Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFletch

Weird, I thought he had a bad game.
Likewise. I thought he was erratic, sloppy, ill-disciplined, and constantly out of position. Of all our players currently out, I think we missed Herrera the most.

This forum has always over-rated running round like a headless chicken though; it's why Bailly was always so highly rated.

mu4c_20le

This is strange. Half of us think that he was very good, other half that he was shit. Wtf?:houllier:
I dont get why so many pepole are making a fuss out of this. He was good in some areas, poor in others. All it shows me is that some people are for some reason unwilling to see certain things and only what they wanted to see.

haram

Thought he was good. Shame about the penalty but it was soft anyway.

El Jefe

Not sure what some of you were watching but he was poor again in a league game. He's a wildcard of a player, having him in the side means you should be prepared for the unpredictable. His touch, passing, tackling and awareness is all wildly inconsistent in the same game. If there's one position you don't wan't a player like that, its your sitting midfield player. Matic was worse but most times you know what you'll get from him.

The penalty was soft but that was an unnecessary barge from Fred.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That's a bizarre statement considering how well he played today.
Considering there's so many people who think he was poor today it might be worth considering what you think is important and what others think is important are very different in midfielders. Some people really like tackles

sport2793

I dont get why so many pepole are making a fuss out of this. He was good in some areas, poor in others. All it shows me is that some people are for some reason unwilling to see certain things and only what they wanted to see.
He was wasteful with the ball but it wasn't like he gave a Pereira vs. Burnley performance. Ander is still ahead of him in the pecking order but I would back Fred to take the next step next season with more PL experience under his belt.

Canagel

Really happy with him again. I lost count how many balls he won in the midfield and cleared a dead certain third at the end too. The penalty was quite soft imo.

Mick321

I thought he was pretty good too. Pen was a joke but expect nothing less with that fat idiot.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It’s encouraging to see the overwhelming majority here have their head screwed on. He had a good game. No amount of exaggerating the odd bad pass or attributing an atrocious refereeing decision to him will detract from his performance. It’s starting to look like there is a decent player in there.

Litch

When you think how many games he's played and people are comparing him with players that have been here and played in the PL for years. Wasn't perfect but within the context of the game and considering Pogs and Matic offered absolutely nothing, he did ok.

Drainy

I don't think he's united player from what he's shown for us so far. Erratic defensive work and needs all day to do anything offensively.

Zoo

That penalty was so soft it’s a shame he had a good game.

RedIke

I'm a fan. But he's the epitome of two forward, one back.

Great turn, run, and pass. Followed by a kick straight out. Followed by losing the ball, followed by winning the ball back 3 times on a row while chasing.

I think more game time will help his consistency. But arrow is pointing up for me for sure.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was good, won the ball back well but that push was silly even if it wasn't a pen, he shouldn't be doing that and gave the ball too easily at times. Still, far from our worst player today.

bdecuc

He does make mistakes. But I think it's obvious he could be a very good player. I'd keep him in the team. Love his ability to turn quickly.

RMD83

I thought he looked good again today. Encouraging signs that he’s turning it around.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This is strange. Half of us think that he was very good, other half that he was shit. Wtf?:houllier:
Football is about opinions, I guess. He was frustratingly inconsistent today, so I can see where it comes from, mind.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He was okay. Not sure that's enough. His top level never seems like it'll be that high. The slower pace of European football suits him better.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Clumsy challenge but we've got away with acouple so no complaints.

He needs the game time and will be a good squad player

ivaldo

Considering there's so many people who think he was poor today it might be worth considering what you think is important and what others think is important are very different in midfielders. Some people really like tackles
The majority are of the mind he played well though...

Kopral Jono

Fredge played with a lot of heart, desire and positivity today. Penalty call was bull. My man of the match.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's inconsistent as all hell.

One moment he'll do something really bloody well. He won the ball back what felt like dozens of times today, and a number of times he bought the ball out from the back very well. But then the very next moment he does something really bloody stupid.

It's because he had moments where he was both. Anyone focusing purely on one while ignoring the other is showing a fair bit of bias one way or the other.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The majority are of the mind he played well though...
Yes and one of those people is of the opinion that unless you think he played well, you don't have your head screwed on. I'm glad I'm not on that side of the discussion.

ivaldo

Yes and one of those people is of the opinion that unless you think he played well, you don't have your head screwed on. I'm glad I'm not on that side of the discussion.
Cool. Your head is looking a little loose by the way. Must have just been because we like tackles, like.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why in your opinion was he bad? An over hit pass? a wrong penalty call?

mu4c_20le

He was wasteful with the ball but it wasn't like he gave a Pereira vs. Burnley performance. Ander is still ahead of him in the pecking order but I would back Fred to take the next step next season with more PL experience under his belt.
agreed and would give him another season to get used to the pace of the league, definitely. He can do even better than today, its just starting to click for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.