Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveskimufc

Played well yesterday. I really hope they don’t give him the armband back though.

no need to publicly strip it, but just suggest he needs to concentrate on his performances first.

Chief123

I think he's a good defender, I just can't get my head around how Ole and United thought when signing him. He's so slow. So, so slow. What was the idea? Surely not playing a high line?
“He’s fast, so fast” (Pep was defo on a wind-up)

Red_toad

He literally should be winning the ball in those situations...to quote Roy Keane "that's his job"
Oh bore off with the whole over critical sheep thing going on in the Caf. Players who play well deserve praise. The players play well the team does well, if you just view it as their job maybe you need to find another interest.

Pat Cat

Played well yesterday. I really hope they don’t give him the armband back though.

no need to publicly strip it, but just suggest he needs to concentrate on his performances first.
It was never taken off of him in to start with. Ralf even praised him for delivering a captain's performance after the game, the fanbase seriously needs to get over this obsession with him being stripped of it. The team has far bigger problems than who's wearing the armband for feck sake.

Pat Cat

Oh bore off with the whole over critical sheep thing going on in the Caf. Players who play well deserve praise. The players play well the team does well, if you just view it as their job maybe you need to find another interest.
Right. Are we only allowed to praise him when he goes above and beyond, like when he's scored a hattrick or something? :confused:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If Maguire is slow then playing in front of a GK like De Gea is too easy for the opposition.

Amarsdd

Its no surprise our team looked defensively solid as soon as Maguire's performing somewhere close to his form from the last season. Some here like to pretend like he's the worst defender in the league, forgetting he was our 2nd-3rd most important player for the last two seasons. No doubt, Maguire has had his struggles and Lindelof has been better overall this season, but we'll definitely need Maguire to be back to his best and regular at the back if we are to get top 4 from here on and do anything in the CL.

Red_toad

Right. Are we only allowed to praise him when he goes above and beyond, like when he's scored a hattrick or something? :confused:
We’re supposed to support the team and want the players to perform. So called fans willing a player to fail is just bizarre

Foxbatt

His heading seems to be a problem with United for sometime. Even before he came to United, Smalling was doing the same thing. Instead of using his forehead he would use the top of his head. I know that they may be trying to get as much height as possible.
I don't know about Maguire's heading ability when he was at Leicester.
He had a good game against West Ham.

daveskimufc

It was never taken off of him in to start with. Ralf even praised him for delivering a captain's performance after the game, the fanbase seriously needs to get over this obsession with him being stripped of it. The team has far bigger problems than who's wearing the armband for feck sake.
You’re not wrong however I’m not going to complain about our misfiring forward line in the HARRY MAGUIRE THRED

NoPace

Best game in a long long time. Excellent performance. Antonio is a tough forward to play against and he did very well. Only pumped it forward like a drunken version of Bonucci once or twice.

Man Utd 1:1 Middlesbrough

Caesar2290

He really did cost us today. His inability to hold the line and play Crooks offside is what caused him to get that chance and score.

I know it's a split second decision, but I expect more from our captain and our most expensive CB ever.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He really did cost us today. His inability to hold the line and play Crooks offside is what caused him to get that chance and score.

I know it's a split second decision, but I expect more from our captain and our most expensive CB ever.
Not Varane and Dalot being completely missing then?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's so fecking annoying to watch on the ball. Its like he has a separate cointoss at the start of the game for deciding which fullback he'll pass to.

Usually its the left back but today he went with Dalot. Harry chose the wrong sport, he's more suited to ping pong.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He stops playing the ball as soon as he sees the handball and raises his hand like he always does.

It's not your job to referee the fecking game, play to the whistle like you've been taught. He's a grifter not a leader.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He stops playing the ball as soon as he sees the handball and raises his hand like he always does.

It's not your job to referee the fecking game, play to the whistle like you've been taught. He's a grifter not a leader.
He does that all the time but why ?? Man needs to realize that there is VAR.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he did well and we looked solid with him and Varane. Cracking penalty too, was nervous when he stepped up!

