6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danillaco

How Mourinho still puts Lingard out ahead of him I'll never know. Guy just oozes class.
Lingard can dab. We must always have dabs.

He's a class player in deed. Just got a little sorry for him because he creates lots of oportunities, and had chances to get in front of goal but the ball was never passed at him. Deserved a goal.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I've just subbed him into my fantasy football team today. We have a limited amount of subs for the year (7) so usually they are kept for injuries or if someone is dropped for a period of time. Don't let me down Micky, a lot of money on the line :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If rumours are to be believed, after the MCFC game, he said to Jose to transfer list him.
Maybe Miki got pissed off at Jose for subbing him at half time. Who knows. But something definitely happened behind the scenes.
I really hope that's not true

Shark

@NotShark
If rumours are to be believed, after the MCFC game, he said to Jose to transfer list him.
Maybe Miki got pissed off at Jose for subbing him at half time. Who knows. But something definitely happened behind the scenes.
If that's true, I'm surprised he's returned at all.

ash_86

It's all coming together for him. He has come into the club under the right manager i believe. He needs quick people around him to shine, like Martial, Mata and co. He would be very average against a static footballing side, like the LVG teams. Jose's teams are good in counter attacking football, quick fast direct with fast wingers and thats something starting to take shape. Going forward , after we win the ball , the top most players Martial and Miki are gonna grab and run at defenders at full pace. Following them would be Mata or Rooney to provide more support and then Ibra to top it off. We saw evidence of that yesterday. I think Rooney is much suited to this game than ones we we used recent years and Miki might help bring out the best in him. If it goes well , then we give opposition one hell of a heart attack while countering.

Loublaze

ATLien
I've just subbed him into my fantasy football team today. We have a limited amount of subs for the year (7) so usually they are kept for injuries or if someone is dropped for a period of time. Don't let me down Micky, a lot of money on the line :lol:
I'd have waited to see if Mourinho starts him against Everton but your gamble could pay off. What other two United players are on your team assuming you've used the max three allowed?

Dave46

I don't think he would say that. He has a different character.

Stacks

We bought a 27Mil pound player, I think we can forgive Mourinho for thinking he wouldn't die on his arse don't you? He evaluated the situation and has managed him brilliantly from there on out.
We don't know though. How do we know if he had spent more time on the pitch and less in the stands, that he wouldn't have contributed and adapted. E.g. he played a blinder vs Feyenord but didn't get a start vs West Ham. considering he played a blinder against the same side when starting, a few days earlier, how do you know he wouldn't have destroyed West Ham on the weekend? I think he could've destroyed Burnley, Swansea, Fener at home etc. People just assume that because he has played well, it is Jose's genius, as opposed to the fact that he is actually a good player.......I said in another thread, it is win win for Jose. If he played bad, one could say "I told you so". If he plays well, you can talk all the waffle about, "he has adapted to playing against football team from England" despite the fact he scored and assisted against Liverpool and has played the like of Arsenal before.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We don't know though. How do we know if he had spent more time on the pitch and less in the stands, that he wouldn't have contributed and adapted. E.g. he played a blinder vs Feyenord but didn't get a start vs West Ham. considering he played a blinder against the same side when starting, a few days earlier, how do you know he wouldn't have destroyed West Ham on the weekend? I think he could've destroyed Burnley, Swansea, Fener at home etc. People just assume that because he has played well, it is Jose's genius, as opposed to the fact that he is actually a good player.......I said in another thread, it is win win for Jose. If he played bad, one could say "I told you so". If he plays well, you can talk all the waffle about, "he has adapted to playing against football team from England" despite the fact he scored and assisted against Liverpool and has played the like of Arsenal before.
You're so anti-Mourinho, you would say that.

An alternative opinion would be that it's lose lose. If he keeps a mentally fragile player out of the team until he thinks he's ready to hit the ground running and the player has a blinder in his first few games as a regular starter, then he's open to accusations of being clueless for keeping such a talented footballer out of the team. Which is exactly what's being said by you and many others.

