g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Certain elements in his game remind me of Nedvěd (ambipedal, good defensive workrate, versatile, team player, powerful shot - or as Sven claimed for Nedvěd - an atypical midfielder, totally complete). Lofty praise, and probably a bit daft to compare him with a legendary footballer, but you get the sense that Mkhitaryan's just revving up (like Pavel in his first season at Juventus) before going Super Saiyan (like his last season at Dortmund where he found greater consistency within the team). Given his style, general stamina levels and intelligence, he could last well into his 30s like Nedvěd, too - could prove to be an astute acquisition for the medium to long term - maybe receding deeper with age and revisiting his earlier midfielder roles at Shakhtar.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mkhi and Martial are the two players I enjoy watching play the most in our team. I'm glad he's playing well. We don't need Griezmann but rather a top class right winger.

Mkhi I hope gets a run of games in the no.10 position.

Mkhizlatba

What a reactionary post. Mkhitaryan has had his share of poor games just like Pogba had his fair share of outstanding games. Mkhitaryan is more mature in his game but then again the unpredictable is part of what makes Pogba great.
In how many games has Pogba been MOTM?
He's definately more valuable at the moment to this team than Paul.

ManUtd1999

He's better than Pogba. If you want a player to be the most advanced midfielder it's him over Pogba. He's better as a 10 than out wide too.
Agreed.

He settled better in the team and he has much more influence on the game than Pogba. The latter is yet to find a good rhythm.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You certainly do get the feel that, when he goes on those bursting runs, he's entered kaio-ken mode which can only be maintained for a minute due to the impact it has on his body.

With our financial power, we should build a hyperbolic time chamber where Mkhi can train for a whole year (1 day earth time) at 100x earths gravity during the summer so that he can reach super saiya-jin.

3KDré

How that an exaggeration? You don't think he has the talent to be one the best players in the world?
Easily top 5 in the world? No way what are you on about? It'd take a lot more to be top 5 in the world.

NYAS

Certain elements in his game remind me of Nedvěd (ambipedal, good defensive workrate, versatile, team player, powerful shot - or as Sven claimed for Nedvěd - an atypical midfielder, totally complete). Lofty praise, and probably a bit daft to compare him with a legendary footballer, but you get the sense that Mkhitaryan's just revving up (like Pavel in his first season at Juventus) before going Super Saiyan (like his last season at Dortmund where he found greater consistency within the team). Given his style, general stamina levels and intelligence, he could last well into his 30s like Nedvěd, too - could prove to be an astute acquisition for the medium to long term - maybe receding deeper with age and revisiting his earlier midfielder roles at Shakhtar.
He's one of, if not the most complete #10 I've seen. Also one that seems massively suited to being a Mourinho #10 in the PL. His weight of pass, two-footedness, high work-rate and stamina are particularly impressive, I'd just like to see him improve his finishing.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
You certainly do get the feel that, when he goes on those bursting runs, he's entered kaio-ken mode which can only be maintained for a minute due to the impact it has on his body.

With our financial power, we should build a hyperbolic time chamber where Mkhi can train for a whole year (1 day earth time) at 100x earths gravity during the summer so that he can reach super saiya-jin.
:lol:

Mourinho must be avoiding all those injuries by using Senzu beans

Bwuk

What

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Interesting comparison that. Does seem to transcend definition and doesn't fit into your orthodox description of a footballer. He's a joy to watch, type of guy we'd be drooling over if he played for Barca because he's very extra terrestrial.

Said it before but even pundits who are anti united seem to love the guy and you have to be pretty special to have neutrals who sing your praises.

Kassadin

Easily top 5 in the world? No way what are you on about? It'd take a lot more to be top 5 in the world.
He has pace, technique, great first touch and an eye for a defense-splitting pass. His problems have always been down to his mentality.

If he can add consistency to his game and produce similar performances week in week out, he'll be a ~30 (goals + assists) goals a season man. He created and scored 49 goals in his last season with Dortmund.

With Ronaldo and Messi at the twilight of their careers, Mkhi certainly has the potential.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If he adds consistency I suppose he could be anything for us. Top 5 in the world is very far away though. That's winning games for us nearly by himself for at least a full season. He has a lovely way of playing the game though. On form he has all the tools to unlock a defense. Opposition need a goal and attack us, bang we are 2 up, game over. Martial is the only other one in our team capable of providing that brilliance against a team that defend in numbers or park the bus

Ban

He's simply brilliant. No other words.

How does that tune go, to the tune of Englishman in NY. I mean words and that. :)

Eddy_JukeZ

Omg :lol::lol::lol:

Sylar

When he picks up the ball on the half way line and runs at pace against the defence its beautiful to watch.

