Gaming Football Manager 2016

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I just walked the league, CL and FA Cup with United. Only player signed for my first team was Stones. Major outgoings were Rooney, Blind and Young.

Stand out performers were Shaw, Basti, Fellaini, Memphis and Martial.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Got a pretty amazing 4-4-2 working for United.
De Gea
Fernandes - Stones - Romagnoli - Shaw
Coman - Oliver - Delle Alli - Felipe Anderson
Martial - Berardi
After a very inconsistent start, I've gone on a 15 game winning run. Hammered Arsenal 8-0, City and Chelsea 4-0 away from home, and now comfortably beat PSG 6-2 on aggregate. Probably the closest I've ever gotten to a classic Fergie 4-4-2. Just fun to watch even if they're only little dots moving around

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Got smashed 5-0 at home by Bournemouth in a pre-season friendly followed by a 8-0 hammering by Bayern in Allianz cup. Have rage quit the game now

Art Vandelay

I rage quit earlier too. :lol:

I had played an FA Cup match yesterday against Spurs, Bernardo Silva made his debut from the bench and scored 2 in a 4-1 win. The game froze and crashed my laptop, upon replaying it today I got beat 3-1 and lost Morata for another 4-5 months(his second 5 month injury in 2 seasons) so I just rage quit.

bosnian_red

Got smashed 5-0 at home by Bournemouth in a pre-season friendly followed by a 8-0 hammering by Bayern in Allianz cup. Have rage quit the game now
It's a friendly though :lol: I haven't actually taken control of a pre season friendly since the first time I've played Fm. Always just give them to the assistant.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It's a friendly though :lol: I haven't actually taken control of a pre season friendly since the first time I've played Fm. Always just give them to the assistant.
Really? I do them all because I wanna make sure everyone gets the minutes I want them to have.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I hate having shit match sharpness so I play all of them. Arenge extra one's in fact to ensure everyone in the squad is at full fitness

bosnian_red

Really? I do them all because I wanna make sure everyone gets the minutes I want them to have.
Yeah, once I'm done my transfers for the summer I basically just spam the space bar until the season actually starts. They're meaningless games and I don't think the players even care if they play them or not for the minutes. And besides, the assistants tend to rotate a decent amount in them so it's not a huge deal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Does anyone have a basic guide to starting off with United?

Which players are good? Which are rubbish and can be sold? Which positions to buy? Any cheap wonderkids available?
It's generally better to figure this stuff out yourself but in my save, Memphis has been poor so far (could be a short term thing as he has great attributes), and Mata is the best outfield player United have. I sold Rooney, Young, Fellaini, Valencia and Valdes. Everyone else has performed fine. Martial is very good in this.

As for wonderkids - I highly recommend the Brazillian left winger Malcom (13 million)

I also signed Embolo (16 million), Bernardo Silva (32 million), Correa (17.5 million), Barbosa (10 million).

Malcom and Silva are playing the best so far, but they all look like great players in the making. They also suit attacking fast-faced tactics.

amolbhatia50k

I was thinking of going for Kane and Greizmann but spending 100 million on two players was too risky. Instead, I've spent it on 7 players all with seemingly great potential.

amolbhatia50k

Zeca the left back is also has terrific attributes for those needing one.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
How do you set the default scout who compiles scout reports?

I've got a host of top quality scouts yet when I ask for scout reports for future players the scout has something like 10-10 on judging ability and potential.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
How do you set the default scout who compiles scout reports?

I've got a host of top quality scouts yet when I ask for scout reports for future players the scout has something like 10-10 on judging ability and potential.
Staff responsibilities. Click your staff page and it's on there somewhere.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Landed this young Ecuadorian lad named Juan Cazares(check him out, looks like he could play in the big leagues, possible cheap gem, starts at Banfield) for New England Revolution, to be a Designated player and replace a 36 year old Ronaldinho. First game whips in a rabona cross for an assist(against Stevie Me's LA Galaxy). I like this guy! :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Managed to finish 7th in my first season in the Prem with Boro. Need to buy a brilliant striker in the summer. Bony was a bit hit and miss and Stuani only got 11 goals. Great season though.

amolbhatia50k

Need help with the fake names issue, again. Deleting the cache and preferences was working fine during the season. I had to do it about 5 times which is fine. During the off season, though, every time I advance time the fake names are appearing. Is there no permanent solution for this?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Landed this young Ecuadorian lad named Juan Cazares(check him out, looks like he could play in the big leagues, possible cheap gem, starts at Banfield) for New England Revolution, to be a Designated player and replace a 36 year old Ronaldinho. First game whips in a rabona cross for an assist(against Stevie Me's LA Galaxy). I like this guy! :lol:
:lol: #Swag

Thoraximus

Latin for deep throat
I'm really struggling with this one. As United I bought Kane and Andre Carillo and sold big fel and Valencia.

Ive been playing a 4-1-3-2 and I've been doing completely shite. I've raged quit so many times and I'm not even at Christmas yet. I didn't beat sporting to qualify for the champions league, lost all my preseason games and only won 3/4 so far.

I genuinely haven't a clue what I'm doing wrong, I used to do quite well on the other games. :(

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I'm really struggling with this one. As United I bought Kane and Andre Carillo and sold big fel and Valencia.

Ive been playing a 4-1-3-2 and I've been doing completely shite. I've raged quit so many times and I'm not even at Christmas yet. I didn't beat sporting to qualify for the champions league, lost all my preseason games and only won 3/4 so far.

