2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Devil81

Miles better technically than Dan James, the lad is a workaholic.

He's got his place in our squad, every top teams needs a squad and he's more than good enough.

Telsim

I’d suggest ball education.
Not at all. He ran a lot and got involved, but didn't really do anything. Gave away the ball a lot and needs about 10 touches to get a shot off. Had some good dribbles, I suppose.

But if you are comparing him to Antony and Sancho, I guess he's done better. I want him to succeed here, actually, if you have followed my posts.

Tarrou

just seems too weak at the moment

I reckon we'll keep Bruno on the right for a while

zaafi

He has ridiculously quick feet and able to get out of tight situations with ease, which is more than can be said for Rashford and Antony, but he still lacks the little extra, in my opinion. He gets into shooting positions several times, but he just doesn't shoot and it looks like he wants to walk the ball into goal. He needs to learn to use his left foot a bit more, so he can actually shoot when he cuts in. He is the polar opposite of Antony.

pascell

Dont see it with him, tries his best but his first touch and dribbling often lead him down dead ends. Given his 22 in December, he needs a loan for the second half of the season and to be playing week in, week out, those loans to Alaves have killed his development.

kaku06

He needs to improve his physicality as right now he’s too light weight and consistent game time to iron out the flaws in his game but the kid is talented and has good attitude. No doubt about that.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Bit rich coming from you who can’t see with working pair of eyes the obvious talent the boy has.
There’s a reason his last senior competitive goal was for Peñarol in 2020, despite a lot of minutes for Alaves and several chances at United. There’s no doubt he’ll have a career in football at a decent level, but it won’t be in a top team competing for league titles and CLs.

jem

A bit lightweight but anyone calling that awful was seeing what they wanted to see, in my opinion.

Abraxas

One thing I've noticed he's quite poor at which would immediately increase his likelihood to score is he doesn't really have a good feeling for when to shoot. He's always taking one or two more touches then snatching at it too late, invariably scuffing it into the defenders legs. Not surprising he never scores with that kind of shooting technique.

He's a typical South American dribbler first and foremost, he always wants to do that and take more touches. He needs to really improve that aspect of decision making and seeing bigger pictures.

zaafi

There’s a reason his last senior competitive goal was for Peñarol in 2020, despite a lot of minutes for Alaves and several chances at United. There’s no doubt he’ll have a career in football at a decent level, but it won’t be in a top team competing for league titles and CLs.
The reason is that he played a bit over 1100 minutes for Alaves who happened to be the worst offensive teams in La Liga and with a manager who did not want to play offensive football. It really isn't that many minutes.

I thought he held the width well and stretched Palace all game. I think he will be very effective coming off the bench this season

Pirlo'sBeard

I just don't see it. He works hard but his decision making and end product is poor. Could be a decent option off the bench though.

TrailMonkey

Not his best game and not sure what his ceiling is. But he kept himself involved and didn't shy away. Probably too lightweight to be consistently good unless he and ETH figure out how to use his frame more wisely.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pellistri had some decent moments but he needs to show more. Only really started taking on players in the last 20 minutes. I like the kid. He would be well served to hit the gym though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I can see why ETH doesn’t start him. He shows good desire and had some nice moments but he is tactically a bit unaware and struggles to pick the right option. Very lightweight too. Antony is much better than him there.

Did well for the first goal though.

El Zoido

He wasn’t awful but his lack of physicality is a huge issue for him. Looks like a little kid out there at times.

kaku06

Could be but players develop at different stages. Definitely has the tools to become a really good player. Only 21 by the way so has time on his side. Next 2-3 years are crucial for his development.

Sylar

He did ok. Some positions he can be stronger. Thought he started like somebody who hasn't kicked the ball for a long time but grew into the game when he got more touches of the ball.

bstb3

It did show why Antony is (was) getting game time over him at this point, but he needs these minutes otherwise he won't learn. I like his attitude, and he seems to have a good engine, so it can come. Some more physicality if possible as he was a little easily dispossessed, but I don't think tonight did his chances much harm. Certainly a good squad option, even when Antony is back.

Will be interesting battle with Amad when he is back. Different types of players, which is only a plus for us.

Reactions: 711

Lynty

Needs a bit of Bruno’s petulance or Garnacho’s arrogance.

But looking more confident every game.

He should’ve won a penalty tonight, and he should have had one against Bayern in my opinion to.

flappyjay

I think he is the type that should be going to the Netherlands for a few years before making a step up to the pl. Coming straight to Manchester united wasn't the right move unless he agrees to maybe 2 more years of loans.

Telsim

It did show why Antony is (was) getting game time over him at this point, but he needs these minutes otherwise he won't learn. I like his attitude, and he seems to have a good engine, so it can come. Some more physicality if possible as he was a little easily dispossessed, but I don't think tonight did his chances much harm. Certainly a good squad option, even when Antony is back.