MOTM. Even before the goal when he did his burst, then found a lovely cross for Rashford (which unfortunately but kinda expected went over)

NinjaFletch

He has pace, technique, great first touch and an eye for a defense-splitting pass. His problems have always been down to his mentality.

If he can add consistency to his game and produce similar performances week in week out, he'll be a ~30 (goals + assists) goals a season man. He created and scored 49 goals in his last season with Dortmund.

With Ronaldo and Messi at the twilight of their careers, Mkhi certainly has the potential.
He's only a year and a half younger than Messi...

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

:lol: You've been watching Toonami lately haven't you?

C'est Moi Cantona

He's our best player, and I'm sure Jose wasn't purposely not playing him earlier in the season becasue he wanted to hinder our attack, as some would have you believe with Martial just now.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
A hell of a lot of people in here seem to talk about him as if he's some rising star.

Everyone knows he's 28 and in his prime, right?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
A hell of a lot of people in here seem to talk about him as if he's some rising star.

Everyone knows he's 27 and in his prime, right?
He's a few months into a new league and you don't have to be 21 to have potential. Once he is settled fully here, he is potentially one of the top players in Europe. At the moment he is still inconsistent.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

We need to teach him and Mata the fusion dance, their power levels are similar but I think Mkhi might be a bit stronger.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
He's a few months into a new league and you don't have to be 21 to have potential. Once he is settled fully here, he is potentially one of the top players in Europe. At the moment he is still inconsistent.
He was already one of the top players in Europe. That's the whole point.

predator

Youth NITK
It's genuinely refreshing to have someone who can run with such pace without losing control of the ball. It's really reassuring. I genuinely thought he was going to score from the second he studded the ball down past Huth.
Not many players in the Prem would give me the same confidence - Hazard, Sanchez and possibly Coutinho.

Mourinho needs to find a system where we can get the best out of him.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Certain elements in his game remind me of Nedvěd (ambipedal, good defensive workrate, versatile, team player, powerful shot - or as Sven claimed for Nedvěd - an atypical midfielder, totally complete).
He is a bike?

Interesting comparison that. Does seem to transcend definition and doesn't fit into your orthodox description of a footballer. He's a joy to watch, type of guy we'd be drooling over if he played for Barca because he's very extra terrestrial.
An alien?

A fight game character I guess?

No need for that hyperbolic chamber, just get on Redcafe after a win :lol:

Ross did well, long may it continue.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
MoTM for me today but as has been mentioned already, much more to come. Jose is sure to build our team around him & Pogba causing me to have great optimism thinking about our chances over the next three years or so.
As a team we are strong and youthful from GK, through CB and into midfield. We have some young if naiive forwards who hopefully mature & replace the ageing.
It is still very much a building process but Jose has us competing and as enjoyable to watch as we have been in a long time now.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
That early touch to take it past Huth was something very special, need such high footballing intelligence and anticipation to instinctively understand that that was the way to go past him.

Dante

Average bang
That's the most impressive individual performance by a United player this season. It's the most difficult position in the team to play and Mkhitaryan made it look easy.

Jean claude van hire

Every time I watch him he reminds me more of Cantona. Completely different players obviously but I think it's the running style, the way in which he effortlessly (graceful like at times) moves around the pitch. Quite deceptive speed, absolutely love watching this guy.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Never nodded my head to a post as much as this one.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That early touch to take it past Huth was something very special, need such high footballing intelligence and anticipation to instinctively understand that that was the way to go past him.
Almost identical to de Bruyne goal against us at OT this year

Acole9

Outstanding
Credit to Mourinho for changing the formation and moving him into that role. He was excellent, Leicester could not cope with his pace.

criticalanalysis

Someone posted that topless picture of Miki on a treadmill looking pretty ripped a while back. :drool:

It's obvious he takes his physical training very seriously. His acceleration and sprinting speed is so good to watch.

MattyB1986

That link up play with Mata for the Rashford chance was so beautiful to watch a player just pass with intent.. was lacking so much last year.. Our best player in my opinion.. If we can get Martial firing on the left then our attack would be sorted, imo!

mav_9me

The game changed when he was moved into midfield. And then of course his goal. So my MOTM.

Fridge chutney

His control and touch at pace is what separates him from some of our other fast players. He is a sublime talent and makes our team exciting to watch.

MattyB1986

It's the forward momentum that he brings us that we have been missing.
Yeah, for sure.. He always looks to drive the team forward albeit with runs, or incisive passing through the lines.. It's a joy to watch to be honest when he's on his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.