I genuinely haven't a clue what I'm doing wrong, I used to do quite well on the other games. :(
It seems this version is all about getting the ball out wide fast for a quick cross to a centre forward.

I've stubbornly refused to accept this and have tried to play a patient passing style, so I too am struggling, considering the team I have. I have a team that should easily be top 4 but each year I struggle to get there, usually finishing 5th or 6th.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Has anybody tried out the FM Draft this year?

Would we like to set up a Caf draft? I think it would be fun!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

I feel you. My latest game ended with me rage quitting after a 7-0 defeat by Everton in the opening game.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can't get into a save this year. Might try Valencia again before I do my usual Villarreal long term save after the final patch.

bosnian_red

Wingers are a must. Not too many teams in real life have successful formations without wingers anyway. Normal 4-4-2, a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 work best I've found.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I'm usually crap at football manager. But brought this one last eek and have done reasonably well. Without rage quiting or cheating in any way.

My first season I signed Harry Kane, and Bernard. Sold Mata. I attempted to play 4231 but was very weak just couldn't get the goals. I switched to a typical 433 martial left, repay right. (dropping Rooney) this won me the league, lost to arsenal in the fa cup final. And bayern in the quarters. Decent season (for me).

I felt I needed a quality central attacking midfielder and go back to 4231. At first I was trying to prise oscar, Chelsea didn't do well and Costa and Oscar was up on the list. Still Chelsea wouldn't sell. So I looked at bale, who was barely playing! I managed to get him and his hefty wages, forces to move Rooney on. He went to Lazio. I also brought in shaqiri from relegated stoke. That's my 4231 sorted I thought.

Before I knew it, hazard was disappointed with the Oscar and Costa being listed so he himself handed in a request! I couldn't help take up the offer and managed to get hazard.

Played 4231 for a while, just wasn't working for me, I switched to 4411, bale central. Hazard right. depay left. They were all great. I played Kane in the league, martial in all the cups. Kane finished 2nd top scorer. Martial finished top scorer in fa cup and champions league.

I was flying high at the top my final 3 games I drew!! I dropped down to 3rd because arsenal were 2-0 vs Chelsea, and city were 1-0 up. I was devasted going into the 75th minute, when city went 2-1 down and Chelsea equalised! I couldn't believe it. Champions again.

I lost to city and arsenal twice in the league, but managed to see off city in the fa cup final.

Beat bayern in the quarters, faced with Madrid in the final who beat me 2-0.

I we given an allowance of 200million! Psg came in enquiring about depay. I jokingly asked for 60 mill and marquinos and they accepted! I was like shitt what do I do. I placed offers for messi 150 mil, he rejected me. Neymars 110 million was accepted, and he only agreed terms because I gain. jokingly offered him captaincy (Bastian is being sold so will need a new captain anyway)

What do people think, neymar for delay a good switch? Depay is really good.

My defence is still Jones smalling darmain and Shaw, midfield is Herrera and schneiderlon. They are just great.

bosnian_red

I think what always gets me bored of a save is when I get a team, win everything and have them all in around prime age, so there's no reason to really do anything in the transfer window and all the players in the starting 11 are around 25-27 years old. Basically have to stick with the same team and not change anything for the next 3 years.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I think what always gets me bored of a save is when I get a team, win everything and have them all in around prime age, so there's no reason to really do anything in the transfer window and all the players in the starting 11 are around 25-27 years old. Basically have to stick with the same team and not change anything for the next 3 years.
That's what I'm enjoying about the MLS, it's quite difficult to keep a key, high quality squad together like that.

Varun

Staff
Going to buy this tonight off steam. How's the difficulty level? Is playing with Utd still a bore or is the AI good in this version?

Art Vandelay

Neymar after almost a year of not wanting to sign for me suddenly wanted to sign for me. So I met his release clause of £150m. He then signed a new contract with Barca. How very realistic.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Downloaded the demo, and now I've got caught the annual bug.:(
Will be downloading the full game tomorrow. Goodbye world...

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Think I'll go for whoever is tipped for first place in League 2. Wont make any signings in the first season, and then go from there.

UnitedBoy

Neymar after almost a year of not wanting to sign for me suddenly wanted to sign for me. So I met his release clause of £150m. He then signed a new contract with Barca. How very realistic.

It's early on. But depay (sold for 60 was better than bale and neymar performing at the moment!

UnitedBoy

----------------------gea
Chambers--dier---smalling---Shaw
-hazard----Barkley---wilshere-----bale
-----------------------neymar
----------------------Kane

Nice British core! I didn't realise dier is English??

Levo

Band of Brothers
----------------------gea
Chambers--dier---smalling---Shaw
-hazard----Barkley---wilshere-----bale
-----------------------neymar
----------------------Kane

Nice British core! I didn't realise dier is English??
Yep, raised in Portugal from an early age but English nationality.

Art Vandelay

It's early on. But depay (sold for 60 was better than bale and neymar performing at the moment!
Depay is actually fine for me, but I want a marquee signing and someone world class to help with tutoring my younger players. When Pogba tutors people their attributes shoot up, unfortunately he's always in a strop so he won't tutor anyone.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
When Pogba tutors people their attributes shoot up, unfortunately he's always in a strop so he won't tutor anyone.
Coincidence. Only attributes tutoring has an effect on are Determination, Professionalism and Ambition.

That said, higher Professionalism and Ambition can help growth, but it's not the tutoring that's causing growth directly.