Will be interesting battle with Amad when he is back. Different types of players, which is only a plus for us.
Yeah, pretty much. I thought he was terrible, but he needs to play more. And also eat more. I put him and Antony at about the same level of contribution at this moment.

Andersons Dietician

He seems a bit Dan James like. He’s not bad, he does good things but doesn’t really make anything happen. Need to see more of him but it just seems like he lacks end game if that makes sense.

DickDastardly

I can see why ETH doesn’t start him. He shows good desire and had some nice moments but he is tactically a bit unaware and struggles to pick the right option. Very lightweight too. Antony is much better than him there.

Did well for the first goal though.
Both problems which could be addressed with time.

I don't actually think it's the tactical that he struggles with, I think it's mostly confidence based problem.

You could see he has it, just needs to be more free.

He is a bit light I agree, needs to use it to his benefit.

I like him. Feck it.

Banana Republic

He had a specific job to do and he did well.
Although he wasn’t a physical match for their full back, Mitchell, that full back had to stick tight to him, like a limpet and that’s what opened up the space for Dalot to drive forward on our right, time after time.

Pellistri also had a vital role in the first goal.

2nd half, a number of times he helped dig us out of the press on the right wing, when we won back possession, with some good movement and passing.
Unlucky Hughes made that top quality intercept and block, when he broke into the box, late on.

Let’s see how he does with more playing time.

MDFC Manager

I think he did well, but also evident was his weakness, literally. Can't see him so much in England.

Mainoldo

I got criticism for saying this kid is wasteful and needs to up his G/A. Another game another opportunity to get on the score sheet and his body failed him.

Hopefully Antony’s case gets resolved soon.

Mwooyo

Interesting response.
My guy, if you havent watched pellistri dont blame others who have. If you havent watched olise or amad, dont blame others who have. I have watched them - cheers my guy

A player who actually uses his passing to high effect is rashford or grealish - Mate if you think Rashford has "high passing effect" i suggest you go for an eye test. Rashford cannot pass to save his life man. Rashfords use of the ball is among the worst in the league.

Amad is the only RW in our squad who tries to have those same features in that he can beat the fullback by going either way...he just hasnt played consistently at this level. Amad is like Hannibal...they are both really good but just need a run of 4 or 5 games to showcase their talent. - Mate Amad has had ONE season on loan in the championship and played mostly through the middle. What are you on about? Amad just hasnt played consistently at this level? Neither has Pellistri! The point is, your playing Pellistri's ability down based on nothing, yet praising other players like Amad based on nothing. Makes your whole point pointless.

Pellistri is bad but Amad is good? I'm all for debate and opinions but your basing this on nothing. You've made your mind up about Pellistri without him playing games for us
Regarding rashford, if you dont see that his passing is one of his weapons, I dont know who you are watching...rashford consistently picks out hojlund or martial or shaw at least twice a game. You cant tell me that you dont see any difference between rashfords passing and pellistri. Rashford tries something..good or bad, pellistri doesnt even try.

Amad has had one 2 seasons on loan...and in my post I literally said that amad just has not had consistent opportunities at this level.

Hope you watched pellistri really well today...tidy winger, no cutting edge. Never beats a man when one on one. He can be a second option or third...but unless something drastic happens, he will never be our long term first option on the RW. How do I know that... because players with the same weaknesses have struggled for love at manutd. Anthony's woes paint a bleak future for pellistri

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't rate him at all, kick and run style of player but not a quick one. He has no strengths and a few weaknesses.

He is doing alright as 4th choice right winger but surely he has no future in this league.

DavelinaJolie

He clearly has qualities as a player, but I just don't see him lasting. Wouldn't be surprised if he was sold next summer.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I thought he wouldbe more of a Sterling type of player with questionable end product but having so much pace and good dribbling ability in an attacking team getting into so many good positions to convert many many chances, but he's just a bit too weak and not confident enough. He looses basically any challenge which is worrying. He needs to be more aggressive and decisive but he doesn't have that it seems.

Slightly harsh on him in a dull game like today, when we were so reluctant to attack, tryna keep the ball at all costs. But that's exactly when he needs to show he's capable ofthose moments to unliock the defence.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His strength is not at the level required at the moment . Would be better if he moves on in January because at full strength, i dont think he will get a look in. Good talent but right now i think its too much ask from him to play at this level of physical game

massi83

Many things to like about him, but zero end-product means he will have a decent career somewhere else than United.

RuudTom83

The RW was actually functional tonight, which is not something a United fan can say often.

He linked up well with Dalot and was a constant option. Needs to bulk up so he doesn’t get brushed off the ball as easy.

DarkXaero

It was a mixed performance today with both good and bad moments. Those focusing on the negatives just want to validate their agenda. I also don't get the Dan James comparison who was pure pace. Pellistri can actually dribble but struggles with physicality.