Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He played better than most of our outfield players today. Not much criticism about his performance. However, I feel his critics will jump on this display(penalty in particular) and find an excuse to lower his performance.

ErranMorad

IMO, he was good today. Didn't look out of place like he has in the past. Didn't look as hurried on the ball either as he has previously. The passing was decent & he would have found the back of the net on another day.

I would like to see Herrera and him as our two midfielders behind Pogba in one the games before the end of the season. I think the two of them together could be very good.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
Was he any worse than matic because I didn’t see Matic exactly pulling up trees. Fred put in a full shift today and was unlucky with the peno but 30 seconds earlier he was tackled in the Arsenal box and the only one who was tracking back midfielders running into our box.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Considering there's so many people who think he was poor today it might be worth considering what you think is important and what others think is important are very different in midfielders. Some people really like tackles
It wasn't just about the defensive side, though. He was good with the ball, too. Probably our best alongside Shaw and Lukaku, in my opinion.

To each their own, though. I'm not saying im right and you're wrong; I'm just giving my opinion on his performance.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's inconsistent as all hell.

One moment he'll do something really bloody well. He won the ball back what felt like dozens of times today, and a number of times he bought the ball out from the back very well. But then the very next moment he does something really bloody stupid.
Agreed. It was infuriating, doing something so well then trying to overplay it or keeping hold of the ball to long and getting dispossessed. Which leads to Arsenal then countering with more space to run into. He's got ability but no way can you be that inconsistent in that area of the pitch.

Canagel

He also came as close as anyone hitting the post and did like two jobs today after Matic did a disaappearing act. Can't wait until we pair him with Herrera.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd be amazed if he's good enough to even be a squad player long term
I agreed if this is the best he can offer. But he's improved from previous games, and he works really hard. He's here already, so hopefully he will improve. I think he just need to understand of playing as a team player.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Why in your opinion was he bad? An over hit pass? a wrong penalty call?
I didn't say he was bad. People read into things what they want to read.

The consensus is that Fred is very inconsistent, not just across games but within games. I think he showed that beautifully today. That's not something you want from a player in his position. We can afford Pogba thar luxury because he can win us games. Fred is supposed to help us control games and he can't even control himself.

Fracture90

Bogus penalty tipped the scales towards him getting a rating of 'poor' today. He had his moments of ball recovery, slick moves and intricate passess, but he had some bad decisions and poor passing going against him as well .

Look-a-Hill

I don't like the way he's clearly left footed but seems to always try and set himself up to play with his right.

And people have said it already but there is a good player there. Not a solution-to-our-problems-good-player but decent versatile rotation option. Hopefully next season he knows what to expect and can prepare and push on properly.

Brwned

It wasn't just about the defensive side, though. He was good with the ball, too. Probably our best alongside Shaw and Lukaku, in my opinion.

To each their own, though. I'm not saying im right and you're wrong; I'm just giving my opinion on his performance.
For someone that can so easily pass the ball through the lines I think you're very generous for not holding it against him when he opts over and over and over again to choose the wrong pass just because it's the easy pass.

Zoo

Ole needs to stick with Fred and get his confidence higher. He has had 2 tough away games after coming in from the cold and now he needs momentum. He has a lot of qualities.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I must have been watching a different game than some of you tonight. Energy, involvement and 'pashun' cannot make up for a lack of basic positioning, decision-making or passing skills. And it certainly cannot make up for a lack of in game intelligence.

Fred was the second worst player on the pitch for me, and this is without considering the soft penalty. I'd rather have McTominay over him. We got mugged for 50m for this man, he'll never make it as a starter or even a first choice bench option here.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ole needs to stick with Fred and get his confidence higher. He has had 2 tough away games after coming in from the cold and now he needs momentum. He has a lot of qualities.
No Ole needs to drop Fred for Ander Herrera immediately.

Yagami

Good post resistant
For someone that can so easily pass the ball through the lines I think you're very generous for not holding it against him when he opts over and over and over again to choose the wrong pass just because it's the easy pass.
There were times he opted for the difficult one, too. Granted, they didn't all come off, but I appreciated the idea. His two-footedness is just brilliant.

Also, his ball retention under pressure at times was nice. Hes gotten a bit stronger as he's shielding the ball better now.

So, by no means perfect, but a step in the right direction. I was personally very impressed with all that and his defensive side.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
4 tackles
1 clearance
2 interceptions

I thought he looked good with the ball, too.
Does a tackle include winning the ball? Otherwise that looks very low from what I saw.. I can't remember the last time a United midfielder went in and just took the ball back as many times as Fred did today. His game with the ball was very hot and cold imo, but his defensive work was outstanding.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Thought he was our best player. Terrific at holding onto the ball.

We should have made better decisions at times. We had three on threes and so on.

3KDré

Strange player. You can see he’s got the tools to be a good player but he just blows hot and cold.

Brwned

There were times he opted for the difficult one, too. Granted, they didn't all come off, but I appreciated the idea. His two-footedness is just brilliant.

Also, his ball retention under pressure at times was nice. Hes gotten a bit stronger as he's shielding the ball better now.

So, by no means perfect, but a step in the right direction. I was personally very impressed with all that and his defensive side.
Yeah for me that's setting a very low standard for judging a midfielder. No one thinks he didn't have good moments in breaking up the play, retaining the ball or injecting energy into the game. Judging a midfielder on moments is really strange IMO.

Canagel

I don't care what people say, he was great today. Matic was a passenger and Pogba had an off day. Any urgency in the midfield came from him. He pressed and won the ball loads and spread it around well enough.
This.

Trizy

I'm very surprised by the positive reviews. I thought he was shite apart from winning some balls.

Herrera plays instead of him and we win.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah for me that's setting a very low standard for judging a midfielder. No one thinks he didn't have good moments in breaking up the play, retaining the ball or injecting energy into the game. Judging a midfielder on moments is really strange IMO.
Every player is judged off moments, though. Those who are saying he wasn't good, which is fibe, are doing so based off his bad moments, no? Like his inconsistent passing, giving away the pen, being too rash in his pressing leaving us open. And, in my opinion, Fred's moments were more good than bad. Well, a lot more good than bad, honestly.

izec

He was our best player today. Granted, we didnt have many good ones, but he was the best of the bunch. Pen was a joke, otherwise he had a good box to box performance. Some of his dribbling near the oppo box didnt come off, but it happens. Our best midfielder by a mile today. Herrera instead of Matic and he would also look better, because Matic didnt help today. You only have a good game on here if you nail every dribbling, shot and pass. God forbid if you make a minor mistake here and there, then all the 90% of good stuff you did gets overshadowed. At least his overall game was pretty good, half of our other players today had an average to below average game.

Played very well again, i'm just not sure he can play alongside Matic. They just don't seem to gel.

LittleKingCeadd

Too many player held on to the ball for to long at key times and lost possession. Pogba, Rashford and Fred were the biggest guilty party of this.

Pogba was very innocuous in this game and didn't step up.

Tarrou

He’s improving for sure, which is great. Not quite there though, in my opinion, and the pen was a bad decision from him to go in with the shoulder, even if it was soft as feck.

Phil

IMO, he was good today. Didn't look out of place like he has in the past. Didn't look as hurried on the ball either as he has previously. The passing was decent & he would have found the back of the net on another day.
Yup I thought he was good today.

Won the wall back a lot
Kept the ball moving well
Nearly scored

Penalty was utter bullshit.

Of course some people made their mind up on him a long time ago so I'm sure we'll see negative reviews.

Denis79

Had a great game today, hopefully he's finding his way into the first 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.