Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Thought he was brilliant against Madrid. His touch has been well off so far today, but you can see his intentions when he gets the ball and I like that.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Been excellent. Will Excel once Pogba and lukaku come back
my god it's like reading comments about a completely different game about a different player. he hasn't done anything to get any of the over the top praise, some good moves but lost the ball too apart not being really in the game, worse of our all midfielders in fact. Just stop overhyping new players to the club, you look like total tool

Eddy_JukeZ

Not that good this game, but when all 11 players have been uninspiring, that's on the manager.

MadMike

Lots of energy but quite a few loose touches. He looks handy though, I'm sure he'll find his feet.

mewnew11

my god it's like reading comments about a completely different game about a different player. he hasn't done anything to get any of the over the top praise, some good moves but lost the ball too apart not being really in the game, worse of our all midfielders in fact. Just stop overhyping new players to the club, you look like total tool
Piss off . His positioning and the ground he has covered has been brilliant. Whenever he has the ball he looks forward and already has a pass in mind. I don't overhype for the sake of it. For a team that can't keep the feckin ball, he does a lot of donkey work and that's impressive. When we have better ball players and someone to run behind you will see his qualities

PoTMS

Looked poor and sloppy on the ball today. Can't blame him though, everyone's looked shit today in our weird attack vs defence gameplan.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Piss off . His positioning and the ground he has covered has been brilliant. Whenever he has the ball he looks forward and already has a pass in mind. I don't overhype for the sake of it. For a team that can't keep the feckin ball, he does a lot of donkey work and that's impressive. When we have better ball players and someone to run behind you will see his qualities
I can see his potential but in the game he's simply average at best. if you're praising him for something which he isn't you are a simply clown

kundalini

He was poor tonight. Our midfield just gave the ball away cheaply far too often. Couldn't deal with their press at all. Herrera and Pereira were just as bad if not worse.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Didn't get to catch the game. He looks good from this touches video yet everyone is saying he was bad???
I think it was more of a case of our overall play being poor. Fred looked good enough considering how poor we were tactically/ other performances.

I think he will be a good signing.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I actually thought he was tidy on the ball, his first full game for us iirc and not fully sharp yet, he'll be a big hit this season imo.
He actually looked quite good from that video to be honest. Maybe people are so miserable that they let their emotions decide how he played?

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
That's happened for quite a while on here now, the matchday threads are grim viewing if we've not won convincingly.
Indeed.

I'm just interested to see how he links up with Pogba. Will be the key to us having a good season.

Canagel

Quality control
It was only going to be a matter of time before we make him look ordinary. Just like numerous signings in the post fergie era.

Ban

It was only going to be a matter of time before we make him look ordinary. Just like numerous signings in the post fergie era.
My God. Season hasn't even started. How about giving him a chance before going out with that stuff? He played like 2 games.....

pascell

Indeed.

I'm just interested to see how he links up with Pogba. Will be the key to us having a good season.
I agree, I think he'll improve us getting the ball forward and recycling possession faster like Carrick did. Retaining possession around our defence for long spells hindered our game last season and allowed the opposition to get back settled in their positions.

Surely this is a WUM?

It was his first start playing for us, he didn't look ordinary at all and not everyone hits the ground running for a new club, I liked what I saw from him.

TheReligion

Abusive
What an awfully pathetic and embarrassing post.

I'm hoping it was a joke but you can never be sure on the Caf these days.

Patrick08

Will surely help bring more control to our midfield with his energy and dynamism, but i hope he plays more forward passes to service our attacking players in high pressure games than just revert to switching the play and sideways or diagonal passing. He has the capability to do it, but let's see if he has the will or tactical instructions from mourinho to do it.

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
Thought he was brilliant against Madrid. His touch has been well off so far today, but you can see his intentions when he gets the ball and I like that.
Yep, you can see what he's wanting to do but he's clearly still not back up to full sharpness.

Promising signs though.

He really does seem like an Anderson regen, albeit touch-wood without the injury and weight problems.

Bestietom

We can only judge him when he plays with a full team, but I am expecting good things from him.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
He actually looked quite good from that video to be honest. Maybe people are so miserable that they let their emotions decide how he played?
these highlight videos usually show only good pieces of play anyway and tend to miss on some bad parts, Fred got dispossesed quite too many times, doesnt mean he will not be a good addition, in fact I think he will be brilliant for us when the full team comes back but he was nowhere near as good as people think here. New signing syndrome:rolleyes:

Canagel

What an awfully pathetic and embarrassing post.

I'm hoping it was a joke but you can never be sure on the Caf these days.
It's pre season but the signs are already there. Fred excelled in Shakhtar because they are an offensive team. Their movement is much much better than ours. Playing in such a negative way will take away Fred's best qualities. Not just based on one game because I think he's played very well for his first two games but over time there will be a limit to how well he does if we don't change our style.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
these highlight videos usually show only good pieces of play anyway and tend to miss on some bad parts, Fred got dispossesed quite too many times, doesnt mean he will not be a good addition, in fact I think he will be brilliant for us when the full team comes back but he was nowhere near as good as people think here. New signing syndrome:rolleyes:
Only because Bayern pressed us into non existence. Both Pereira / Herrera had the same troubles, so you can't slate Fred for that.

They all tried their best but we just sat too deep as a team.

Acole9

Outstanding
Sky sports website gave him man of the match! He was ok, nothing more.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Sky sports website gave him man of the match! He was ok, nothing more.
He was the only player who had a shot at goal, therefore had to be man of the match. That’s despite the shot nearly going out for a throw-in.

Dyslexic Untied

We were without our other two main central midfielders yesterday and more or less (bar Sanchez) all our important attacking/creative talent (Pogba, Lukaku, Lingard and Martial). Both our attacking play in general, and the individual performances of those who played (such as Fred) should really be looked at in that context.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's no less than a poster claiming he was gonna be much better than Herrera after his first game. I mean why do people focus on preseason whether it's to praise or criticize :lol: ? Preseason means feck all
Agreed. It's all about fitness and settling in for new players. Performances mean very little.

Canagel

FFS it was his 2nd pre-season start for us.
OK but don't you think our style of football will limit him in the long term? Fred needs to be on the ball for things to happen because from what I've seen so far he's always looking for the decisive pass.

keener

I think Fred is an excellent addition and will be a great long term signing. I hope his energy in the midfield will be what we need to turn our team into an attacking side, willing to press up the fields. Wishful thinking. But he's a good start.

AgentP

I think Fred is an excellent addition and will be a great long term signing. I hope his energy in the midfield will be what we need to turn our team into an attacking side, willing to press up the fields. Wishful thinking. But he's a good start.
We have the players to press high up the pitch but we just choose not to. Fred will be excellent alongside Pogba I feel. If Pereira also joins them as the 3rd midfielder, we can look forward to some intricate passing and movement among the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.