Classical Mechanic

Both of them were higher up. Maguire is the one who plays onside 2 of their players. All he had to do is take 2 steps forward.
There was no defensive line. Varane and Dalot were completely AWOL. Even if Maguire and Shaw were two yards higher there would still be a 3v2 overload, which somehow became a 3v1 vs Maguire when Watmore received the ball in Varane's defensive position (that looks because Pogba failed to get back in)

lsd

The Oracle
Gotta say the guy can take a penalty. He reminds me of Bruce in that regard. When he stepped up as much as I dislike him as a defender and captain of the club I had no doubt he would score.

If he is going to play I wouldn't mind him being our penalty taker

Pat Cat

Seems to be getting back to his best, both he and Varane are phenomenal last night

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
So in January De Gea got the EPL player of the month award as he made more saves than any other keeper in the EPL. Meanwhile, the only match Maguire played 90 minutes in was against West Ham where De Gea only had to make one save. But go on, tell me again how Maguire isn't scapegoated around here

Amarsdd

So in January De Gea got the EPL player of the month award as he made more saves than any other keeper in the EPL. Meanwhile, the only match Maguire played 90 minutes in was against West Ham where De Gea only had to make one save. But go on, tell me again how Maguire isn't scapegoated around here
Its Maguire's captaincy that caused us to face that many shots in matches he did not play!! Feck Maguire and his massive head and $80M yadi yada!!
I won't be surprised if this argument has be made seriously here

CloneMC16

There was no defensive line. Varane and Dalot were completely AWOL. Even if Maguire and Shaw were two yards higher there would still be a 3v2 overload, which somehow became a 3v1 vs Maguire when Watmore received the ball in Varane's defensive position (that looks because Pogba failed to get back in)

Did we get countered after a corner/freekick? I can't remember what happened beforehand, and the video doesn't show it. It looks like we had a set piece, because most of our players are running back. You can't blame Maguire for this. Where is Dalot? He is nowhere in the picture at all. Varane is at least trying to get back into position. Pogba should have tracked his man better.

Maguire has played well since he came back in. He needs to continue playing like this.

A-man

Did we get countered after a corner/freekick? I can't remember what happened beforehand, and the video doesn't show it. It looks like we had a set piece, because most of our players are running back. You can't blame Maguire for this. Where is Dalot? He is nowhere in the picture at all. Varane is at least trying to get back into position. Pogba should have tracked his man better.

Maguire has played well since he came back in. He needs to continue playing like this.
It was not a set piece. They played their way out of their own box. Dalot was pressing very high (and had no chance to make it back. Varane also pressed very high but was overplayed. Maguire could have done better and it was a team poor effort, but main fault was on Varane imo. He pressed dangerously high considering Dalot was so far up and when he was overplayed he didn’t run home properly.

Last edited:

CloneMC16

It was not a set piece. They played their way out of their own box. Dalot was pressing very high (and had no chance to make it back. Varane also pressed very high but was overplayed. Maguire could have done better and it was a team poor effort, but main fault was on Varane imo. He pressed dangerously high considering Dalot was so far up and when he was overplayed he didn’t run home properly.
That's pretty bad, then. If that was normal play, you're right. Varane is way out of position. I can't blame Maguire for this. I'm struggling to see how he can deal with this situation and not leave someone open. The one thing I can blame him for is not playing to the whistle. I really dislike when players stop playing to raise their hand. The ball from their #35 was also excellent. The highlights should have shown us trying to press high and getting passed around.

A-man

That's pretty bad, then. If that was normal play, you're right. Varane is way out of position. I can't blame Maguire for this. I'm struggling to see how he can deal with this situation and not leave someone open. The one thing I can blame him for is not playing to the whistle. I really dislike when players stop playing to raise their hand. The ball from their #35 was also excellent. The highlights should have shown us trying to press high and getting passed around.
Agree with you. Maguire should have played until the whistle was blown, but apart from that it, it wasn’t really an easy situation for him.
I don’t see the point in Varane pressing so high and taking that risk when we were up 1-0 and dominating the game. Anyway, it was basically his only mistake/poor decision in this game so shouldn’t complain too much.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's been good ever since Rangnick took in charged. Still expect more because I know he can do better. On contrary, Shaw is the one hasn't changed since the start of the season. It was good penalty, not as 10/10 as the penalty in the Euro final though.

Status
Not open for further replies.