g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

He was class tonight, his quickness of thought and awareness of the other attackers has injected an urgency into our play that was missing, he rarely ever goes backwards, each touch is towards the opposition goal. His flick to set up Ibra was his flair but the cross to set up Martial was the kind of simple but cold pick out that helped him rack up so many last season.

Bojan11

Still ... he was strolling in the middle of the park while Valencia was trying to cover two players.
If he keeps producing performances like that then I'd let him cheat and stroll around.

I rather we have a skilled winger than a defensive winger.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
I like him a lot. Seems like a really intelligent player.
He is, now all we need is a really intelligent manager to pick him, I feel sure that Jose seen it tonight. Top class player, should be in first 11. In Bundesliga last season he was one of the best players in the league. I am sure many have seen glimpses of his ability tonight. May we see more :)

IRELANDUNITED

Please tell me Jose wasn't resting Lindgard tonight and is gonna play him on Sunday ahead of MKH

RooneyLegend

Jose's efforts to KDb him have to come to an end. he's throwing our season away with such decisions.

Keegs

Miki,Mata,Martial and zlatan front four my God make it happen.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Excellent performance tonight. He adds pace and directness to us. Happy he has turned things around!

Triple.Threat

such an intelligent player, making the correct choice comes naturally to him. Miki and Herrera are like the anti-Fellaini.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant again. Like I was saying at the start when we signed him, he can be up there with any of the attacking mids in the league if he settles. De Bruyne, Silva, ozil, coutinho, mata. He can have as much of an effect as any of them while being more productive then any.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That I disagree with and it's a lot of hindsight at this point. We dominated games offensively and he contributed to it. That's all that matters. We didn't lack chances when he played on the wing, we simply didn't put them away. Win some of these games and people speak differently about him.
Its not the right thread for this discussion, but he has been subdued far too often on the left wing this season. Very few of us need hindsight to know he Mkhitaryan should have come into the fold sooner than he has this season.

As I say, hopefully today displaces Rashford in favour for Mkhitaryan going forward, since the latter is far better in that position.

m1y2

he liked the official website's post about him being voted MOTM by fans, it's good to give him some confidence:-)

Donut

"You feel a lot more settled now in English football?"
"[awkward stare, then proceeds to smile it off] Eeeeehhh yes... I do...."

I interpret that response as "I haven't changed and wanted to play long ago but I'll pretend like not featuring the last couple of months has helped me to get used to the Prem"
Haha, my thoughts exactly.

Lyricist

I mean this guy was Bundesliga player of the year...He got 23 goals and 32 assists across all club competitions last season (transfermarkt stats for Bundesliga, Cup, EL, and EL Qualification).

Imagine if Jose had sidelined Pogba for the same amount of time after the first average games.
Then once Pogba comes back and does well, would people really applaud Jose for his great man management for leaving a star player like Pogba rotting in the stands and for criticizing him publicly before he had even made much of an impression? No they wouldn't. Because they expect a player of Pogba's calibre to feature and impose himself on the team. A player of that calibre should get time to prove himself on the pitch, not in the stands... Therefore I want to know why can't a guy who's had such incredible stats like Mkhitaryan last season be expected to prove his worth on the pitch? If Pogba had been treated like that after his arrival people would be in disbelief. Again, Mkhitaryan was Bundesliga player of the year, everyone who knows him will rightfully wonder as to why he wasn't even part of the matchday squads for the longest time.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Just leave him in the fecking team! Same with Martial. It is not that difficult to see who our better players are.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Tonight he was the creative passer I wanted him to be for us when we bought him. Really hope he cracks on and just gets better and better!

predator

Youth NITK
I feel like when we are in good form and dominating he will be one of our best players. However when the going gets tough I can't see him being a good option. I hope I am wrong though because I am desperate for him to excel at United, he is a very likable chap and looks to me like he is desperate himself to succeed here.

Devil may care

I really liked the interplay between him and Valencia, it looks like they've devloped an understanding prtetty quickly.

Handré1990

I really liked the interplay between him and Valencia, it looks like they've devloped an understanding prtetty quickly.
Valencia's pace and power often gets him into great spaces, and Mkhitaryan is great at using those spaces. Mata doesn't have the speed required, and Lingard isn't a decisive passer like Mkhi, so I can see why they might work very well together

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I feel like when we are in good form and dominating he will be one of our best players. However when the going gets tough I can't see him being a good option. I hope I am wrong though because I am desperate for him to excel at United, he is a very likable chap and looks to me like he is desperate himself to succeed here.
I think he is an excellent player and willing to put a shift in, just a little short of full match fitness.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
In response to the posters going on about how he should have been playing for months, I'll repeat my post that I made in the main forum:

Not really. In pre-season he had one very good game, one very bad game, and from memory an average-good game. Then he was utter shit against City then got injured so didn't play for a while. When he was physically fit again, we were in the middle of playing all the top teams so, after the City experience, it was probably right of Mourinho not to use him at that time. It was only after that where we had a small run of games where I was disappointed he wasn't getting opportunities, but that was relatively recently and it didn't take long before he started getting his chances. So while I personally would have liked to have seen him 3 or 4 games earlier than we did, it's not like he's been sitting there for months deserving to play and Jose has been treating him like shit.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'd like to see how he does for you in a big game. He's clearly an excellent player and has made a massive impact in the cup games, but the step up from that is having the same influence when playing against one of the stronger teams in the league. Everton and Spurs will be good games to judge him on assuming he starts.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I imagine Mourinho won't get any plaudits for how hes managed him. He's played him in the right games and eased him in properly, now we have the real Micky firing on all cylinders. He's done the same with Martial and Rooney, gave them some time on the sidelines and they've come back with some fire on their bellies.

