F1 2023 Season

mitChley

Sky very generous to George by initially saying he's retiring due to a 'break problem', not a 'you smashed into the wall problem'. They corrected it later.

Ahmer Baig

Alonso lifting and coast because of his rear brakes issue.

Lewis has a chance to overtake.

Mike Smalling

Not sure what you were both expecting from them? Their race pace has never been anything to write home about, and a wet qualifying put them well out of position, high up the grid.
Yeah, I'm not expecting much more. I'd like to see K-Mag be closer to the points just once in a while. It's not just this race though. It feels like they often find a way to feck up their strategies. But to be fair to them, there is about 5-6 teams with significantly better cars, and we don't have a lot of DNFs this year - very little chance for points then.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Alonso is just amazing, his teammate will again finish out of points and he probably picks up second place. Easily second best driver this year.

Stroll is tragic though, and Perez is shite once again, how is it possible that he is on mediums and can't catch Ferraris on old hards ffs?

United Hobbit

Seems no excitement between Lewis and Alonso, who must have just been biding his time

Max just laughing at his small moment it's so comfortable for him

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Question: how on earth did Ferrari finally guessed the right strategy?

Another question: how on earth did Hamilton avoid penalty? Same as last year I think in one race, they will just avoid punishing him and Mercedes for the Abu Dhabi for years or what?

United Hobbit

Tsunoda, Perez, Devries, Stroll should all be trying to save their seat because all should be at fear of being replaced. Could add Sainz into that mix

Like someone up thread said though, in some way RB probably prefer Perez being a bit like Bottas so as not to upset Max, but then I don't think he's as consistent as Bottas especially given how insane that car is

Mike Smalling

Another question: how on earth did Hamilton avoid penalty? Same as last year I think in one race, they will just avoid punishing him and Mercedes for the Abu Dhabi for years or what?
Got a slap on the wrist for attempted murder at Silvestone in 2021 as well. someone bite

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Really dramatic end to this one. At least we got half of a good season with these regs.

pauldyson1uk

Easy win for Max.
Good results for Alonso and Hamilton, but no excitement there it was pretty stale.
Ferarri pair had good races.
Albon yeah Driver of the Day he had a cracking race.
Overall not the best Canadian race we will ever see.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Good battle from 7th to 10th in the end. Photo finish for Stroll/Bottas.

United Hobbit

Thanks Norris for getting Stroll moved up to 9th, he and Max are the only ones I got in the right place

Dan_F

Urgh I considered Perez for fastest lap as he always seems to pinch it
Because he’s always so pointlessly behind all the other top drivers. They should change the rules so that you can’t get it if you’ve pitted in the last few laps.

dinostar77

Neither Stroll or Perez deserve their current drives. They are so far behind their teammates.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Excellent from Albon. Driver of the day for me.

That was so, so poor from Perez. He should be eating those Ferrari's up in that RB. Simply no excuses for him.