Alternatively, if said player has a bad game then it's all about all the wasted money in signing such a crap player, or his inability to get the best out of someone that Tuchel turned into a world-beater and how Mou's to blame for ruining his confidence by dropping him for as long as he did etc. etc etc. Win win, my arse.

This can be spun whichever way you want. At the end of the day, if Mourinho get Mkhi playing like he did under Tuchel (and didn't under the managerial genius, herr Klopp) then credit where credit is due. Still early days but yesterday was a great start.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Pretty much what Pogue said.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
It took some time for him to get settled but now I feel he can start playing at the level we all hoped he would when he came here. Him contributing from the right side of the attack will be such a boon for us, we didn't get much from the offensive players there since the season start, only from Valencia. You can already see how much more pressure we are able to apply with having an actual competent right side attacker. Mata playing there isn't bad per se but it's not his natural position, and for all of his technical abilities, he isn't the guy you can expect to beat his man and speed up on the wing from. His strengths are better utilized at more central role. Mikhi on the right drew so much attention last night that it automatically meant that other 3 attackers had so much more space to work with. Entire defence had to shift around a bit to cover Mikhi better and it opened more avenues for us to exploit. It will naturally benefit Valencia too and open more room for him to operate. I hope Mikhi (and Martial) keeps this up since our attack looks so potent like that. Just imagine if we had Pogba playing behind those 4, distributing the ball and being a threat him self. One of these days we will put out shooting boots on and we'll absolutely devastate some teams when everything clicks.

Reactions: Penna

Oneunited26

Everyone here is going to go mad when he is dropped for Lingard or Rashford again this weekend. In his current form, he should be starting all games. He wouldn't be having any fatigue either because he has barely played this season.
If that happens and we don't get the results with lingard being lingard, headless chicken doing very little, rashford just not cut for the wide birth PPL will be pulling their hair out.

I do feel our lineup against everton should be of

DDG
valencia ?? ?? shaw/blind
carrick
herrera pogba
miki zlaten martial

Still unsure who our CB pairing will be, but against everton probably the right time to get pogba and herrera paired up, with carrick anchoring the midfield, unless its pogba herrera, with mata in the no 10 role

It took some time for him to get settled but now I feel he can start playing at the level we all hoped he would when he came here. Him contributing from the right side of the attack will be such a boon for us, we didn't get much from the offensive players there since the season start, only from Valencia. You can already see how much more pressure we are able to apply with having an actual competent right side attacker. Mata playing there isn't bad per se but it's not his natural position, and for all of his technical abilities, he isn't the guy you can expect to beat his man and speed up on the wing from. His strengths are better utilized at more central role. Mikhi on the right drew so much attention last night that it automatically meant that other 3 attackers had so much more space to work with. Entire defence had to shift around a bit to cover Mikhi better and it opened more avenues for us to exploit. It will naturally benefit Valencia too and open more room for him to operate. I hope Mikhi (and Martial) keeps this up since our attack looks so potent like that. Just imagine if we had Pogba playing behind those 4, distributing the ball and being a threat him self. One of these days we will put out shooting boots on and we'll absolutely devastate some teams when everything clicks.
I feel herrera and pogba playing closer to miki martal and zlaten will give us greater balance and potency, that the shackles are off with carrick holding could be huge for us. mata, lingard, rashford just don't stretch the game with intelligence, they either can't do it, or just got speed with no brains which lingard is the prime example, it does not feel organic when their out there, Miki and Martial I feel have that something extra they can outsmart teams, especially miki

Stacks

You're so anti-Mourinho, you would say that.

An alternative opinion would be that it's lose lose. If he keeps a mentally fragile player out of the team until he thinks he's ready to hit the ground running and the player has a blinder in his first few games as a regular starter, then he's open to accusations of being clueless for keeping such a talented footballer out of the team. Which is exactly what's being said by you and many others.

Alternatively, if said player has a bad game then it's all about all the wasted money in signing such a crap player, or his inability to get the best out of someone that Tuchel turned into a world-beater and how Mou's to blame for ruining his confidence by dropping him for as long as he did etc. etc etc. Win win, my arse.