MounchesterUtd

He does have a (pretty inaccurate) reputation for wilting when the going gets tough, and it's almost like Jose intentionally took the heat off him. Long may this form continue.

Jaybomb

To the media and "armchair managers", people think Mourinho's handling of Micki, Martial and Schweinsteiger is direspectful but its all part of the bigger picture. It's called man management. If this forum had their way, we have a bunch of overpaid primadonnas running around not giving a toss about the club. It's called lighting a fire in them. All three of these players looked up for it tonight and if Bastian gets a run of games, I think he might prove his worth as a United player.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I imagine Mourinho won't get any plaudits for how hes managed him. He's played him in the right games and eased him in properly, now we have the real Micky firing on all cylinders. He's done the same with Martial and Rooney, gave them some time on the sidelines and they've come back with some fire on their bellies.
You are right when it comes to Rooney and Martial looked like he was sulking at the start of the season, and played pretty badly, so placing him on the sidelines was justified.

Miki though i don't know. He was in the dog house a long time even though he was match fit, and there has been plenty of opportunities to play him earlier. I guess it's all water under the bridge now and hopefully this means we will see more of him, but i'm not quite certain i would classify this as some stroke of genius by Jose

Acole9

Outstanding
This guy oozes class, his touch and movement add a whole different dimension to our play. He's got to start on Sunday surely.

Sylar

That City match was such a low point for him. Easy to say, why hasnt he been playing,etc, but we dont know what his confidence was like after that (esp after being rightfully subbed off).

Regardless, its nice to see him performing like this. He deserves a start on the weekend against Everton. Would be nice to see him, Mata and Martial playing behind Zlatan.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That City match was such a low point for him. Easy to say, why hasnt he been playing,etc, but we dont know what his confidence was like after that (esp after being rightfully subbed off).

Regardless, its nice to see him performing like this. He deserves a start on the weekend against Everton. Would be nice to see him, Mata and Martial playing behind Zlatan.
Got a feeling we will go 433 against them, but if not that front 4 would be my choice.

PepsiCola

Who was the chap saying with 100% certainty he wouldn't be able to hack it in the prem?

Sylar

Who was the chap saying with 100% certainty he wouldn't be able to hack it in the prem?
Playing Devils Advocate, but he still hasnt ;) :P

Got a feeling we will go 433 against them, but if not that front 4 would be my choice.
I would be happy with either knowing that we have one of Martial, Mkhi or Mata to come off the bench (if we have three in midfield of Pogba, Herrera + Carrick).

ash_86

I think he played more for the team today than trying to everything himself. He was trying too much in the previous games to turn, shoot ect.. Playing selfless suits him well

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I think he played more for the team today than trying to everything himself. He was trying too much in the previous games to turn, shoot ect.. Playing selfless suits him well
I loved his reaction to Martial's first goal, barely anything at all. Was just like 'job done, next'. He'd celebrated Zlatan's first so now it was just about getting on with business.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rooney and Martial he's handled perfectly I think. Martial looks a lot hungrier right now then he did at the start. Mkhitaryan though I'm not sure. He had like 2 sub appearances in August, where he basically had no time to do anything against Southampton (if that was the game he got subbed on in), and against Hull City he was a huge reason why we ramped up the pressed and ended up winning, with a really good cameo. Then got a start against when he had just picked up an injury for his national team so clearly wasn't fit, and had a really bad first half (a half where City hammered us really and everyone was shocking). Since then, nothing until very recently. So I wouldn't say this is justification that he handled him well. He could've probably played a month ago and produced the same performance. Certainly better then the shite Rashford has been putting out recently. So yeah. I'm not gonna give Mourinho credit really for starting to play Mkhitaryan like 4 months into the season when he showed how good he was playing (while being a very hard worker) for Dortmund.

In response to the posters going on about how he should have been playing for months, I'll repeat my post that I made in the main forum:

Not really. In pre-season he had one very good game, one very bad game, and from memory an average-good game. Then he was utter shit against City then got injured so didn't play for a while. When he was physically fit again, we were in the middle of playing all the top teams so, after the City experience, it was probably right of Mourinho not to use him at that time. It was only after that where we had a small run of games where I was disappointed he wasn't getting opportunities, but that was relatively recently and it didn't take long before he started getting his chances. So while I personally would have liked to have seen him 3 or 4 games earlier than we did, it's not like he's been sitting there for months deserving to play and Jose has been treating him like shit.
That would be true, but why didn't it stop Mourinho playing the likes of Fellaini after he was serving up useless performance after useless performance and hampering the whole team?

I think he just saw a weakness in Miki's game and it grew in his head without a base in reality. It wouldn't be the first time.

As for Miki himself, it's hardly surprising the Bundesliga's top assist provider might be quite good in this league too. His movement and running, even off the ball, is exactly what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.