper.