5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Because he has no physicality whatsoever which showed every time he stepped on the pitch for United.

He didn't offer much help for AWB defensively. That doesn't matter anyway because when he competes for the ball, he might as well not be there.
Strange takeaway

Superunknown

I'm happy that he was given minutes yesterday. That's really the best way to get used to games at this level - playing against Premier League opposition, playing with the first team, and playing a game at this level of intensity.

I admittedly don't know an awful lot about him, but I'm glad that ETH is giving youth players a go.

flameinthesun

Strange takeaway
I wouldn't say he doesn't belong at this level but I would say he doesn't belong at united. The guy is already 21, when we look at his best attributes he has a decent touch, a decent/good level of dribbling and seems to have a decent engine. There is nothing about him that screams out very good winger or even close to being a good (not great) winger for united. And yes he plays for Uruguay and every now and then looks decent but he just isn't good enough. He's not even at the level of the likes of Januzaj, elanga who were eventually proven not good enough.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Because he has no physicality whatsoever which showed every time he stepped on the pitch for United.

He didn't offer much help for AWB defensively. That doesn't matter anyway because when he competes for the ball, he might as well not be there.
When George Best was playing at that age he had no physicality either, good job there was no internet in those days!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

You mean he looks weak like majority of our team did last night? Because everyone else in the red shirt pretty much lost any duel with Wolves?

Idxomer

You mean he looks weak like majority of our team did last night? Because everyone else in the red shirt pretty much lost any duel with Wolves?
It wasn't just last night, he has looked weak in all of his appearances.

Levi1

He often seems to be completely disinterested in defense. He may have an attitude problem, otherwise I can't explain it. Whatever the cause, as things stand, I can't imagine many managers wanting him on loan. He is best as an impact player

D-o-m-i-n-i-k

I agree with you but then we must sell most of the other players who have played yesterday too.

I think he played well in most matches last season and that isn't easy in just 10-20 minutes.

We should keep him this season and he should get more playing time if Antony doesn't improve his form.

CM

It wasn't just last night, he has looked weak in all of his appearances.
He has shown promise but he's a young player largely feeding off scraps for minutes. No player hits their top level from sitting on the bench so Pellistri probably needs a loan, but I don't know how you can say he's been weak in all of his appearances. He was great off the bench against Charlton and Betis last season, just off the top of my head. He also scored in our last pre-season match against Bilbao.

I don't even think he was that bad last night. He didn't do anything remarkable but I don't remember him doing anything wrong either. It was about par for what you'd expect from a young player who hasn't had much exposure to minutes at Premier League level.

Sea-Cow

I wouldn't say he doesn't belong at this level but I would say he doesn't belong at united. The guy is already 21, when we look at his best attributes he has a decent touch, a decent/good level of dribbling and seems to have a decent engine. There is nothing about him that screams out very good winger or even close to being a good (not great) winger for united. And yes he plays for Uruguay and every now and then looks decent but he just isn't good enough. He's not even at the level of the likes of Januzaj, elanga who were eventually proven not good enough.
Just on the eyeball test alone, Pellistri is so much better at football than Elanga its not even close. Elanga is a sprinter, nothing more. And there is a place for that and I hope he has a great career! But at touch, ability to control a ball, pass a ball to a teammate, etc and Pellistri is clearly superior.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Maybe judge him once he's played a similar number of games, he's played in about 5 competitive games for us

flameinthesun

Just on the eyeball test alone, Pellistri is so much better at football than even not even close. Elanga is a sprinter, nothing more. And there is a place for that and I hope he has a great career! But at touch, ability to control a ball, pass a ball to a teammate, etc and Pellistri is clearly superior.
I feel fairly confident in saying if you offered one of Elanga and Pellistri to any team, I'd be shocked if any took Pellistri. Facundo is one of a long list of overhyped youngsters that we have had over the decades. I'm in no way a fan of Elanga but he is easily better that Facundo. This over rating of Pellistri's touch and control and passing is interesting, he is a decent to good dribbler at best and has not shown any real level of creativity ever in his career so far apart from the basic. The proof also is in the pudding with him, no teams really want him, if it wasn't for Amad being injured he likely wouldn't even be on the bench.

golden_blunder

Staff
I feel fairly confident in saying if you offered one of Elanga and Pellistri to any team, I'd be shocked if any took Pellistri. Facundo is one of a long list of overhyped youngsters that we have had over the decades. I'm in no way a fan of Elanga but he is easily better that Facundo. This over rating of Pellistri's touch and control and passing is interesting, he is a decent to good dribbler at best and has not shown any real level of creativity ever in his career so far apart from the basic. The proof also is in the pudding with him, no teams really want him, if it wasn't for Amad being injured he likely wouldn't even be on the bench.
If you think he’s way better than elanga I’d suggest you might want to go to specsavers.
elanga is ok but reliant on pace. The other lad is a baller. Just hope he gets the opportunity to impress because his ceiling is so much higher we will get nosebleeds

Sea-Cow

If you think he’s way better than elanga I’d suggest you might want to go to specsavers.
elanga is ok but reliant on pace. The other lad is a baller. Just hope he gets the opportunity to impress because his ceiling is so much higher we will get nosebleeds
Haha I am confused by this. Are you Team Facundo or Team Elanga?? I need to know!!!!

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Nowhere near ready, Antony hasn't been good enough but posters are becoming really desperate. Doesnt have the capacity to produce in attack, midfield or defence on this level.

flameinthesun

Facundo is nowhere close to a baller. Its actually a bit insane as I am not an Elanga fan but you are talking about Facundo as if he's even a Hannibal/Amad level talent and the jury is still out for both of them. He has a decent touch, if there is space he's decent but everything else is so basic. He has no strength or real pace apart from decent acceleration. He has no creativity in terms of crossing or through balls and he has an okay engine. Even for the reserves he barely stood out and not to the level of an Amad.

We will probably find out by the end of this window or next season but for me his future does not lie with United as he's just not good enough.

golden_blunder

Staff
Facundo is nowhere close to a baller. Its actually a bit insane as I am not an Elanga fan but you are talking about Facundo as if he's even a Hannibal/Amad level talent and the jury is still out for both of them. He has a decent touch, if there is space he's decent but everything else is so basic. He has no strength or real pace apart from decent acceleration. He has no creativity in terms of crossing or through balls and he has an okay engine. Even for the reserves he barely stood out and not to the level of an Amad.

We will probably find out by the end of this window or next season but for me his future does not lie with United as he's just not good enough.
Completely and utterly disagree with every word. Time will tell

Lyng

Way to many judge players on how intense they run around.
Facundo has a much higher ceiling than Elanga and is already a better player. He is more of a goal threat and actually challenges the defenders. His passing is also miles above Elanga's.

flameinthesun

Way to many judge players on how intense they run around.
Facundo has a much higher ceiling than Elanga and is already a better player. He is more of a goal threat and actually challenges the defenders. His passing is also miles above Elanga's.
As I said to others, lets see where the two end up in their careers. Regarding the passing, Facundo has not shown any creativity from a passing standpoint since he joined us so not sure where this narrative of he's this creative winger is coming from. His passing is as inconsistent as Elanga's.

Drizzle

Regarding the passing, Facundo has not shown any creativity from a passing standpoint since he joined us so not sure where this narrative of he's this creative winger is coming from. His passing is as inconsistent as Elanga's.
Exactly. Yet I've seen several suggest he could operate as a creative 10. Based on literally zero evidence. People see what they want to see I guess.

Shiva87

Needs to start instead of Antony next game for sure. Must be sitting on the bench thinking how is that guy playing ahead of me, and costs 100 m.

only player who looked arsed in the last 20 mins today

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Hard to tell how good he is overall, but its clear he can cause problems with his directness and low centre of gravity. Looks hard to stop when he's running at defenders. Probably should've won a penalty when he had his heels clipped.

criticalanalysis

Lively. Deserves consistent minutes but like Garnacho mostly off the bench.

Should have had a penalty.

RedStarUnited

If ETH wants to keep his Antony experiment going, the least he can do is bring this guy on earlier when Antony has his usual stinker.

saik

Should get mins over Anthony. How worse can he be?
Took words right out of my mouth. Worst case scenario Antony comes on with 30mins to go against tiring defence. He literally can't be any worse than what Antony has shown today.

Fecking hell Antony was diabolical. If Pellistri doesn't start next game, he should just look to leave this club on a permanent basis. He has no hope if Antony doesn't get dropped after that mare of a performance.

Lecland07

Would prefer him to Antony. He can at least take players on and does have pace. Seems a bit unfair that he doesn't really get much of a chance when Antony is clearly not good enough.