This can be spun whichever way you want. At the end of the day, if Mourinho get Mkhi playing like he did under Tuchel (and didn't under the managerial genius, herr Klopp) then credit where credit is due. Still early days but yesterday was a great start.
all very true.

AgentP

If that happens and we don't get the results with lingard being lingard, headless chicken doing very little, rashford just not cut for the wide birth PPL will be pulling their hair out.

I do feel our lineup against everton should be of

DDG
valencia ?? ?? shaw/blind
carrick
herrera pogba
miki zlaten martial

Still unsure who our CB pairing will be, but against everton probably the right time to get pogba and herrera paired up, with carrick anchoring the midfield, unless its pogba herrera, with mata in the no 10 role

I feel herrera and pogba playing closer to miki martal and zlaten will give us greater balance and potency, that the shackles are off with carrick holding could be huge for us. mata, lingard, rashford just don't stretch the game with intelligence, they either can't do it, or just got speed with no brains which lingard is the prime example, it does not feel organic when their out there, Miki and Martial I feel have that something extra they can outsmart teams, especially miki
I like the lineup with Carrick starting. But Mata has also been in excellent form so would be harsh to drop him. Rooney getting back into form will make the fight for places even more interesting. We should play Carrick against tougher opposition to provide better defensive cover. Against teams that sit back and defend, we can play Mata/Rooney at No.10 and rest Carrick.

But the front three of Martial, Zlatan and Mkhi should not be changed. Mkhi offers something at right wing that none of our other players can provide. He makes so many intelligent runs. The first two goals against West Ham were laid on a plate by Mkhi's clever movement. Players like Lingard, Rashford, Memphis and Young should only be options from the bench.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I changed my work password to this guy after the game (all my work passwords are United players). I'm massively regretting it now.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I'd have waited to see if Mourinho starts him against Everton but your gamble could pay off. What other two United players are on your team assuming you've used the max three allowed?
Couldn't reply yesterday as I used my quota of posts on here :( We have weird rules its a fantasy football we made ourselves based on the telegraphs fantasy football prices. We have 7 subs all year and can only have 2 players from 1 club twice. So say I had ibra and miki and then hazard and costa.. Every other player has to be from a different club. I have Ibra and Miki now after making that sub :)

Loublaze

ATLien
Couldn't reply yesterday as I used my quota of posts on here :( We have weird rules its a fantasy football we made ourselves based on the telegraphs fantasy football prices. We have 7 subs all year and can only have 2 players from 1 club twice. So say I had ibra and miki and then hazard and costa.. Every other player has to be from a different club. I have Ibra and Miki now after making that sub :)
Ah I see. Good stuff. I only got into fantasy football this season for the first time, playing the official premier league.com game. I think Mkhitaryan has done enough to force his way into the starting lineup for Sunday. Everton away will be tough but I hope he can produce even one or two moments of brilliance like the back heel to Ibrahimovic

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
I changed my work password to this guy after the game (all my work passwords are United players). I'm massively regretting it now.
The password strength evaluation tool must have thought you were an encryption genius

Tarrou

Not usually one to meltdown but I'm having one if he doesn't start the next game. He's fecking class!

Dir Wangem

He brings a lot of excitement to our football. I always feel like something can happen when he has the ball.

Devil may care

The only one of our forwards that is showing enough movement for the CM's, his first touch is also excellent and he either pops a pass off or draws a foul.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Good half from him, actually looked to make things happen.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is a lovely footballer. His touch, passing, intelligence and balance, are all ace. I'd always play a player of his skill.

3KDré

Quality player. If he starts regularly from now on I am fully confident he will become one of the best players in the league.

shr89

His work rate has impressed me today.
Pressing Baines and not allowing him time on the ball

Kag

Lingard was starting over him :lol:
I struggle to buy into the theory that it was Mkhitaryan who needed so much time to adapt to the league when you consider just how much better he is than some of the options that were playing ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.