5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Awful in the first half, a bit better in the second but you'd never guess he was the experienced player out of him and McTominay.

tomaldinho1

He tries hard, I'll give him that.

I still believe there's a player in there, think he needs to just chill out a bit when he gets the ball.

Art

Art the artist
Effort alone won't get a player far at Manchester United. Needs to do better, but when Herrera and Matic come back from injury, I doubt he'll get a look in.

el3mel

He'll definitely get more appearances from now on thanks to injuries so we should be expecting improved performance. It's up to him at this moment to save his United career.

Prodigy24

Awful first 15 minutes, looked rusty and nervous. Played slightly better after that and did very well in the second half. Anyone saying he played terribly during the entire match is either blind or has an agenda against the guy.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Does look weighed down with pressure. He shows for the ball in great spaces and even breaks lines nicely with carrying it but just looks a nervous wreck.

Bobski

He looks like a player who can't handle the tempo of the PL, thus his lack of composure on the ball. Too used to playing at a lower pace with plenty of time and has not been able to earn enough games to adapt. Looks spooked on the ball and then every so often you see a player there.

Litch

Never can get my head around so many can watch the same player but have such different opinions.....

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Would like to see him get another chance but that was poor tonight. I’m convinced he is better than that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not sure how people are saying he did better - we lost control in the second.

Very poor.
He was better in the 2nd half than the 1st half. Obviously so too.

But all round not good.

MetoTTT

Looks nervy as feck, but i think i can see a quality player there somewhere. Needs to show a lot more though to justify that price tag
This. (A)Fred was nervous but I'm confident he'll make it here. Hope he'll have a run of games now start against Southampton. He did a lot better in the 2nd half.

Silas

Awful first 15 minutes, looked rusty and nervous. Played slightly better after that and did very well in the second half. Anyone saying he played terribly during the entire match is either blind or has an agenda against the guy.
Played better, but definitely didn't play 'very well'.

First game back though, so I'm not going to take too much from it. Low confidence and no match rhythm will obviously play a factor.

Alemar

2nd half performance was better, but 1st is the one to forget actually. Not much chances to become a first team regular

Mastoness

Bad first half, second half was little better. Honestly, I can't see anything in him that would suggest that he has a quality to be an United player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think the most obvious thing is how low he is on confidence. Dont expect anything this season but next season we'll see if he can show his quality.

Minimalist

Looked a bit wank to me but I know it’s his first time out there in a long time.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he grew into the game, which is understandable considering he hasn't played any football for a while. Hopefully it helps his performance and helps him settle down.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I missed the first 20 mins and everyone seemed to be talking about him there. Barely even realised he was on the pitch in what I saw.

scoi

The best thing for him is to start against Southampton. He needs the opportunity to get used to the pace. If he has his second half performance from kick off he can start to build the confidence and experience.

Litch

Good enough, who knows but not sure with so many changes whether anything can be taken from that aside from appeared quite nervous but settled as it went on.

gza the genius

Looks nervy as feck, but i think i can see a quality player there somewhere. Needs to show a lot more though to justify that price tag
This. He was terrible for most of the game but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. He needs a run of games and some confidence but I don't know how he can get that with performances like today.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
I have been critical of him, but I can understand why he is not performing.

His struggle is more psychological than lack of ability.He needs to take it easy, he is too eager to impress thereby putting himself under pressure.This led to so many hurried and misplaced passes, lack of spatial awareness, and poor positioning .

There is a player in him, he needs to relax and play his game, improve his positioning and his ball retention/shielding ability.

He will come good with time.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Before you throw him off a bridge, remember he hadn't kicked a ball in 50 days.

mu4c_20le

I have been critical of him, but I can understand why he is not performing.

His struggle is more psychological than lack of ability.He needs to take it easy, he is too eager to impress thereby putting himself under pressure.This led to so many hurried and misplaced passes, lack of spatial awareness, and poor positioning .

There is a player in him, he needs to relax and play his game, improve his positioning and his ball retention/shielding ability.

He will come good with time.
Interesting that this seems more of an accurate description of Andreas Pereira. There's a decent player in there but the kid has been struggling to show it. With Fred however, I see the problem as more of not knowing what to do when his teammates win the ball back. There have been too many times where he looked flat footed. Which is odd because he was everywhere when he played for Shaktar. Maybe confidence and more time with the squad will show an improvement, but he needs to make better runs when we have the ball.

MAME DIOUF 32

He was rubbish but I'm not sure Pereira's been any better. Maybe their respective amounts of game time tell a story about training.

Djemba-Djemba

There was a period in the first half when I thought it might have been kind by Ole to take him off, he was struggling so much.

Got better as the game went on as he kept things simple. Seems a very very odd transfer right now.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Played like a player who has not played football in a while. However, showed some glimpses of his talent. Willing to give him time. Linderlof turned his career around and Fred might be able to do that as well....

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Played like a player who has not played football in a while. However, showed some glimpses of his talent. Willing to give him time. Linderlof turned his career around and Fred might be able to do that as well....
Maybe under Pochettino he would be worth like 100m as he already cost 50.

MrBest

Looks like a player who has played 10 games. He needs consistency before we make a verdict on him. Has a lot of heart i will give him that, i hope he starts against Southampton.

buckooo1978

watching in the first half part of me wondered if the reason he hadn't played was to try and protect his value

glad he was more composed as game went on. played some decent positive passes but has a real headless chicken feel to him

needs more time

Status
Not open for further replies.