g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

F1 2023 Season

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
McLaren launching their car right now, whether it's their 23 car we shall see.

dinostar77

Going to be hilarious, if the entire grid apart from Mercedes and Ferrari have copied the RB design from last year and RB go and join Mercedes with the slim side pod design instead.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Quite like the mclaren. Alfa still my fave livery though.

me and the junior signed up to the league again, thanks.

dinostar77

Every car looking like an RB18 clone at the moment.
Other than actual pics from trackside, all the reveals have been uttetly pointless unless you care about livery.

I think all we do know at the moment is:

1. Aston Martin have been copying the ferrari design.
2. RB maybe running slim Mercedes style sidepods (as per the brief trackside fan clip)
3. We saw a Alfa Romeo leave the garage.

So not really much else.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Other than actual pics from trackside, all the reveals have been uttetly pointless unless you care about livery.

I think all we do know at the moment is:

1. Aston Martin have been copying the ferrari design.
2. RB maybe running slim Mercedes style sidepods (as per the brief trackside fan clip)
3. We saw a Alfa Romeo leave the garage.

So not really much else.
Mclaren's car looks significantly different from last year.

No surprise they're all heading down a similar path though.

F-Red

Andrea Stella's comments on McLaren's new car isn't filling me with confidence that they'll be competitive for the first few races of the season.

dinostar77

Adam-Utd

Gary Andersen isnt impressed. Anyway as mclaren said it will change alot after first few races.

I dont buy too much into these pics. Anything truly innovative will be hidden away till the car hits the track.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/gary-andersons-verdict-on-mclarens-2023-f1-car/
If Gary's opinion was worth weight, he'd still be in f1.

As you say though, 'look's don't mean much, it's how it performs. There are clear differences between last years and this years car though.

Gary says the sidepods don't look different when they're shaped completely differently, they've got a Ferrari style Louvre/grille which they didn't have last year on the sidepod, and a few differences on the front floor/wing area to help guide the air.

Anyway, most if it is a livery launch. I feel the Chrome sign is a bit over powering, but they're advertising machines at the end of the day.

dinostar77

If Gary's opinion was worth weight, he'd still be in f1.

As you say though, 'look's don't mean much, it's how it performs. There are clear differences between last years and this years car though.
:lol: touche.

Norris

Love the Ferrari (As always). I also think the Mclaren is pretty good, love the contrasts.

arthurka

That Ferrari looks absolutely brilliant. Let's hope it's not made with duct tape and plaster.

dinostar77

That Ferrari looks absolutely brilliant. Let's hope it's not made with duct tape and plaster.
Allegedly they have found 30bhp more under the banner of 'reliability'. Leclerc and sainz took it out for a few laps.

arthurka

Allegedly they have found 30bhp more under the banner of 'reliability'. Leclerc and sainz took it out for a few laps.
Ahhh, they were so reliable last season they decided to squeeze 30 more out of a unit that blew every 3 laps.

Leg-End

That's a looker too, Ferrari vs Mercedes at the front in those machines would be great. Shame the Red Bull livery is tired and old.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
‘eventually’
just playing the waiting game for the fia to get bored with cheating to make red bull win and change the rules to give bonus points to any teams running with no side pods and decide the outcome of the season that way.

klsv

That Merc is so beautiful, best looking car on the grid for me.

mitChley

I thought George's blue looked rubbish on last year's car compared to Hamilton's, now they are black again I actually think the blue would look good and they've changed to bloody green.

JuriM

Merc for some reason seems a bit slimmer than last year and maybe more aerodynamic.

Adam-Utd

Love the side profile of the Merc. The 'racing stripe' just rounds the look off.

BristolRuss

I'm was a huge fan of the black Mercedes liveries from a few years ago so I am very happy that they have adopted it again. Props to Mercedes and Ferrari for actually showing off their actual cars as well and not just livery launches.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
From what I've seen, they all look pretty much the same as last year. Pretty boring overall. Well done Merc for changing it up and going back to the black.

dinostar77

The curves on that bodywork. Damn
Apparently more major updates coming to the car in first few races. Totto hasnt ruled out a change to the sidepods after first few races.

It looks a quick car, however so far the ferrari looks the car to beat. It has some interesting unique ideas, that has the likes of scarbsf1 puzzled.

Also the wind tunnel data for AstonMartin suggests they have a very quick car, in the hands of alonso, who knows what they could do.