Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyunited

Sir Alex you've always fought till the end... Get well soon boss! #FergusonsRedArmy

Irrational.

Horrific news. Get well soon, Sir Alex.

What I can say is that having worked in hospitals over the North West, Salford Hope Hospital is the place to be for this kind of thing. It's a centre of excellence and a tertiary neurosurgical centre. It has world class doctors and facilities and you can ensure he'll be well looked after.

Red warrior 43

I'll never forget this image of Fergusons hand shaking with anger on the side lines against Barca in the second champions league final loss. An incredible man and fighter, get well soon.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
The last of the old school managers . He was straight on the phone to Kenny after Hillsborough too.

Pull through Alex. The game needs people like you.

Lots of Love.

Liverpool.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
My prayers are with him.

He deserves a much longer retirement.
Sensational, fantastic post :(
The eyes are all teared up. So fecking gutted.

Even though the procedure was a success, you don’t want to see anyone go through something like this and especially Sir Alex. He’s just a gentle giant and the last person in my mind who should have had to endure something like this after all he’s dedicated his life for and done.

Man this sucks. It hurts knowing the boss is hurting :(

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hopefully he will be on the mend soon and back to his feet.

Dumbat12

fecking terrible. Hope he recovers quickly and there is no lasting damage.

RedDevil-85

Awful news :(
Touching to see all the tweets from the football world.
Hope he pulls through this and make a full recovery.
Stay strong boss!

diarm

Finished work a little before midnight and turned on my phone to see this news. No illness or life event of someone not in my immediate family has ever shook me this much.

I was born in 86 and have supported United for as long as I can remember. He is football for so many of us. One of my great role models and both he and his family deserve many, many more years of happy retirement.

klayton88

Im scared to go to sleep for fear of what i'll wake up to :(

Keep fighting boss.

Prodigy24

It's 4am in India..and i've just found out about Sir Alex. I started supporting United when i was 8 years old in 1995. For me, United means Ferguson. I've grown up with him. He gave us so many amazing memories... I I remember when he retired, it felt like i had lost a loved one

Today i don't care about the league, Mourinho or Liverpool winning the CL.. All i care about is the boss making a full recovery. I can't describe the impact he has had in our lives. I have tears in my eyes as i type this. Sir Alex, a billion people are rooting for you. Wish you the very best

This is the t-shirt i wore on my night out today. Before i found about Sir Alex

https://ibb.co/fFst4S
I have very similar feelings. Incredible how true all that is now. I was arguing with friends at work today about how much I hated Liverpool and that I couldn't stand them winning it. Couldn't care less about who wins CL and transfers and stuff after hearing about Sir Alex.

FireBlade

Hard news to take all we can do is wait and hope the board shows an extra 20 years to be played!

Abdullah7

I can't thank him much for what he did to me. I was in deep depression having lost my scholarship at MSU that I worked so hard to get.I was hopeless and suicidal thoughts kept creeping into my soul. However, The sining of RvP genuinely made a huge impact on me and I showed a mass improvement later on. I had something to look forward too. 2011/2012 That season was the best medicine for me.

I Love you SAF. Please hang in there.

Reactions: Akshay

RedDevil@84

Wish media would stop acting as if he is already gone. Already putting in SAF's achievements and history and old pics and all.

Robindinho

Can’t remember the last time I cried, yet I’m balling my eyes out going through this thread - just shows the impact of the great man.

Pull through Sir Alex.

Reactions: SteveJ

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
A bit lost for words. I was going to just put down some of my thoughts and feelings about him and how much he has influenced my life. But it's too early to talk like that, he'll pull through this.

It's not a time to talk about football, but I'm going to say it.... we need to win that PL trophy back for him. I know he'll want it more than anything. Listening to what Paddy Crerand said put this in perspective for me. We owe it to him and I know he'll be back at Old Trafford soon, so let's make it happen.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Hoping he recovers and gets well soon. My Dads around the same age as him and you always dread news like this. If any man knows how to show fighting spirit in a time of need it's Sir Alex! Get well soon Fergie!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The procedure has gone very well. Thank god for that.

Get well soon Sir Alex.

T_Model101

Need more tweets in this thread
Incredible how many teams, and players have got behind him in his fight

And too right and all, an utter icon of the game

stu_1992

Really sad news to hear. Can't really express properly how I feel, but I hope he pulls through. I will be devastated if anything happened. This man has brought me so much joy and I genuinely love seeing him in appearances. Was shocked when I saw the notification and it distracted me quite a lot while on a social situation. Only getting time to properly reflect now. And I'm rambling, because this sucks. Beat this thing Sir Alex!

mav_9me

There are two parts to it.

The medical/surgical part to it. Noone can do anything about it. You do your best and hope everything turns out fine.

The second part is usually after the initial stuff is taken care of. There is usually a prolonged recovery phase, both mentally and physically. If anyone can do well in that, it would be Sir Alex.

Here's to seeing him in his seat in Old Trafford again.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Oh gosh I was shocked and devastated when I saw the headlines. Please make a full recovery Sir Alex, for your family, for yourself, and for the people the world over whose lives you’ve touched.

You’ve had a huge impact on my life. Thank you.

Sterling Archer

He will mate, no doubt in my mind
Absolutely. Update that the procedure went well is good. I've had some experience with family going through neuro procedures, albeit planned. It's a long road after but the individuals will to improve is so important. Yup, he'll be good. Nice to see the universal thoughts and support for him as well

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Let's hope it's nothing. I'm dreading the worst.

Edit:

CLUB STATEMENT
I had two brain haemorrhage eighteen years ago. Blood inside my brain. Two years of sleeping, six years of daily rehab. What I will say is that in Sir Alex age this is serious. The next 48h will be crucial and decide the outcome of his future status. I pray to God but the odds for a fully recovery are against him. Sadly.

On a personal note this news hit me like a hammer. On Thursday I talked to a women on my mobile phone and in the middle of our conversation she died, suffering from a brain haemorrhage. I called 911 but it was to late.

Then Sir Alex yesterday. My biggest inspiration as an adult.

RedCurry

The reception he'll get when we do see him will be something to behold.
Yeah but think about it: August, first home game of the season, Sir Alex appears at Old Trafford. Imagine the reaction.
I don’t even know how I’d react the first time I see him after this. I would want to give him a full blown reception but I might just be a lot more subdued.

Status
Not open for further replies.